Chapter 19

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kang Joon's POV

A little bit later, I decided to finally go home. As I passed by Seulgi's door I heard her loud singing from inside. 

She must feel very happy right now. 

I knocked on her door impulsively and she quickly answered. 

"Oh! Kang Joon! You're back already?" Words cheerfuly escaped . 

"Did you want me to stay in the cafè longer?" I sarcastically joked. 

"Yes, because you're being a bother!" She answered seriously. 

I GASPED BIG TIME. 

DID SHE NOTICE THAT I WAS FOLLOWING THEM EARLIER?!

I felt the color escape away from my face due to embarassment. 

"relax! I was just trying out your sarcastic humor. I did good, right?!" She laughed at me. 

WHAT A RELIEF!

I nodded my head to agree with her and slowly backed away to evade the mess I knocked myself into. 

"Ya!!! Seo Kang Joon, why did you knock on my door tho?" She asks like a complete fool......she wasn't faking at all. Seulgi really had no idea, not even a hint. 

"Why do you even talk so casually to me?" My only escape method....throw a tantrum. 

"Mianhaeyo Ahjussi." She bows and then closes the door. 

She's developing an attitude, but only towards me!!!

I left and went to my floor, at the exact moment our land lord was doing rounds. I greeted her and quickly added the lacking payment for Seulgi's rent. 

"Is this an advance for your rent?" She asked me.

"No....Ahjumma, that's Kang Seulgi's remaining balance for this month. Don't tell Seulgi I advanced it for her"

The landlord looked confused as if she wasn't happy to recieve rent pay.

"Kang Seulgi? The lady on the first floor with the tiny place?" She asks like she has already forgotten.

"Yes.....her..." Now I'm the confused one. 

"Her rent was just payed for a whole year......just minutes ago. I suggested she could've used a bigger place since she doesn't seem worried about money." w....WHAT?????? Huh?????

"....Ahjumma, did she pay it directly????" she couldn't possibly! Seulgi can't even buy instant tteokbokki????

"It was just a relayed thing, but I'm sure it was for her apartment. Anyways, I'm still busy....I'll chat with you next time." The landlord gave me back my money and I was left in the hallway standing in shock. 

Is that why she was happy? 

What is going on?????

------

Siyoon sent the address of his grandparents' new samgyupsal business. 

Kang Joon went down straight to Seulgi's door. 

"Yaaaa! Hurry up, lets go together!" Kang Joon loudly says as he knocks on Seulgi's door continuously.

Seulgi quickly answered her door still with a bright face on and ready to go.

As they were both walking and trying to catch a taxi, Kang Joon couldn't help but notice Seulgi's joyful vibe. 

"You look very happy, are you that excited for some samgyupsal??" Kang Joon commented still with a kick of the personality that Seulgi has gotten used to. 

"Maybe." Seulgi only replied with one word, but her face is trying to tell more. 

Seulgi and Kang Joon arrived at Yoon's KBBQ and the aroma from all the grilled meat greeted both of them generously.

When Kang Joon turned to look at Seulgi her face lit up with joy. 

"Why are we still standing here?! let's gooooo!!!" Seulgi took Kang Joon's hand and pulled him excitedly.

Kang Joon's POV

Seulgi is so careless...

I didn't want her to grab my hand...

let alone, touch it...

I've been careful...because...I did not want to feel that way towards her.

I felt a source of comfort from her....

"FINALLY! You guys just got here at the right time, the first set of meat has just finished grilling! ...oh...---" Excited Siyoon suddenly points below.

I didn't realize that Seulgi and I were still holding hands, I quickly pulled away from her and said "Ya! you're so careless!"

"You're so sensitive! are my hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter