Twenty Two

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Don't forget to vote :)

 

Why did I end up falling for you?

No matter how much time has passed.

I thought that you’d always be here.

But you have chosen a different road.

[Tohosinki – Why did I end up falling for you]

 

Chaeyoung looked at the messy cabbage on the cutting board. Today, she intended to make chicken soup, but her tangled mind made her cut the cabbage wrong.

Chaeyoung put down the knife, then sighed. Seeing chopped cabbage like this made her remember Dahyun when she first came to her house. At that time, Dahyun looked like most rich teenagers who didn't have any problems. Within a few months, everyone changed. Everything becomes mature.

Maybe, only Chaeyoung hasn't grown up yet. Yesterday while intending to visit Sana, she accidentally saw Dahyun and Sana hugging while crying. The sight was so suffocating for her, making her rethink her decision. She could not be seconded. Her heart was too sick to see Dahyun and Sana together. Like, she wasn't in the same world as those two people. She will never be able to enter that world forever.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Chaeyoung woke up from her reverie, then immediately walked to the door and opened it. Chaeyoung's mouth fell open when she saw who was now standing in front of the door.

"Hi, Chaeng," said Dahyun, smiling broadly. It's been too long Chaeyoung didn't see that smile.

"Sunbae?" Chaeyoung was immediately confused. "Why. . .?"

"Can I come in?" Dahyun asked, making Chayeoung immediately nodded and invited her in.

"Sunbae ... what do you want to drink? Is tea okay for you?"

Without waiting for Dahyun's answer, Chaeyoung hurriedly walked into the kitchen, without really intending to make her a drink. After what she saw yesterday, she didn't know what to do in front of Dahyun.

With her head full of what words she had to say to Dahyun, Chaeyoung took a glass and began to pour the ginger powder. In the past, when she gave Dahyun this drink, Dahyun loved it. Actually, yesterday Chaeyoung also brought Dahyun this ginger drink in a flask, but she didn't give it away and just put it on the seat in front of Sana's room.

The flask suddenly appeared on Chaeyoung's side table. Chaeyoung looked at the flask in surprise, but before she could ask a question, Dahyun's hand hugged her from behind. Suddenly, Chaeyoung had difficulty breathing.

"Sorry, Chaeng, because all this time I've been treating you badly."

Chaeyoung can't say anything. Her heartbeat was accelerating like crazy so it made her chest thump.

"Now, you don't have to worry about anything anymore." Dahyun tightened her embrace. "The only person I will look after now is you."

"What about Sana ...?" Chaeyoung asked confused.

"Sana ... have let me go," Dahyun answered, making Chaeyoung's eyes widen. "She’s gonna move to America with her father, where she could live more comfortably than here. There, she doesn’t need me."

Chaeyoung turned around, then looked at Dahyun in disbelief. "Are you ... serious?"

Dahyun nodded. "Now, I won't leave suddenly anymore. My time is all for you."

Instead of being happy, Chaeyoung was worried. "Are you okay with this?"

"I was doubtful, Chaeng. I don't want to feel happy alone. Comfortable on my own. But, now that I think about it, I'm sure this is the best for me and Sana." Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung. "Also for us."

For a few moments, Chaeyoung just stared at Dahyun, searching for the truth through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter