Eight part 2

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun worriedly looked at her watch. She already arrived at Tzuyu’s house since an hour ago, but Sana and Tzuyu haven’t seen too. Dahyun pulled out her phone and pressed number one. The phone connected to Sana’s phone, but no one answer it.

 

Dahyun looked outside the door. The sun shone brightly. She forgot to give umbrella to Sana. Is that girl okay? Is Tzuyu look after her? Dahyun felt regretted to let Sana went with Tzuyu.

 

“If you are this worried, why did you let her?”

 

Chaeyoung’s voice brought Dahyun back. The girl was now standing in front of her with a cup of hot drink.

 

“Why did Sunbae let Sana Sunbae go with Tzuyu unnie?” Chaeyoung repeated her question.

 

“Sana could stress if her request rejected.” Dahyun looked outside the door again. “I don’t want that happen.”

 

Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun, and then she nodded slightly even though she actually didn’t quite understand. She put down the cup on the table in front of Dahyun.

 

“Here, drink this. Hot ginger drink. It can make you feeling better,” Chaeyoung said, successfully made Dahyun looked away from the door.

 

“Ginger?” Dahyun repeated, not sure she wanted to drink it. However, the scent that came out from the cup waken her up. Dahyun took the cup, and inhaled the aroma, then sipped the drink. Silently, Dahyun admired the taste that slowly crept inside .

 

“How do you feel?” Chaeyoung asked, curious. The drink was her father’s favorite drink. Almost every afternoon, her mother would make it. She said, it’s good to relieved stress from our body.

 

“It’s really tasty,” Dahyun commented, once again sipped the drink. Like Chaeyoung said, her feeling got better. Her tummy felt warm too.

 

For the first time, Dahyun realized, that now she was in Tzuyu and Chaeyoung’s small house, sat on the sofa which the leather started to peel. Then Dahyun looked around. The house is small but well maintained. But, since then Dahyun felt like there’s something missing. When she saw a photo frame that hung on the wall, Dahyun then understood.

 

“Where are your parents? Working?” asked Dahyun, made Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“They’ve passed away,” Chaeyoung answered. “They died because of traffic accident, three years ago.”

 

Dahyun blinked. “Oh, sorry, I . . . didn’t know.” Chaeyoung shook her head, then stood up. “I go to the kitchen first, Sunbae. I wanna cook for dinner.”

 

“Cook?” Dahyun hummed but Chaeyoung already gone behind the cupboard. Because of her curiosity, Dahyun stood up and walked further inside the house. Behind the long cupboard, there was a small kitchen. Chaeyoung looked busy there.

 

In silent, Dahyun stared at Chaeyoung who was taking out the vegetables from the fridge. The girl then washed the veggies on the sink.

 

“You can cook?” asked Dahyun, made the cabbage that Chaeyoung washed thrown away.

 

Chaeyoung turned her head, very surprised to see Dahyun leaned her body on the wall while looking at her. Chaeyoung decided to cook because she didn’t want to talk with Dahyun. Why did she follow her here?

 

“Yes, I can,” answered Chaeyoung then picked up the cabbage and washed it again, tried hard to not care the presence of the most beautiful creature that ever leaned on her house wall.

 

Dahyun nodded in amazed, unexpected. Her mom never cooked. Dahyun even didn’t remember that she ever saw her mom in the kitchen. So that’s why, to see a woman’s back who actually cook like this was a new experience to her. It pleased to see it somehow.

 

Dahyun was still looking at Chaeyoung’s back when the girl reached a long knife from the dish rack. Dahyun eyes widened when she saw Chaeyoung used it to cut the cabbage.

 

“You. . .usually cook by yourself?” asked Dahyun.

 

“Yes, sometimes Tzuyu unnie helps me.” Chaeyoung took a pause for awhile. “Ever since mom gone, I cook. It’s good to save the money.”

 

“You not afraid?” asked Dahyun again, made Chaeyoung stopped cutting to look at her confused. “You not afraid of being cut by the knife?”

 

Chaeyoung softly laughed. “What should I do then? To cook I have to use knife.”

 

Dahyun nodded her head, but her eyes still looked at the shining knife. All this time, she never saw a girl like Chaeyoung already could cook. So, the view was the combination of attractive and pain at the same time.

 

Even though Chaeyoung was more than capable to cut the cabbage, some strange feeling crept inside Dahyun’s heart. For the first time in her life, Dahyun felt a huge encouragement to protect other girl beside Sana.

 

“If I was Tzuyu, I would never let you cook,” Dahyun said, again made Chaeyoung stopped cutting. “I would do anything so that you won’t touch that dangerous tool.”

 

For several seconds, Chaeyoung stared at Dahyun. When the first time she saw Dahyun at school, Chaeyoung admired Dahyun because of her beauty and charisma. She already happy just by looked at her from a far.

 

It supposed to, she felt happy because Dahyun was here, in her small house. But, Dahyun’s words a moment ago made her realized something. Like a princess in a fairy tale, Dahyun was too beautiful to be real. And, even though Dahyun was real, it felt pain because she was too high to reach.

 

Dahyun and Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter