Chapter 18

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a busy day in the cafè, their shift ended but their boss, Jongmin had an announcement to make. 

"I'll be going on a trip with my best friends tomorrow. Kang Joon will manage the business till I get back next week and Siyoon will be auditing and handling your pay. I've assigned them as they have worked here for me since the start and they are your seniors anyway, I hope my newbies don't feel any bad feelings or unfairness regarding my decision." Jongmin announces to his employees in a dignified manner. 

"Boss, the only thing we hope is for you to enjoy your trip!!" Seulgi beamed out a ray of sunshine despite things not going well for her.

"Hyung, don't forget to buy us some souvenirs, okay?" Kang Joon clung to Jongmin, as he was originally the youngest among them before the new employees came. 

"Aigoo, look at him beg for a different kind of alcohol..." Siyoon started to joke about Kang Joon's drinking habit. 

"Ohhh! Hyung, do you like tasting alcohol?" surprised Sehun asks Kang Joon, completely oblivious of what has happened like Seulgi from the start. 

"I guess you can say so." Kang Joon replies with a sly tone.

"I have different kinds of wine at home that I could give to you! I don't drink much anyway." Sehun offers as he has seemed to like Kang Joon's vibe. 

"Sehun sounds so sophisticated! I could only give Kang Joon half a bottle of Soju!" Jongmin laughs along with them. 

After a good chat, they recieved the day's pay. But before leaving again, another announcement was made.

"I'd like to Invite all of you tonight at my grandparent's newly opened samgyupsal place. There would be a lot of food choices and drinks, but ofcourse you'd have to pay for it though." Siyoon proudly promotes his grandparents'newly established business. 

All of them quickly agreed, even Seulgi who was currently in a broke state. 

But one was struggling to give his answer quickly. 

"You don't have to drink, we could just eat." Seulgi tries to pursuade Sehun to join them again. 

"I'll try to come noona, I just have business to finish first." Sehun gives a vague answer that could lead to yes or no.

"I'll text the address in 30 mins. You guys can go home and get changed first, no pressure." Siyoon headed out.

Seulgi proceeded to clean the tables while Kang Joon and Sehun cleaned their counters. 

"Hyung, can I walk Seulgi alone? Just for this night." Sehun whispers to Kang Joon as soon as Seulgi moved to the back tables. 

Kang Joon was perplexed by Sehun's sudden request. 

"I walk the same way, how is that going to be possible?" Kang Joon tried to say it in a manner that is not showing that he doesn't completely trust Sehun. 

"Hyung, I just need to say something to Noona..." Sehun pleaded in a silent matter. 

Kang Joon's POV

Is he finally gonna tell Seulgi how much of a fraud he is? 

"What is it that you're eager to say?" I asked, with an obvious tone of being too nosy. 

"...I...uhh...hyung....I really like noona." Sehun replied. 

"I think everyone likes Seulgi." I commented. 

"Hyung, I like noona as a woman." Sehun admitted confidently. 

I felt like I choked on air. How guts-y is this guy to lie and tell me that he likes Seulgi. 

"You know that liking someone that deep means protecting them, right?" I kept the conversation natural. Although I think he's talking to Seulgi's father, I still don't have a concrete evidence enough to put things on him. 

"Hyung, I do understand that." 

Does he really?

after wiping the tables, Seulgi went to the dishwashing area to dry up the cups she washed and I followed her. 

I peaked at the door, still torned between walking home with them or just leaving the two alone. 

"Oh! Are you itching to go home already??? Hold on! Just 10 more cups!" Seulgi pleaded and picks up her speed. 

"Ah...no..uh... I'm actually here to tell you that you can go on first, I still need to do.....uh....coffee bean inventory. You know the way back, right?"

Seulgi pouted and nodded her head. I turned away before I could even change my mind and called over Sehun silently. 

Why am I acting like a wing-man? I nodded my head in disbelief with my own actions. 

Seulgi's POV

I actually felt sad that I wasn't gonna walk home with Kang Joon. 

"Do you mind if I walk you home?" Sehun barged inside the dishwashing area after Kang Joon. 

I felt butterflies in my stomach, but at the same it was hard to take away my doubts that easily. 

I smiled at Sehun and allowed him to walk me home. 

After I finished washing the cups, I couldn't help but glance over Kang Joon at the counter. 

He looked lonelier than usual, I was used to see him at his grumpiest and he was only lonely when he's drunk. I've never seen lonely and sober at the same time. 

I step out of the dishwashing area ready to leave.

"I'm going..." I don't know why I'm still subtly giving Kang Joon a chance to walk home with us. 

"Bye!" Kang Joon replied without looking at us as he opens random cabinets and writes on the inventory. 

I'm being a big fool again!!! Kang Joon has become nice to me, but I why do I keep thinking that he'd go 100% caring over me. Ahhhh Seulgi, you make yourself laugh sometimes...

Sehun and I started to walk outside, he seemed urked about something. 

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. 

He looked at me but he couldn't pick up his words fast. I even felt mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter