Seventeen

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forget I ever said I love you.

Erase the memory buried in your heart.

Your eyes are filled with tears that I cannot wipe away for you.

[Park Shi Hoo – For You]

 

 

"Why did this happen, Kim Dahyun?"

 

Dahyun bowed, her hand gripping the side of her jeans. When he heard the news that Sana was bleeding through her eyes, Kazuo left the meeting he led in Osaka and took the first flight back here. Now, they are in the hospital waiting room while Sana is examined by the doctors.

 

Dahyun opened . "Sorry, Uncle."

 

"During this time, uncle didn't let you go to any school because uncle wanted you to only know each other." Kazuo looked away. "Uncle doesn't want you to meet other people because Sana only needs you. If not you, she will get hurt. Like now."

 

Dahyun gulped. She understood perfectly what was meant by Kazuo's words. Letting Sana enter school was a big mistake.

 

"Uncle shouldn't let Sana and you enter the school," Kazuo said again. "Uncle should know, school is too hard for both of you to go through."

 

Suddenly, Chaeyoung's shadow crossed Dahyun's mind. If she never entered the school, they might never meet. Dahyun might never feel what it's like to fall in love. However, now, that's not what matters. Sana is more important, which is lying down with an intravenous tube and getting factor injections to try to swallow the pain from the swollen joints. If they never entered the school, Sana might still be fine, being in a safe house, eating green beans baby porridge while watching Rugratts, laughing like a child who never felt sad.

 

Kazuo sighed. "And maybe I was hoping too much for you. I gave you too much responsibility."

 

Dahyun's head bowed even deeper. When his parents explained Sanaa's condition to him, he was willing to help him. At that time, he was still a child, but he understood that Sanaa was a special girl and needed it as a protector. Dahyun agreed with the princess and prince's concept, and carried his title proudly. Until whenever, he will always be there for Sanaa and be responsible for him.

 

"You are too young to take responsibility like this." Kazuo tapped Dahyun's shoulder. "I’m sorry."

 

Dahyun immediately shook her head. "I'm all grown up, uncle. I know what I want."

 

"What do you want?"

 

"I want to continue protecting Sana." Dahyun said firmly. "I won’t  repeat my mistakes. Whatever happens, I won’t let Sana become like this again."

 

For a moment, Kazuo looked at Dahyun for a long time, as if judging. Kazuo met this child when she was just born. When seeing the similarities that Dahyun had with Sana, Kazuo knew that this child was born for Sana. Nevertheless, after years of raising them together, Kazuo also realized that Dahyun and Sana had strong ties as sisters, not lovers.

 

Today, Kazuo was finally hit by Sana's declining state because of someone named Tzuyu.

 

However, Kazuo couldn’t take care of Sana every time because he had to work day and night to buy all of Sana's inexpensive needs. Therefore, once again, Kazuo will try to trust Dahyun.

 

"Then you must keep Sana away from that girl." Kazuo looked at Dahyun seriously. "You have to make it clear that Sana can't be bothered."

 

Dahyun nodded. She knew, that was what he had to do. Now, she would really protect Sana, and she won’t make Kazuo disappointed again.

 

She will prove herself that she is a reliable person.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter