Chapter 9

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kang Joon got home, he still couldn't shake away Seulgi's story from his head. 

Kang Joon's POV

Good thing I didn't marry Suzy? ...

..

Hmmm...

I wonder how her parents are now...

Now I'm left with a cliff hanger, this is so annoying!

[End of Kang Joon's POV]

Morning quickly rose and so is Jongmin's text notice to his employees. 

"Sorry, we have to work this family day. Someone booked our cafè for an important meeting. Be at work before lunchtime, your hard work will be compensated well! Fighting!!" 

As the owner of the cafè, Jongmin arrived first and made sure everything inside the place is presentable. It was the first time his cafè got booked for such a generous price point. 

Soon enough Siyoon and Kang Joon arrived with an obvious irritated face. 

"Hyung, you're becoming greedy for sales..." Siyoon said as he lays on the floor, still hungover. 

Jongmin hurries with a pot of coffee made with freshly grilled and grinded beans he did by himself. 

"Here, I owe you guys today!" Jongmin hands the boys mugs and filled them with some fragrantly fresh coffee. 

...

...

"Has Seulgi texted anyone? She hasn't been this late before." Jongmin asks as he phases around the cafè. 

They all shrug and check to see if Seulgi somehow read Jongmin's message. It was not seen nor was she online since last night. 

"She had too much to drink, basically had to drag her out to stop drinking." Kang Joon says as he dials Seulgi's number. 

"But you gotta admit, it was so fun! No one nagged at us and had a tantrum. Seulgi knows how to enjoy being young." Siyoon tactlessly compared Seulgi to Suzy. 

Jongmin couldn't help but hit Siyoon on the head. He knew that Kang Joon is sensitive when it comes to matters involving Suzy.

"I was the one who nagged at you all! Brats." Instead of having another violent reaction, Kang Joon felt like it was more accurate to just laugh at the matter and just take it lightly. 

Siyoon nudged at Jongmin and both of them had a suspicious look on their face. 

Seulgi's POV

The notification bell from my phone is so annoying. I would like to look at it, but my body is dead at the moment. 

...

..

It's still going

..

I sat up from my bed and I instantly felt my stomach spinning. Before focusing on the notification, I looked at the time first. It's only 11am! What the heck.....and then I saw the messages. 

I suddenly enter the state of panic. Quickly took a bath and TRIED to run to the cafè. 7 seconds into running and I vomited in the middle of the street. People looked at me grossed out, I get their point. I felt like dying. I decided to just walk and face the consequence of drinking too much. 

I got to the cafè and went straight to the sink. I know they could hear me vomiting my guts out. I went out again and I saw Siyoon laying down on the floor. I layed next to him and he seemed to look pale too. 

"Aigoo! Our Seulgi looks so colorless!" Boss comments as he pours me a cup of coffee. 

I like how it warmed up my stomach, but I don't think I could even work today. 

Suddenly a group of people enters the cafè. We quickly stood up and welcomed them with a bow. As I lift up my head, I saw an unpleasant image. 

"Come in! We'll take your order and you can proceed to your meeting." Boss happily lead us to accommodate them. I stood frozen seeing the Ladies club eyeing me from head to toe and snickering. 

They all sat down and I haven't moved an inch. 

I tried to quickly hide away in the dishwashing area, but Kang Joon pulled me by his side. 

"Where are you going? We're gonna take orders." He nagged at me. It was really not a good time for it.

I couldn't function well, the situation overwhelmed me. 

"Why are you cold? Ya...Seulgi are you okay?" Kang Joon sounded worried. I think my blood circulation got cut, hence my temperature dropping to ice cold. 

I just nodded yes in reply to Kang Joon's question.

I felt so embarrassed that I have to be in the same area as them. 

We started to take their orders and the ladies looked at me like I was some pathetic person. Fate couldn't be crueler when I landed next to take my step mom's order. 

"Did you think I wouldn't find you?" She whispered and I still couldn't talk. 

We got their orders and they started with their so-called meeting. 

Three of us were behind them just sitting and staring. Boss and Siyoon were obviously gaga about the girls. They were all dressed well and had nice makeup. I looked at Kang Joon and there was no reaction at all.

I poked him and asked, "Don't you think they're super pretty?" In a whispering manner. The only reply I got was him rolling his eyes. 

"That young lady over there would you mind coming forward?" My stepmother summoned me in front. I denied, but Boss, Siyoon, and EVEN KANG JOON encouraged me to go up and participate in their glam class. 

They cheered for me very well. Luckily I am knowledgeable of the basic stuff that was being demonstrated. 

Kang Joon's POV

Do I think they're pretty? I don't think so. They are well dressed though. 

Seulgi looked startled from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter