Chapter 8

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi has struggled to mix and match clothes for the "dinner".  She has been do worked up over what to wear ever since she woke up. 

"Maybe I should skip out. My stomach still hurts from all the alcohol I drank last night." She thought to herself and then started to put back all her clothes in the closet again. 

"He's so vague. Tomorrow's dinner.....pshhh...wHaT KINd OF DINneR KANG JOON?!?!! He's so annoying!" Seulgi started to talk all by herself. 

Suddenly her phone notifies with messages. 

Kang Joon: 6pm at that old Samgyeopsal restaurant we used to go to.

Siyoon: I'm excited!

Jongmin: It has been a loooong time! 

Seulgi: What kind of place is it?

Kang Joon: SAMGYEOPSAL PLACE. 

Seulgi: I KNOW. BUT DO I HAVE TO WEAR SOMETHING FORMAL?!

Siyoon: LOL

Jongmin: Dress comfortably, Seulgi.

Kang Joon: just don't wear a pajama. In case it's still not clear for you. 

*Seulgi left the groupchat*

Siyoon: You're too harsh on her Kangjoonie

Kang Joon: 🙄

*Jongmin adds Seulgi back to the chat*

Seulgi: I'm not going. I feel sick. 

Siyoon: noonooooooo

Jongmin: It's gonna be a good dinner! You wouldn't want to miss it.

Seulgi: I don't know where that place is.

Kang Joon: I'll meet you by our shop. We can go together 🙄

Seulgi: 🤡

"It's as if nothing happened yesterday, He made me come to this Dinner and now he's making me feel like I'm a burden to this event." She complains as she starts to get ready. 

Finally she chooses an outfit that is comfortable and seemingliy fit for a samgyeopsal dinner. A nice orange-y yellow shirt tucked in a light blue jeans. 

"This should be fine." She settled and anxiously waited for the time. 

As she was about to head out, Seulgi decided to just bring her wallet and her phone. She checks for any notifications, but there was nothing. It seemed like she was waiting for a message from her step sister. 

Kang Joon got to the cafè earlier so he decided to step inside and wait for Seulgi. He remembered that he left the paper bag from Suzy inside one of the coffee cabinets. He opened it and found the ring in the same condition as when he first bought it.

A ring glimmering with diamonds that was worth his every dollar without even a second thought. 

Seulgi arrived and saw Kang Joon dramatically looking at the ring.

That's when she finally got a hint of Kang Joon's situation. 

She knocked on the glass to get Kang Joon's attention and greeted him with a big smile on her face. 

Kang Joon's POV

Seulgi got here on time, which is now on a normal scale since she was never late for work anyway. I kept expecting her to not do what she does, Suzy was always late to everything.

She greeted me with a big smile on her face. Different from what I expected to see, it's as if I haven't called her a fool enough times since we met. 

I kept the diamond ring back in the coffee cabinet and closed the shop again. 

My eyes kept turning to see Seulgi while we both walk in awkward silence. Her shirt complimented the brightness of her personality, Its as if she's shinning right now. 

"Did you wait long?" Seulgi asked trying to start a conversation while we walk together.

"Yes! I was getting bored by the second." I jokingly complained. 

"Sorry!! I had a hard time figuring out how to function!!" Seulgi worriedly replies as she looks down. 

"I was kidding! I didn't wait long. Yaaa you look like you're ready for that Samgyeopsal!" I sneaked in a compliment, hoping that it wasnt too obvious about the glancing.

Seulgi smiled shyly and it felt like I was refreshed. I couldn't understand it because I get annoyed at her during work hours. 

Seulgi's POV

Kang Joon is such a strange man. It's like he's himself and not himself at the same time.

The walk felt like a dream, he was being too nice. It's an eerie feeling! Is this what people feel when they are about to die? Am I about to die?! 

It was like a key scene in a drama where people are suddenly nice and happy, then moments later they get into a tragic accident. 

"Kang Joon are you sick?" I had to just ask him. 

He was weirded out with my sudden question as I was also weirded out by how nice he is right now. 

"What?" He lets out a confused reaction. 

"You're being too nice. It's eerie." I commented.

"Aish. You're like a talking banana" He sounded irritated again and I felt a sense of security in it. No tragic scene after all!

The place had a good ambiance and it was not jam-packed at all. The smell of good meat greeted me and I felt like I was in trance. It's been a while since I ate very well. 

"Can anyone explain why do we have this dinner plan?" I asked them. 

Boss gave me a box with a ribbon on it. Have I forgot when my birthday is? Wait....WHEN IS IT AGAIN????!!!?

"Hurry! Open it!" Siyoon excitedly exclaims. 

It's a name plate!!!!! MY NAME PLATE! 

"This is better than a company ID!" I couldn't help but cry tears of joy.

"Welcome to our coffee circle" Kang Joon says as he pats my back while I still cry. 

"This is the first time we ate out together again." Boss sounded so happy.

"And with a new face!" Siyoon added. 

we started to order our food. It was a bit price-y for my budget and I couldn't even afford the meat. I ended up just ordering a kimchi pancak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter