Twenty One

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Because you meant everything to me, I refrain from holding you back, So as not to be a burden to you. [Loveholic―If Only I Have You]

 

The first day of the national exam, all final-year students are absurdly busy. Some mouths memorized the contents of the book while others chanted prayers. Only Tzuyu seemed calm on her desk, sharpening her pencil.

Even though she looked calm from the outside, Tzuyu was actually a little nervous. Although she was sure that her efforts would bear sweet fruit, this time she struggled not only for herself. She fought for Sana, who had high hopes for her even though Sana might not remember. She is here now with determination like this, at the expense of a Sana. She will not let her be disappointed.

Her memory then flew on what happened a week ago. After returning from the hospital, Tzuyu immediately entered the room and cried all out. What Kazuo said really made her realize. This was an opportunity for Sana to start a new life, where there was no jerk like Tzuyu in it. Sana doesn't fall in love, so she won't be hurt. She may not laugh, but also will not cry.

Tzuyu bears this entire burden alone. She would let Sana not remember about them. What Tzuyu has to do now is continue her life and return to her goals. She will be the one who can stand in front of Sana proudly.

Two teachers who entered the classroom made Tzuyu aware. One of the pencils is now almost gone with no trace. Tzuyu took a deep breath, and then sighed.

Three years of high school is for now.

===

"Congratulation Unnie for finishing the national exam."

Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung who came with warm milk, then smiled. "Thanks."

While staring at Tzuyu sipping her homemade milk, Chaeyoung watched her. For the past few weeks, she had not mentioned Sana at all. She was afraid that it would make Tzuyu lose focus on the national exam.

"Unnie, I heard that Sana is starting to walk."

Tzuyu almost choked when she heard the name, but immediately acted calm. "Oh yeah? Thank God."

"You don't want to visit her again?" Chaeyoung asked. The last time Tzuyu visited Sana, her sister returned home in a chaotic state. Chaeyoung knew she cried all night, then ended up studying until morning. After that, Tzuyu became more active than before. Not a second of time is wasted by not holding a book.

"Sana might not remember the old you," Chaeyoung said again. "But she already knows you now. Maybe she will be happy if you talk about school and national exams."

Tzuyu stared blankly at the glass in her hand. She had made a promise to Kazuo not to see Sana again. Besides, she wasn't sure if Sana wanted to see her again. Maybe Sana felt uncomfortable around a stranger like her.

'Stranger'. Tzuyu's heart suddenly felt painful.

"What about you?" Tzuyu changed the topic. "Are you still in touch with Dahyun?"

Chaeyoung was immediately uncomfortable. "I ... just called her once this morning."

Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung inquired.

"I'm was just asking about Sanaa," Chaeyoung said. "I swear."

Tzuyu sighed, then leaned back. Even though she and Chaeyoung already knew about Sana and Dahyun, they still didn't have a chance. Sana and Dahyun cannot be separated. If she want to be with Dahyun, then Chaeyoung must accept Sana. That means there are no dates together. If anything, Chaeyoung must accept if Dahyun gets a call from Sana. Until whenever Chaeyoung will never be a priority for Dahyun.

"You know how they are, right?" Tzuyu asked. "You accept it?"

"I ..." Chaeyoung bit her lip. "I know it must be hard. But I'll try."

When she saw Dahyun yesterday, Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter