Twenty

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to these songs while reading this chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TZWzYEv0xw&list=PLPwkVpEu4X5YlU_2T7kuEf6brfWcTtO9m&index=13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYWg9d_dTE&list=PLPwkVpEu4X5YlU_2T7kuEf6brfWcTtO9m&index=12

 

 

I ain’t think that love was this painful, that love was this sad.

Truthfully, I only thought about you.

[HY ― 366 days]

 

It's been two weeks, Sana still lying in a coma at the hospital. Even though the wound had closed and the bleeding had stopped, her consciousness had not returned. All students have heard about it, and now everyone is starting to feel guilty about prejudice about Sana.

Sana’s illness which is rarely heard is the subject of discussion. Nobody had heard of the name of von Willebrand's disease before. After searching on the internet, then people know that von Willebrand Disease is a blood platelet disorder when the wound cannot close quickly like most normal people. The lack of von Willebrand's factor in Sana's blood makes it hard to clot. The symptoms are similar to hemophilia, but this disease is more commonly found in women.

Everyone began to understand, that it was the disease that had made Sana seem too spoiled. Dahyun's presence beside her made sense. Besides having the same blood type, Dahyun also takes care of Sana from things that could endanger her. Because if she is bleeding, the wound will be difficult to close. If she uses her joints for things that are too heavy, blood can clot and she may be permanently disabled.

Mr. Park is now teaching in class. The tense atmosphere created by the two empty seats between them made his class uncomfortable for the past two weeks. He still remembers how the class was shocked by Sana's message on the board the day before her transfer. A month later, the girl had an accident that made her coma. Nobody in this class does not regrets having treated Sana so badly.

"Soon, you all will face the final exam." Mr. Park made class attention back to him. "I'm sure you can, according to Sana's message."

All students are now staring at him. Only Tzuyu looked down, pretending to read a book. Everyone at the school also knew that Tzuyu was beside Sana when the accident happened, and she had helped Sana as much as possible. However, Tzuyu can't stop blaming herself.

Mr. Park looked at his students. During this time, he never thought that Sana had the disease. Sana and her parent only told the school principal and sports teacher, while other teachers were only instructed not to separate Sana and Dahyun in any kind of group. He thought, it was just a selfish request from a rich school donor, it turned out he was wrong.

"You must know that―"

"MR!!" Irene suddenly rose from her seat, showing her phone that looked lit.

"Irene, stop playing with your ph―"

"Sana is awake from a coma!!!" she exclaimed, making all students turn to her, including Tzuyu. "I sent a message to Dahyun, and just now she replied!!"

"Thank God!!!" Yeri exclaimed, her tears immediately broke. And like the domino effect, other students are now crying too.

Tzuyu had thrown her back on the back of the bench. The news made her able to breathe normally after a hard two weeks. She felt relieved, but at the same time, her whole body felt weak.

"Let's visit her." invite Seulgi to be greeted with a strong nod by her friends. Tzuyu looked at the scene, then remembered the wallpaper on Sana's phone.

The girl will definitely be very happy.

===

The hospital corridor was filled with noisy students. Mr. Han led all of them into a line and told them not to make a fuss, but it was useless. They were so excited to be able to see Sana again.

Tzuyu looked at them all from behind while smiling. Her friends must have been a beautiful gift for Sana who had just opened her eyes after two weeks of sleep.

From the opposite direction, Dahyun walked with soft drinks in her hand. Her steps stopped when she saw the group. Her eyes widened, unable to believe what she was seeing.

"Hi, Dahyun!" Seulgi immediately waved and approached Dahyun who was still dazed. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Dahyun answered doubtfully, and then looked at all her friends who were grinning happily. The next second, Dahyun smiled. "Sana must be very happy to see you guys again."

At a glance, Dahyun caught Tzuyu who was trying not to be seen behind Mr. Park. All attention immediately diverted to her.

"Ah, Tzuyu should have met Sana first!" exclaimed Seulgi, welcomed by her other friends. Everyone pushed Tzuyu until she was now facing Dahyun.

Dahyun smiled stiffly and then nodded. "Come on."

Supposedly, Tzuyu was grateful that Dahyun still allowed her to meet Sana. Dahyun is a really good person. Tzuyu shouldn't think strangely about her first.

With a pounding heart, Tzuyu stepped into the air-cooled room. Sana seemed to be watching television, her head wrapped in brown bandages. Suddenly, Tzuyu's chest felt tight. She had never felt so happy seeing Sana. The image of Sana lying in her lap bleeding still filled her brain.

"Sana, look who’s coming."

Sana turned around when she heard Dahyun's voice. She looked at Dahyun, then widened when she saw the crowd behind her.

"Hi, Sana," said Tzuyu, trying hard not to sound nervous. However, Sana's eyes had hypnotized her like before.

The eyes stared at her a long time before finally returning to Dahyun.

"Who are they, Dahyun?" she asked, and then looked back at Tzuyu innocently. "Do we know them?"

If there is a joke that is not funny at all, then this is precisely it. Suddenly, Tzuyu felt like she was shooting a drama. Soon there will be a director who yells 'cut' and scolded her for her surprised acting that is not optimal.

Tzuyu looked at Dahyun who was just as surprised. opened and closed as if looking for the right moment to say ‘don’t joke around’. However, Sana wasn't like she was joking. Sana looked really confused.

"Sana, they are ... our classmates." Dahyun realized from her surprise. "You don't remember?"

"Classmate?" Sana looked back at Tzuyu then tilted her head. "Did we ever go to school?"

Instantly, everyone stared at each other in horror. Tzuyu herself could only stare at Sana bitterly, repeatedly convincing herself that amnesia was only an illness in the drama when they needed to lengthen the episode. Diseases that do not occur in real life.

However, this happened. This happened to the person she loved so much.

To Sana.

===

According to Dr. Cho, Sana's brain was traumatized. She has partial amnesia, her memory has stopped three years ago. That's why she could recognize Dahyun, but not her friends.

This is really ironic. When all his friends approached her, she instead moved away. Dahyun really never thought this would happen. She was so happy that Sana had regained consciousness, apparently, she had to experience another disaster. Sometimes, Dahyun feels, life is really unfair to her.

The cellphone in her pocket suddenly vibrated. Dahyun took it out, and then read the short message that appeared there.

We're on our way there.

Dahyun sighed reading a message from her father. Her parents finally arrived in Korea. They have heard everything from Mr. Minatozaki. Dahyun should be grateful that they didn't blame her, but instead thought she had done her best to protect Sana. However, Dahyun didn’t feel that way. She felt like someone who failed to keep her own promise.

A bottle of mineral water suddenly entered Dahyun's view. Dahyun looked at the bottle, then looked up. Chaeyoung is in front of her, still wearing a school uniform.

"Looks like Sunbae didn't get a chance to drink." Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun's dull face and dry lips.

Dahyun accepted the bottle, then smiled weakly. "Thanks."

Still while staring at Dahyun, Chaeyoung sat beside her. At present, they were in a hospital park. Earlier, when Chaeyoung was going to visit Sana, she saw Dahyun here, staring pensively at the fountain in the middle of the park.

"Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked worriedly.

Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung, then smiled. "I'm good. Don't worry."

After saying that, Dahyun looked back blankly at the dancing fountain. Chaeyoung's heart ached when she saw it. All these events made her realize that so far Dahyun had to bear a very heavy burden alone. Now that Chaeyoung knows, she wants Dahyun to share the burden with her. However, Chaeyoung doesn't know where to start.

"Sana and I were both born in this hospital." Dahyun sudde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter