Chapter 7

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Kang Joon and Suzy walked out, Seulgi ran back to the dishwashing area and cried. 

Seulgi's POV

He's right! I'm clueless, how could I put a story in those little pieces! 

Why was he so mad about the paper bag? It wasn't from me, I was just the delivery person of the situation. He's as snob as that woman! 

Siyoon walked in with a bunch of cups that needed to be washed. I stood up still crying...

"I'll wash these" Siyoon volunteered.

"I can work, these are just tears" I tried to give him my cheerful vibe. 

"You sound like you're about to cry again." Siyoon sassed. 

"I...don't.." I wiped away my tears and took half of the cups.

"For someone who is crying, I'm amazed that you can still smile" Siyoon teases 

"I have a resting happy face. It's a gift and a curse" I joked.

He laughs and then says "Anyway, It's not your fault. Don't think about it too much" Siyoon pats my back as he exits with the cups. 

I cried even more.

I really got hurt over what he said. I've been called so many things back at home, didn't think I would also hear it outside of the Kang family. Maybe it is really true. 

[Flashback]

"Kang Marketing Inc. Gathering", where excecutives bring their families and out rich each other. 

Seulgi sat at the back of the hall, she was never fond of the event. 

Seulgi's father approached her with a serious face. 

"Is this another act of rebelliousness?" He tried to scold Seulgi as quiet as possible. 

"I interact with people and tell them what I want to major in, you get embarassed. I sit here and try my best not to talk, now I'm a rebel." Seulgi complained.

"You're telling my colleagues that you want to sing and dance." Her father sounded embarassed for even saying the word. 

"I want to do performing arts. It's what my heart wants." Seulgi said firmly.

"I gave you a good education. I expect you to lead our company, to follow my footsteps. You're wasting our name for a childish dream."  Bo Rae was starting to get more annoyed, but then another executive came in and called Kang Bo Rae's attention.

Seulgi was then left alone, until...

"You're embarassing your father! What will other people think of my family. Look at my daughter! She's socializing well with people." Her step mother adds in the shaming. 

Seulgi didn't even look at her and replied with "Your family? Says who?" While eating a plate of desserts. 

Her step mother grabbed Seulgi by the wrist and pulled her to stand and said "You stupid girl! Didn't your mother teach you some manners?!" 

"She taught me that cheaters are awful people...Exhibit A." Seulgi replies as she pulls her hand back. 

Her step mother decided to pour water on herself and started a scene. 

"Oh no! Seulgi, why would you do such thing! My dress...oh noooo" Her step mother cries for attention. 

Bo Rae ran towards the two and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter