Nine

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why do stars fall down from the sky every time you walk by?

Just like me, they long to be close to you.

[The Carpenters – Close to You]

 

The bell has not rang yet, but like usual, Tzuyu already busy with her book. Last night, she finished the book that she bought with Sana, and now she was busy re-read a book about Ban Ki Moon which she gonna return it to library later. Because she didn’t want to write it on her book, she wrote it in her brain. Human brain consisted of one billion of neurons, so it won’t be a problem for her to transfer everything to her brain.

 

Tzuyu still busy with her book when she heard some buzz. She was sure that must be Dahyun and Sana, even she didn’t look at it. The students felt happy again perhaps to see Sana because she didn’t come to school yesterday.

 

When the buzz didn’t stop, Tzuyu looked up. That was indeed Sana and Dahyun, so Tzuyu read the book again. However, the next second Tzuyu lifted up her head again. She looked at Sana that still stood in front of her, and then gawked, unbelievably. Now, she knew what makes the class more noisy than usual.

 

Sana smiled to her. “Morning.”

 

“Why. . .” Tzuyu didn’t reply the sweet greeting from Sana. Her eyes struck on what Sana’s wearing. “Why are you wearing that?”

 

Everyone now watching at Tzuyu and Sana, excited of the possibility of another drama. Dahyun just watched them from her seat.

 

Sana looked at the loose jacket that she wore then looked at Tzuyu like nothing happened. “Why not? I can’t wear it?”

 

Before, Tzuyu never thought that her jacket is looked ugly. But now, when Sana wore it, the jacket suddenly looked very dirty and unworthy. Tzuyu have never been so ashamed of having it.

 

“Take it off,” Tzuyu hummed, made Sana’s eyes widened.

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s dirty,” Tzuyu answered. “Take it off.”

 

“It’s not dirty.” Sana shook her head, and then she hugged herself. “I like the scent.”

 

Tzuyu gawked. “Ha. . .?”

 

The other students were buzzing louder while Sana sat calmly on her chair. Tzuyu still couldn’t breathe normally—what Sana said just now made her like being hit by electric with one million volts. She never knew that she has scent. Now, she regretted to lend Sana her jacket. After this, she swore to wash the jacket after she uses it.

 

Tzuyu still eyeing Sana in her jacket when Mr. Moon, their Physic teacher, came in the class. Without saying anything, Mr. Moon succeeded to make the students sat on their chairs. The dark aura that he has indeed made the students afraid of him.

 

“Okay. I’m gonna give the result of your test.” Mr. Moon started the lesson without saying good morning. “Half of this class has to do a remedial.”

 

 He said monotonously, made them only looked at each other worriedly. Mr. Moon then gave the result by called the name of the students one by one.

 

“Minatozaki Sana.”

 

Sana stood up when her name called, and then walked to him. Mr. Moon gave the paper to him with more fierce face written on his face, but Sana dared to look at him casually.

 

“You have to study harder,” Mr. Moon said, Sana blinked. Mr. Moon never commented to anyone before.

 

Curious, Sana flipped the paper. Thirty six from a hundred. No wonder, Mr. Moon gave her special words. While biting her lower lip, Sana walked back to her seat. When her eyes met Tzuyu’s eyes, Sana quickly looked to others, ashamed.

 

“Chou Tzuyu.” Mr. Moon called the last name on the paper. “Perfect score.”

 

Tzuyu got up from her seat after Mr. Moon added the additional info. Her friends were amazed at Tzuyu’s skill that she could answer all the pro-level questions that Mr. Moon gave to them.

 

“You are very smart.” Sana complimented her.

 

Tzuyu felt her ears reddened. “It’s nothing.”

 

Sana stopped looking at Tzuyu when Mr. Moon cleared his throat.

 

Sana pushed the door of the library with all of her strength, and then took a peek inside. After begging to Dahyun, finally she could come here again. Dahyun seemed opposed it, but Sana won her heart by promising to call her if anything happened.

 

While looking around, Sana walked inside the library. Tzuyu can’t be found. Ever since Sana always come here, Tzuyu can’t be seen. Sana had spent her time in the library just to find Tzuyu.

 

Today, the library was a bit quite. Only two students that sat on the chair, while reading their books. Not one of them realized that Sana was there and still looking for Tzuyu.

 

Silently, Sana walked to the fiction shelf, peeked the left and right aisle. The library was like a labyrinth. Tzuyu told her that the books in this library came from the alumni who are also the donator.

 

Accidentally, Sana found Tzuyu walking behind the anthropology shelf. Secretively, Sana followed her. Tzuyu turned to the astronomy shelf, observed the books, then pulled one and sat on the floor. Sana looked at her reading calmly. The sun light that sneak from the leaves on the window made the view felt more beautiful for her.

 

Sana’s corner lips lifted. Tzuyu drowned in a book is an interesting thing to see. Her careless attitude also attracted Sana. All this time, Sana is always protected. Always kept from things that might be danger. But, not when she’s with Tzuyu. Tzuyu made her feel . . . normal.

 

Tzuyu was massaging her stiff neck when she realized Sana presence. The girl was behind the shelf, stood in silence while spazzing out, Tzuyu her chest, she almost thought the pale girl was a ghost.

 

“What are you doing standing there? You made me shocked,” Tzuyu groaned, her heart still beat faster.

 

Sana walked out from her hideout, approached Tzuyu. “What are you reading?”

 

“Big Bang Theory.” Tzuyu pointed to the cover of the book, then looked at Sana with wonder. “Why are you here? Didn’t your princess prohibit you?”

 

Sana shook her head, and then sat beside Tzuyu. She didn’t care about Tzuyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter