Chapter 13

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls got up at around 7 in the morning. Seulgi helped around as they scramble to pack last minute. 

"Seulgi, Don't you have to be at work earlier than the actual cafè hour?" Irene questioned.

"...meh....I don't feel like going to work today." Seulgi said without a hint of energy.

"Weren't you always excited to get to work?" Wendy adds up another question.

Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders in reply.

"This is definitely about that beautiful man!" Yeri brought up laughing. 

"Aish!! It's not about him! Why would I care about someone who can't get over their ex." Seulgi exclaimed with feelings.

The girls looked at each other with a mocking expression towards Seulgi. 

"Seulgi, do you know what you sound like right now? A jealous girl." Irene added up to teasing Seulgi. 

"Yyyaaaaaa you girls are jumping into conclusions." Seulgi shakes off being put into the hot seat. 

Moments later, Seulgi's phone buzzes with phone calls from Kang Joon but she continued to ignore it. Seulgi didn't realize that Wendy took a peek and she secretly told the other girls. 

a few minutes later Seulgi's phone buzzed again but she still didn't answer it. 

"Don't be shy Seulgi! Just answer Kang Joon's phone call, we're not gonna judge." Irene nudged Seulgi in a teasing manner. 

The girls giggled and Seulgi couldn't help but feel shy and laugh at the situation. 

"Yaaa, stop making Kang Joon and I a thing!!" Seulgi attack hugged the girls to see them off and shut down her phone. 

Kang Joon's POV

"Hyung I told you she won't answer my phone calls! Why don't you just use your phone?????" I frustratedly place my phone on the table looking hopeless. 

"My phone is still at the repair shop!" Hyung reminds me. 

I look at Siyoon and he trails off in a different direction. 

"Ya!!! What are you conspiring to do? Why don't you try to contact her?" I squinted my eyes at Siyoon. 

"I forgot my phone at home." He lied straight to my face, I can clearly see the phone buldging from his pocket. 

There is no way that she's gonna talk to me after what happened last night.

"Hyung why are we waiting for Seulgi anyway?" Kang Joon asks cluelessly. 

"Look at these notes, detailed and clean. Seulgi made that yesterday when you were missing." Jongmin hands in the notes to Kang Joon like a proud father.

These are so intricate for someone who settled with washing dishes. Just as I was scanning through the notes, Seulgi entered.

"Good Morning!" she greeted us with a smile. She looked already tired despite just arriving at work. 

She un-nervingly still sat beside me and it made me nervous. She looked calm but it alarmed me. 

"Why weren't you answering your phone?" I asked her as if I had the right to nag. 

"oh! That was you? Sorry, I don't answer numbers that aren't saved in my contacts." The burn went straight through me. 

Hyung started to discuss about the interview process and how all of us should be involved with questioning this time since a barista's job is more complicated. 

I was hired along with Siyoon when this cafè started out. We had three days of process before we even knew if we were getting hired or not. Hyung may seem silly most of the time, but when it's days like this we see the more mature and responsible side of him.

It feels weird that Seulgi is sitting beside me, but she was quiet. 

"I've read your written notes, It looked so professional." I tried to break the ice and gave her a thumbs up. 

"You're surprised that I'm not a happy-go-lucky idiot?" She is definitely still mad at me. 

I hushed down and stick to the 'give her some space' technique. 

The hiring got boring, none of the strong candidates that were referred to us was sociable enough. 

"Seulgi, what did you think of that last guy?" Hyung asked Seulgi about the social aspects of the people that applied. She was very specific with who she thinks is good but it wasn't bias at all..kinda like wise choosing, It was another new side of Seulgi. 

The last applicant finally arrived, he stood tall and proud infront of us and handed his resume. 

Hyung, Siyoon and I all gasped in surprised. Standing infront of us is the heir of "Oh Food Inc." One of the largest food distributing company in South Korea and in 4 other countries. 

I glanced at Seulgi to see that she was avoiding eye contact with the applicant.  

"Yaaa, now is not the time to not look at an applicant. He can be a big asset or not" I nudged on Seulgi. 

"I...I.....I can't....." Seulgi nervously replied trying to lower her voice. 

He started to shake hands with us starting with Hyung, Siyoon, Me... And then down to Seulgi. She still didn't turn till I nudged her again. 

I don't understand why she's doing this right now. The applicant had his hand out right infront of Seulgi who was turning sideways hiding her face. 

I nudged her again and whispered "Seulgi, this is really not the time to be like this. Do you have a childish crush on him? Just shake his hand."

She slowly turned back around to the applicant and finally shook his hand. 

Seulgi was acting so awkward that I physically felt it.

He looked at Seulgi as i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter