Six

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I looked up, radiance filled the sky, without fading. If only we could have been like the sun, shining all the time.

[L’arc~en~Ciel—Hitomi no Jyuunin]

 

Sana fastened her step to the class. Today the sun shone brightly, as bright as her feeling. Meanwhile, Dahyun looked at her worriedly from behind. Usually, Sana never walked in front of her like this. She looked like having a fast runner competition.

 

“Don’t rush, Sana. You gonna get tired,” Dahyun reminded her while widened her steps.

 

It looked like, Sana didn’t hear it because she made it faster and widened their distance until two meters away. Dahyun shook her head, then ran and caught her arm, stopped her from something that might harm her.

 

Sana turned her head, and then looked at Dahyun who held her arm.

 

“Don’t walk too quickly,” Dahyun scolded softly.

 

“Oh, am I too quick?” Sana asked, didn’t realized that she did that. Thing that she knew is she really impatient to meet someone.

 

Dahyun let go off Sana’s arm, then walked again while glanced at her once or twice, perhaps that she might walk in rush again. Dahyun was really aware about the reason of why Sana did that.

 

Dahyun was about to hold the knob of the class door, but Sana already opened it and entered first. She walked surely to her seat. Like usual, Tzuyu was calm in her seat, reading a book.

 

Sana stopped her step in front of Tzuyu’s table, and then looked at her. If before she only looked at Tzuyu’s clothes and her shabby backpack, this time Sana’s eyes scanned through her thick hair and her white skin, but not as white as her.

 

Tzuyu’s eyes caught Sana’s white shoes beside her table. She looked up, and frowned when she found Sana stood in front of her. Before, Sana ever looked at her like this, but not with that smile. Tzuyu realized that that girl has a beautiful eye-smile. Like she wasn’t pretty enough.

 

“What are you looking at?” Tzuyu opened , she felt sultry when Sana looked at her like that. Around them, other students already whispered something about it.

 

“Good morning,” Sana greeted her sweetly, too sweet until made Tzuyu’s mouth—and others too—opened widely.

 

For a moment, Tzuyu just blankly looked at her without blinking. Sana looked at her with a smile, waiting for Tzuyu’s response when Tzuyu could hear nervous voice came from . “Morning. . .”

 

Perhaps Tzuyu hallucinated, but she felt like she saw pink shades on Sana’s cheeks before she put down her bag and sat on her chair. Suddenly, Tzuyu felt like an ice mountain which shot by the laser gun. Melting right away just by a simple smile and ‘good morning’ greeting.

 

Meanwhile, Sana tried to control her feelings. She still has no idea why she could be that happy to see Tzuyu after yesterday incident. Her heart felt warm when she saw her.

 

It feels like she was looking at the sun.

 

===

 

Sana looked at the sprout that grew well at the seventh day. It twelve centimeters long, and this time Sana brought her ruler so she sure of it. Sana was about to write down when she saw Tzuyu was walking on the corridor in front of the library. She thought Tzuyu would come to see the sprout Sana got up and waved her hand. But, she didn’t see it, instead she just walked inside the library.

 

“Hmm?” Sana hummed confusedly. During break time she rarely saw Tzuyu in the class, basketball field, or even canteen. It turns out, all this time, if she’s unseen, Tzuyu was in the library. She should know that.

 

Dahyun was busy playing with the parrot in the cage, stared at Sana confusedly. “Why, Sana?”

 

Sana looked at the library door. “Dahyun, I’m gonna go to the library.”

 

“Huh? What you gonna do there?” asked Dahyun. For all her life, they never stepped there. Beside they’re not familiar with reading books, both of them have dust allergy.

 

Sana turned her head, and then smiled in sparkle. “I want to read!”

 

Before Dahyun could prevent her, Sana already walked on the small path to the library. Dahyun sighed, and then followed her quietly, she somehow knew Sana’s reason, but she didn’t do anything further to stop her.

 

Sana pushed the heavy library door because it made from sturdy teak wood, then peek her head and gaped when she saw the inside. Besides having high ceiling, the library was really wide with big windows. The sunlight came through the leaves, brightened the reading tables that spread in all over the place and the tidy book racks. Sana just knew that her school has thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter