Chapter 17

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First half of the day passed by quickly with a doubled number of customers that went by the cafè. 

The sales were stronger than ever and Seulgi's dishwashing skills have improved, she collected and washed cups faster. 

Throughout the morning Seulgi washed cups and cracked walnuts in the dishwashing area. After the rush hour for coffee, she has fallen asleep in the same position again; sitting while she rests her arms and head on the edge of the sink.

"Seulgi, do you want to get lunch with us?" Jongmin asks softly. 

Seulgi slowly stretches and swung her head left to right without even opening her eyes. 

"Eat a healthy Lunch boss, I think I'll pass on the lunch today." Seulgi declines with a tired voice. 

"Alright, alright. Our hardworking Seulgi wants to rest" He quietly announces it to the others. 

Minutes after the guys left, Seulgi stretches once again and woke up to finish shelling walnuts.

With her eyes still slightly closed, she moves outside the dishwashing area and starts shelling again. 

*Seulgi's phone rings*

Seulgi: Yeobosaeyo?

Ahjumma: Seulgi, are you finished shelling yet?

Seulgi: I'm almost done, ahjumma. Sorry I couldn't do it faster.. The cafè was very busy. 

Ahjumma: it's alright! Drop by the address before your lunch time ends, okay? 

Seulgi: Yes ma'am!

Ahjumma: with that, you will be compensated generously.

Seulgi: that's what I wanted to hear!

Ahjumma: I know! Hahaha so come quickly!

--end of phone call--

"Noona, why are you cracking walnuts with a spoon?" Sehun rises from the seats at the back.

Everyone seemed to love that spot for sleeping. 

Seulgi gets shocked that she wasn't alone and drops the bag of unshelled walnuts on the floor. The walnuts scattered everywhere and Seulgi wakes up from being half asleep. 

"Sehun-ah! You totally scared me!" Seulgi shouts and hold her pounding heart. 

Seulgi's POV

just when I shouted at him from being shocked, I remember the image of myself that he only knows, and that is the calm Seulgi. 

I always scream at Kang Joon for purposely giving me mini heart attack that it became my natural reaction. 

"Sorry....I...I was just surpised." I immediately apologized and started to quickly pick up the walnuts. 

I hid my face from embarassment.

He didn't react at all after that, it felt like I was stuck with a brick wall. Sehun helped me pick up the walnuts, but he was quiet.

What did I do that was soooooooo sinful? Why is he suddenly this cold? 

"Sehun-ah...are you annoyed at me?"

He swinged his head left to right but didn't say a word. 

"Do you open the walnuts like this?" Sehun grabs a spoon and cracks the walnut easily. 

I nodded my head in response. 

He was talking to me...but it felt like we didn't know each other. 

"Sehun-ah..." I tried to aegyo my way out of the guilt. 

He laughed a bit but ended up with a deep sigh. 

"Noona, I really wanted to give you something earlier." He sounded so disappointed and unmotivated. 

"Huh?" I replied confusely

"Do you remember that bread you always rave about from the cafeteria?"

"THE BREAD THAT WAS SHAPED LIKE A BEAR!!!! I remember that! It was always sold out!! It was so annoying." The nostalgic memory flowed through me.

[FLASHBACK]

Seulgi runs to the cafeteria on the dot. She had become faster and faster everyday, but.....the running hasn't brought her any good luck yet. 

Same scenario everyday, arriving at the cafeteria and seeing herself in the reflection of an empty glass case of the famous bread shaped like a bear.

"NO!!!!! Sehun-aaaaa.....tell me it isn't all gone again!" Seulgi shakes an answer out of Sehun who already looked defeated. 

Sehun replied with the saddest nod. 

Seulgi sat down and accepted another day without the bear shaped bread. 

"Noona, I'll get you that bear shape bread one of these days!" Sehun promised confidently to sulking Seulgi.

[End of Flashback]

I never got to buy one neither did Sehun till I dropped out from business school. 

Sehun grabbed something hidden from the coffee cabinet. It was in a paper bag so, I was clueless at this point. 

"Noona, I wanted to give this to you." He handed me the paper bag and I stopped shelling the walnuts.

"Sehun-aaahhh, you didn't have to get me anything though.." A hint of aegyo rushed out of my mouth and I reretted it instantly. 

I can see that he was trying so hard not to smile while I started to open the paper bag. 

As soon as I saw what was inside, I wanted to cry! 

"How did you get these?!" I was so surprised to see a paper bag full of the bear shaped bread from the university cafeteria. 

"It's a secret!" He teases me and Sehun felt warm again.

Sehun's POV

****hours before going to work****

"Secretary Moon, can we go to the university first before you drop me off near the cafe?" I requested and secretary easily accepted it. 

It was only 6AM and my spirit isn't even fully awake yet. 

I'm sure that if I get to the cafeteria before class even starts. I'll be able to buy Noona her bread!! 

--

My plan went smooth, I sucessfully bought the bear shaped bread. I'm very excited to arrive at the Cafè....and.....I will finally tell her. 

--

I hurriedly walked fast to the cafè from my drop off. I wanted to get there before noona, so that I can hide the bread first. 

As I got closer, there were two people looking unbothered by the world.

Oh. 

It was Noona and Kang Joon Hyung.

I felt like the world told just told me that I was too slow again.

I walked right passed them and acted as if I was not jealous at all, I even gave them a smile.

Key word "ACTED". 

Arriving inside didn't make the situation any better. Everyone was cheering on their blossoming closeness.

Who am I to act this way? Maybe this is happening because we didn't meet again by accident.

As the day went by, I had a feeling that noona was also bothered by my actions. I didn't want h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter