Two

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mistakes don’t mean a thing, if you don’t regret them.

[Silverchair – The Greatest View]
 

“Oh, Dahyun. Have you had your breakfast?”
 

Dahyun lifted her head and saw Minatozaki Kazuo, Sana’s dad, down the stairs. Middle forties man looks brave like usual even though white hair can be seen. His smartness and his ability making he looks like 10 years older, but Dahyun still idolized him. Only him that can call her name with less awkward.
 

“Not yet, uncle.” She smiled shyly. Both of her parents are doing business journey to Madagascar, and she doesn’t like having breakfast alone on the table which longer than table tennis.
 

Kazuo smiled to her, “Let’s have breakfast together.”
 

Dahyun nodded her head, and then took a seat beside Kazuo. Dahyun always likes having breakfast with Minatozaki family because her own family never gathered. Ever since she was little, Dahyun always is here. Kazuo is like her father.
 

“How’s the new school year?” Kazuo started the talk while the maids prepared sandwich. “Nothing happen with Sana at new school?”
 

“No, uncle. Everything is under control.” Dahyun pushed the glass and the maid immediately fills the glass with fresh milk. Dahyun remembers something. “But. . .”
 

Kazuo was about to bite his sandwich, “But?”
 

“Ah, nothing uncle. There is a student in our class, her name is Tzuyu. She. . . comes from poor family.”
 

Kazuo nodded as he listened to Dahyun’s report. Dahyun herself is really get used about this reporting thingy. Moreover it’s like a must to Dahyun for her seventeen years life.
 

“Oh really? You both in the same class with her?” he looked thinking, he put back his sandwich to the plate. He remembered that the school has few poor people. “Lilly didn’t say anything.”
 

Lilly is the headmaster of Seoul Girls’ High School and also his best friend. When Sana whined to be in the formal school, Kazuo refused it, but at the end he accepted it. Beside the school can take a look of Sana, it also close with their home.

 

“Morning.” Sana’s voice echoed. The girl walked down from the stairs with her bright face, her bag held by the maid.
 

Sana kissed Kazuo’s cheek, and then she sat in front of Dahyun. “Morning, Dahyun.”
 

“Morning,” Dahyun replied, happy to see Sana started her day as happy as this. Hannah Montana that she watched last night really affected to her.
 

“What you guys talking?” Sana asked. A maid spooned baby porridge—Sana’s favorite breakfast—to her bowl. Because they didn’t answer it, Sana glared at her dad and Dahyun. “Did you guys talk about me?”
 

Kazuo smiled. “Of course. A pretty lady like you, it’s a waste to not talking about it.”
 

Sana’s lips pouted while Dahyun just giggled as she listened Sana’s dad joke. Sana ate her porridge happily.
 

“Dahyun, we have sport today, right?” asked Sana, making Dahyun nodded. “Hmm. . . it means that I have to bring iPad to class. No senior, so they won’t take it.”
 

“If something happen at school, just tell me, honey.” Kazuo said while he looked at his daughter busy eating her porridge.
 

Sana nods. “Dad, don’t worry. Beside, even though I don’t tell you. Dahyun will report it, right?”
 

Dahyun grinned at what Sana said, then eating her sandwich too.
 

---
 

“It seems like... yesterday you were too hard with Tzuyu.” Dahyun looked to the front, to the road. Now, they’re on their way to school. “Yesterday, you looked down at her,” she continued.
 

“Look down?” repeated Sana. “In which part?”
 

Dahyun glanced at Sana, but she looked clueless like usual. “Poor people?”
 

“That’s a fact,” Sana said monotonously.

 

“Fact is . . . sometimes hurt for some people.” Dahyun said as she stepped on the gas slowly. “Not all the fact should be sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter