Chapter 15

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

Kang Joon was right, the place was small but I was in no place to complain anyway. 

"I'm on the 2nd floor, if you need anything. I'll go.....good night" Kang Joon was kind of rushing to go away. 

I quickly took out my wallet

"Kang Joon take this! It's only half of what you payed......I...I'll pay you back as soon as I save up some cash"

"It's okay Seulgi, you don't have to pay anything now" He was so clam about this, I felt kinda weird again.

"Please take it, so that I won't feel like a burden" I urged him and gave Kang Joon my money.

[End of Seulgi's POV]

The next morning came and Kang Joon left early for work.

Seulgi got up early too, she got ready carefully. About an hour of putting her hair up and down, she decided to just tie it up in a neatly round bun. 

She looked at the clock and still about 10 minutes before she goes out. Seulgi decided to put a bit of makeup on for the day, she felt extra. 

"What am I even doing?" She suddenly stops to stare at her mirror. 

"This is hopeless. I can't hide my bags!" Seulgi surrenders with the concealer and proceeds with just a bit of blush and lip tint for color. 

She looked at the clock and again her extra time quickly passed to being late. Seulgi ran out of the apartment and she was purely surprised that everything around her was new. 

She had forgotten that she was already in a different area. 

Seulgi went back in the apartment complex and knocked on Kang Joon's door. It looked like he already left. 

"He forgot about meeeee! What do I do, I'm gonna be late!!" Seulgi panicked and went back out again. 

"If Kang Joon easily travels to the convenience store, then I should have no problem going there too......" 

Seulgi spotted two long ways which is critical. One lead to the convenience store and one leads to a longer way. 

With luck not wanting to be on Seulgi's side, she picked the wrong way. She walked further and further to the point of it's pointless to go back and walk the other way. 

She arrived at a bus stop that reads a sign familiar to her. Seulgi decides to ride on it either way. 

Kang Joon's POV

Boss, Siyoon, and Sehun all arrived early too. It was weird not seeing Seulgi come in early for work. Sehun looked like he was looking for Seulgi too....pshhh... 

"Seulgi isn't here early again?" Hyung asked. Three of us was used to Seulgi showing up early. 

..then I remembered a crucial thing....

My phone buzzed with messages. 

Seulgi: YAAAA I THINK I'M LOST

Seulgi: why does this road go on and on? I though you were just from around the cafè????

Seulgi: Seo Kang Joon!!!! Helpppuu

Kang Joon: Go backkkk to the apartment, take the opposite way!

Seulgi: too late, i'm already on a bus!

Kang Joon: Oh no....

Seulgi: omooooo, what now? 😭

Kang Joon: that bus will go around in circles for 30 minutes before you could even walk 15 minutes more till you arrive at the cafe.

Seulgi: OMO!!!!!! 

Kang Joon: LOL

Seulgi: why did you leave me?! 😭

Kang Joon: I forgot 😂

So that was why something felt off that morning. 

*Group Chat*

Seulgi: I'm sorry, I will be late for work. I got lost. I'm staying at a new place. SORRY! 😭

Seulgi's POV

I finally got off the bus and walking a road with fresh breeze greeting my face. I was late anyway so I took my time, I don't wanna mess my look with running. 

As I neared the cafè I saw a pop up store selling hot hangover soup, I bought a lot! I tried to bargain for a cheaper price and failed, but it tasted so good I can't pass on. 

"Ahjumma, do you happen to have a basic soup?"

The lady had basic soup but it lacked things in it, I successfuly bargained for her to add more bean sprout and tofu in it. 

I finally arrived at work with a tiny bit of sweat breaking out. Siyoon was cleaning tables while Boss and Kang Joon was already orienting Sehun. 

Sehun looked bright while learning about how we do our coffee here, I couldn't help the accidental long stares. 

As soon as they finished the orientation, I gathered them around the table to eat the soup while it's still hot. 

As they each opened their cup of soup their smiles makes me happy. 

"Ooohhh you got us hangover soup????!" Siyoon immediately tastes the hangover soup and so did Boss. 

"Oh! is this from the Ahjumma a few blocks away?" I was surprised that Boss knew exactly who it was from. 

I nodded my head yes. 

"Seulgi, these are expensive hangover soups!" Siyoon gasps in amazement. 

Kang Joon's eyes widened when he saw his soup. 

"Yaaaaa, why is mine different?" He already complained just by looking at it.

"You did not drink last night! Mix it! You'll see that it's not just basic!" I scolded him. 

"Ndjahahsgxhgasyaga daebak! Thank you Seulgi!" His basic soup had more bean sprout and tofu than the hangover soup. 

Sehun seemed quiet and foreign from drinking soup from a cup, but it looked like he enjoyed it. 

Sehun quickly stopped from enjoying his soup and took out a handkerchief from his pocket. I froze when he started to dab away the sweat off of my face. 

"Sehunnn-aaa Your handkerchief will smell funky!" I quickly pulled away.

"Noona, Don't be silly, you're prettier than my handkerchief. Thank you for the breakfast!!" He had his charming way with words thay I could not breathe.

And from the corner of my eyes, I think I saw Kang Joon roll his eyes at us. 

"Seulgi, about the chat...You recently moved?" Siyoon curiously asks. 

I told them about me getting evicted on a short notice and the convenience store incident, as well as me staying at the columbarium for a bit. 

"Aish! Kang Joon, isn't that the convenience store you always go to?" Boss asked and kang joon nodded his head. 

"I always knew that owner of the store is rotten!" Boss'es nose flared up. 

"Even your landlord is cruel! Seulgi, why didn't you sent us a message we could've all helped you, are you okay now?" Siyoon sounded worried too. 

"I'm okay...Kang Joon helped me out last night.....Luckily he was just around.....I didn't wanna bother anyone." I shrunk into a little bunny. 

"Do the girls know of this?" Boss showed concern more than my father could ever. 

"Boss, please don't tell them...they're far out in training, I don't want them to worry while they're away. I'll explain it to them once they come back home." I begged Boss. 

"Is this the address of the convenience store?" Sehun shows me the address of the store. It was correct. 

"Our company manages that branch, turns out there had been lots of complaints... Hold on, let me make a phone call" Sehun turned into business mode. 

"Yes, I want the store cleaned out ASAP." He gave out a short and firm command. 

"Sehun-aaa wait!" I was in complete shock...also I involuntarily touched his arm. This is too much contact in less than 2 days of seeing him again. 

I pull away my hands as if I was electrified, he looked at me with questioning eyes. 

"You don't have to completely obliterate the branch...We can just...go there and ask him to give me an apology." I said.

"We're not going there...." He sounded so assertive but it didn't seem offensive like how Kang Joon can be. 

"Secretary Moon, have him to this address at lunch time. I want him to prepare a formal apology for the company and a sincere apology for Ms. Kang Seulgi, if he cannot remember her face tell him it's the prett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter