Twenty Three - End

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I only knew how to reach you.

I’d grab our hand and take you where you belong.

Here inside my arms.

[David Choi – Something to Believe]

 

“That’s it for today. I’ll see you again tomorrow.”

Columbia University students majoring in computer science immediately rose as soon as Professor Clark closed the class today. Tzuyu herself immediately cleared the book, then followed the old man.

"Professor," called Tzuyu, succeeding in making Professor Clark turn his head. "About the scholarship ..."

"You're going to get it. I've written the recommendations." Professor Clark tapped Tzuyu's shoulder, the corner of his wrinkled lips pulled up. "You deserve it."

Tzuyu's eyes immediately widened. "Thank you, Professor! I really do!"

Professor Clark waved, then returned slowly among the students. Tzuyu stared at his back until it disappeared behind the corridor, then heaved a sigh of relief.

After nearly a year following the student exchange program, Tzuyu finally found a clear path for her future. Professor Clark personally wrote a letter of recommendation for her master's scholarship program later at this university.

Three years ago, when Tzuyu entered her dream university, she learned that the donor who had gotten her back in the scholarship was Kazuo. From Dahyun, Tzuyu also knew that Sana specifically asked her father to give the scholarship after she was awakened from the coma.

From there, Tzuyu had a new determination. She is planning her future back. She will make sure to enter the student exchange program to America, and while here, she will do everything in her power to find scholarships for her master's program. And today, she is getting closer to the future she wants.

Her prayers and efforts have slowly been coming true. Even in Columbia University's class, Tzuyu became a bright student. She became the favorite of professors after breaking the code given by Professor Clark - the Artificial Intelligence expert - in the first month of her student exchange program.

"Tzu!"

Tzuyu turned around, then found Momo, her roommate, who was walking toward her while carrying a sports bag. The dance department she is currently working in makes her appearance look very different from Tzuyu's.

"Finally girl, long weekend! What are you up to?" She asked. "I heard Jihyo is having a party. . . "

"Sorry, I've got a date," Tzuyu interrupted, making Momo glare.

"You've got WHAT? With who?" she exclaimed, feeling betrayed. During this time, Tzuyu was never seen with anyone. She was always in her room, fiddling with the computer with thick books scattered on the table. She never wanted to be invited out even just to watch a baseball game.

Tzuyu didn't answer that question. She just smiled, her head filled with the Thanksgiving holiday she had made months ago.

One more step towards her perfect future.

===

Tzuyu looked at the minimalist glass-walled building that read Parsons the New School for Design. Finally, she managed to muster up the courage to come here, to the place where the person she loved was.

Tzuyu watched as young New Yorkers who seemed preoccupied with chatting in front of the campus. They are very stylish like they are ready to become candidates for Versace and their friends.

After taking a deep breath, Tzuyu stepped into the campus and looked around. Inside the campus which is neatly arranged and minimalist, there are apparently more students pacing around while carrying clothes and materials. Some of them look panicked, others look ambitious. On the other side, Tzuyu saw several students who looked relaxed, sitting on a round sofa near the window. How Tzuyu wanted to see Sana among the relaxed students, couldn’t imagine her running around carrying a heavy roll of cloth and having to cut it herself.

However, Tzuyu understands, that this school is one of the best fashion schools in America. From what she heard, studying at Parsons was about intense competition for the best performance. The students used to forget about parties, sleeping and even eating. Tzuyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter