Twelve

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Broken up, deep inside,

But you won't get to see the tears I cry

behind these hazel eyes

[Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes]

 

Seoul Girls' High School was in a state of excitement. After what happened on the archery field the other day, gossip spread quickly. Everyone was busy talking about Dahyun who had been dating Chaeyoung, and Sana who had already been with Tzuyu.

 

Instead of feeling disturbed, Dahyun and Sana instead enjoyed these moments. If they usually go to school feeling almost flat, now smiles always develop on their faces. Even though their smile wasn’t for their friends in school, they seem to be more friendly and down to earth.

 

"Mo-morning Sana."

 

A twelfth grader whom Sana had never seen before, greeted her when she was about to enter class.

 

Sana smiled sweetly back. "Good morning."

 

Nayeon, the girl, immediately felt her knees limp. During the time she admired Sana, but the rules of princess and Dahyun who were always beside her always made her dare not even to say hello.

 

Sana herself had entered the class with light steps, immediately approached Tzuyu who was as usual, busy with her book.

 

"Good morning." Sana greeted Tzuyu who immediately looked up. The next second, Tzuyu flicked her tongue.

 

"Why are you using that again?" Tzuyu muttered as she saw Sana who was wearing her old jacket again.

 

"Let it be." Sana stuck out her tongue. "What book are you reading?"

 

Tzuyu sighed, unable to stop the girl from doing what she wanted. "Biology. You know that if we open all the DNA in our cells, we can get to the moon six thousand times?"

 

Sana gaped. "Really?"

 

Tzuyu nodded, gladly because the trivia managed to impress Sana again. The DNA book she read last night was useful.

 

"DNA is a kind of blueprint from the lives of all organisms. All ..."

 

A few meters away, Dahyun watched Tzuyu who was absorbed in explaining DNA to Sana who seemed interested. During this time, Sana was never interested in studying. Apparently, in this case Dahyun must thank Tzuyu.

 

Dahyun sighed, then looked out the window. Last night, Dahyun was busy thinking in her room. Was her decision right to let Sana date Tzuyu? And, herself with Chaeyoung? However, the more she thought, the more she wanted to be selfish. She wanted to care less. Seventeen years have been spent with responsibilities that do not involve love. She likes Sana, but never as a woman.

 

The woman who was Dahyun thinking about was now passing in front of her class. Dahyun's blood rustled when he saw Chaeyoung chatting with her friend while carrying a hand protector. After winning the competition, the girl continued to practice in the morning before entering school. It's an exception.

 

Accidentally, Chaeyoung caught Dahyun's stare. Dahyun immediately gave a smile, which was responded awkwardly. The next moment, the girl hit Leeteuk who was somehow in front of her.

 

"Ouch," Dahyun murmured, sure Chaeyoung was feeling dizzy because she had hit Leeteuk's body.

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim." Chaeyoung her forehead while her friends chuckled. Chaeyoung glanced at Dahyun who was grinning amused, then immediately pulled her friend's hand and trotted away.

 

Leetuk has now turned his head from the classroom door. "Until when will you be here? Change clothes immediately!"

 

The students immediately grabbed their sports uniforms, then ran to the locker room. Usually Leeteuk never picks them up. This means he’s in a bad mood, and no one wants to make him even more angry.

 

Tzuyu took the sports uniform from the bag, then got up and looked at Sana. "You don't take sports lessons again?"

 

Sana opened , then glanced at Dahyun who was still in the classroom. Dahyun shook her head unobtrusively, but immediately stepped out as Tzuyu looked at her sharply.

 

"Do you need her permission to do sport?" Tzuyu now looked at Sana who looked guilty.

 

"I ..." Sana's words stopped in .

 

Tzuyu nodded, then galloped out of the classroom without saying much more. From the beginning, Tzuyu knew that this was not easy. However, she will look for a solution.

 

Sana just had to lean on her, not someone else.

 

===

 

Class 12C students have finished changing their clothes and were now walking while chatting towards the field. Dahyun just entered class when she didn't see Sana anywhere. Amazed, Dahyun looked out. Sana was also invisible among the crowd.

 

Next thing, Tzuyu entered the class, just finished changing her clothes. Dahyun immediately restrained her.

 

"Do you know where Sana is?" Dahyun asked.

 

Tzuyu shook her head, making Dahyun start panicking. She hurriedly put the uniform on the table, intending to find Sana. However, Tzuyu confronted her.

 

"You know? You don't make sense sometimes."

 

Dahyun looked at Tzuyu confused. "I have no time. I have to find Sa―"

 

"She's grown up, she is seventeen years," Tzuyu cut sharply. "I'm sure you already know that she's my girlfriend now. Does it make sense that you still behave like this?"

 

"The problem―"

 

"Eh, why are you still here?"

 

Sana's voice cut Dahyun's words. Dahyun and Tzuyu turned their heads together to Sana who had changed the sports uniform that looked new. She just bought it.

 

"Sana ... You ..." Dahyun immediately lost words.

 

"I want to try sports." Sana said with sparkling eyes, hoping Tzuyu would be proud of her.

 

"YOU CAN’T!" Dahyun replied, making Tzuyu immediately look at her sharply. "Tzu, you must know, Sana can't―"

 

"Dahyun-ah!" this time, Sana cut her, like reminding Dahyun. "Just this once."

 

Still stubborn, Dahyun shook her head. She was about to forbid her when Tzuyu pulled Sana away. Dahyun immediately followed them cautiously. Sana can't do any sports other than swimming. Dahyun will do anything to prevent it.

 

The field was filled with students who were in line. When they saw Sana in their PE uniforms, they simultaneously gaped, including Leeteuk.

 

"Are you sure, Sana?" Leeteuk asked, just convinci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter