Five

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You came along just like a song, and brighten my day.

[Barry Manillow – Can’t Smile without You]

 

Sana looked at the sprout that grew ten centimeters. This was the fourth day, and those sprouts grew really well. Sana was in awe looking at it. In fact she wasn’t the one who planted it.

 

“Come on, grow faster,” she hummed full of hope. She then caressed the other vase. “You too guys!”

 

From behind, Dahyun looked at her with smiled on her face. For these few days, Sana was beyond happy. Planted green bean and saw it grew really became a new experience to her. All this time, she never paid attention to any experiments and gave it to Dahyun, mainly when they had to cut a fish and a frog.

 

“Dahyun, where’s yours?” asked Sana, brought Dahyun back to the reality.

 

“Near the class,” answered Dahyun while smiled to some juniors that just passed by.

 

They were in the garden in front of the library, a place where Tzuyu decided to put the vases. Sana haven’t been here before, so she felt kinda fascinated when she saw school garden which full of pharmacy plants and some species of birds.

 

Sana hooked her hand around Dahyun’s arm. “Let’s take a look yours.”

 

Dahyun nodded, and then started to walk with Sana. They had just walked few meters, Tzuyu came from other corridor. Her eyes looked at Dahyun and Sana with full of hate. Dahyun hated her too since the incident in the lab few days ago. Dahyun didn’t like the way she flicked Sana’s forehead, like she was saying that Sana is dumb. Sana might not realize it; but Dahyun won’t ever tell her.

 

Sana more interested with the book held by Tzuyu. “Ten centimeters!” She exclaimed, made Tzuyu and Dahyun frowned together. Sana pointed to Tzuyu’s book. “You wanna write the growth, aren’t you? I just looked it, 10 centimeters!”

 

Tzuyu looked at her in doubt. “Thanks. But I want to measure it by myself.”

 

Dahyun quickly held Tzuyu who was about to walk pass them. “Didn’t you hear? She measured it. Is it necessary to count it again by yourself?”

 

While sighed, Tzuyu looked at Sana who seemed confused. “I don’t see her bring any ruler. I want exact size.”

 

After she pushed away Dahyun’s hand, Tzuyu continued walking to the sprout vases. Dahyun looked at her resentfully, forgot that Sana was beside her.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Dahyun, afraid that her heart might hurt because of what Tzuyu has said.

 

“I’m okay. Yesterday she said, I can’t interfere this experiment. It was my fault,” she said, not offended at all. “Let’s look your sprouts!”

 

Dahyun nodded.

 

===

 

Sana looked at her truffle skirt sketch in her book, and then smiled in content. In her spare time, only three things that she liked to do: watching Disney channel, playing games and making clothes designs. Sana grew by watching her mom designing clothes. When she was seven, Sana could imitate her mom’s design. Now, when her mom passed away, Sana only made designs that pass through her mind at the time, even though not as glamour and as unique as her mom’s art, Sana had praised by her mom’s friend who also a famous designer—Julia Wong. According to Julia, Sana designs were fresh and she was like a diamond which still uncut. Julia said too, Sana could be greater than her mom if she wants.

 

However, Sana didn’t believe. For her, her mom, Okuhara, is the best designer who can never be beaten by anyone. Beside her worldwide masterpiece, she was a woman with warm personalities which made her admired by everyone. Her business ability is beyond imagination. Sana wasn’t has the gut to even compare herself to her mom.

 

Unknowingly, Sana rubbed because she felt thirsty. She forgot to bring her tumbler. Usually, Dahyun will take it for her, but few minutes ago, Dahyun ran to the toilet and hasn’t back yet. Sana closed her sketch book and got up, intended to get it by herself at class.

 

Sana looked envy to those kids. Sometimes, she really wanted to play as free as them without even afraid of getting hurt. But, she knows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter