Chapter 12

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

I went up directly to the girl's floor. I couldn't build up the courage to just open the door and barge in, so I decided to text Joy.

Seulgi: Jjwai, do you think baechu unnie is still mad at me?

Joy: I don't think so. Unnie, why do you suddenly ask?

Seulgi: I'm outside the door, holding a big jar of kimchi. 

Suddenly I hear a running motion from inside coming towards the door. 

"Seulgi Unnie is here!!" Joy calls out happily as she opens the door. 

The girls quickly came out of their room to hang out. When I saw Baechu unnie I got scared and regretted that I went to their apartment. 

"Is that Kimchi?" Baechu unnie talked to me first. I felt like a needle was lifted up from my chest, What a relief!

I didn't even reply to her question but I jumped near her and hugged baechu unnie. 

"Baechu unnie, I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to answer you agressively." I still felt bad that we didn't get to enjoy our food together yesterday. 

"I'm sorry that I assumed you did something stupid. It was just so sudden...and it was embarassing to act like that infront of your coworkers." Irene sounded really embarassed. She shouldn't though, because I was the one who put her into that spot.

[End of Seulgi's POV]

"Unnie, remember when I came running down to your training with my luggage." Seulgi reminisced on a bad memory.

"ohhh! That was the day you said---" Joy said

"Unniieee, I'm never gonna touch or even look at my dad's money even if I starve and live on the streets. I will do whatever I want without their help....Yeah, I remember that one very well." Irene continued. 

"Aish, both of you are so petty. We were all young back then. Ofcourse Seulgi would say that, Irene would believe what Seulgi promised. None of us knew what taxes, rents, and budget were." Wendy went on with her middle-man speech. 

"Why was there a big amount of money anyway?" Joy asked. 

They all found out about the trouble Seulgi's step mother caused in the cafè. The girls comforted Seulgi by doing a group hug. 

"Unnie, sorry we didn't know that you were having an awful day." Joy hugged Seulgi tighter.

"Omo! It's scary that Joy unnie is being affectionate" Yeri joked. 

Seulgi's POV

"Alright alright! Both sides have apologized, we'll end this ceremony with a shot!" Yeri proposed excitedly. My ears sounded 100% sharper and I was ready to drink again!

"Woahh! Wait....we still have training tomorrow and Seulgi has work." Wendy reminded everyone worriedly.

"Don't worry unnie, it's not a shot that you're thinking about." Joy replied to Wendy while getting shot glasses with Yeri. 

It seemed like the maknae line has planned on the spot to make this moment a thing. 

"Our friendship and bond should be strong. We will drink this whenever we have unsolved disagreements that lasts for more than a day." I got worried when Yeri started to drain some juices from the jar of kimchi.

"The longer it is unresolved, the stronger the drink gets. It is to symbolize that we are stronger than this" even more nervous now that Joy has added three drops of hot sauce in the kimchi juice. 

"Our friendship is stronger than this." Both Yeri and Joy handed us a shot glass each. 

The scent of spice entered my nose quickly and I grew more afraid of it by the second. 

"WAIT...it's not only Seulgi and I in this friendship." Irene complained.

"We should all drink this to be fair!" I suggested. 

"Heyyy why am I getting dragged in this too? I was mediating to not drink any shotssss!" Wendy was in a state of panic. 

"We are stronger than this!" I said and quickly got up to get more shot glasses before they could react and find a loop hole for this. 

There it is, right before our eyes. Five red shots...

We drank it and all of us rushed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter