Eleven

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain has stopped, an arch hangs in the sky.

You and I are connected by a rainbow.

[Orange Range - Bond Between Us]

 

Sanaa jogged following Tzuyu's big steps. It's currently at break time, and as usual they were in the library. It's been a few minutes, Tzuyu avoided Sana by walking around, looking for books. However, Sana seemed to insist on following her.

 

Tzuyu stopped suddenly, making Sana bumped into her back slowly. Tzuyu then turned around. "What do you want?"

 

"I want to talk," Sana answered, making Tzuyu sigh.

 

"You don't know what you said yesterday."

 

"I know." Sana looked stubborn. "I said, I like you."

 

"Shhhh!" Tzuyu hissed immediately. She turned around, but the library looked as quiet as usual. "What is wrong with you?"

 

"What’s wrong with you?" Sana pouted. "Why do you stay away?"

 

Since returning home to study together last night, Tzuyu always avoids Sana. This morning when Sana greeted her, Tzuyu didn’t answer. When practicing biology, she was only busy working and told Sana to sit still. When the resting bell rang, Tzuyu didn’t wait for her and immediately shot out of the classroom.

 

Tzuyu her lips. "Listen. You and I won't match."

 

Sana looked at Tzuyu cluelessly. "What do you mean?"

 

"You and me. Water and fire. Heaven and earth. Understand?"

 

For a while, Sana could only stare at Tzuyu. Tzuyu herself had turned around, trying to leave. As long as her conversation with Sanaa didn’t engage in that direction, she could still be nearby her. However, from this morning, the girl had terrorized her through gaze, asking for an answer to her love confession yesterday. And now, Tzuyu has made it clear. If Tzuyu was lucky, Sana could cancel the their study group program which she has planned unilaterally later this afternoon.

 

"Are we so different?" Sana asked, stopping Tzuyu's steps.

 

Tzuyu turned around, then stared at Sana who was still standing on her spot.

 

"Are we so different?" Sana repeated, her eyes staring at Tzuyu sadly. "After all we won't be able to unite, do we?"

 

Tzuyu nodded. "Yes."

 

"Who said that? Your brain or your heart?"

 

Tzuyu's eyes widened when she heard Sana's question. Previously Sana had never asked questions like this. The Sana she knows is Sana whose thinking is simple, tends to be stupid and never complicated.

 

"I ..." Tzuyu gulped. "I have to focus on my studies. I don't have time to date."

 

Sana just stared at Tzuyu blankly. Tzuyu remembered the study with her last night and all Dahyun's special treatment to Saaa. Just seeing it made Tzuyu feel sick. Tzuyu doesn't want to date someone who has been protected by someone else.

 

Tzuyu wanted to immediately finish this conversation. "Even if I want to date, I want to be with independent girl. Those who are not spoiled like you."

 

Sana blinked, lost words.

 

"I'm studying hard to get a scholarship. I can't continue to take care of you, you understand, right?"

 

Sana bit her lip, holding back tears. Tzuyu knew she was too much, but she had to do it. She couldn’t continue to be carried away by the atmosphere. There were things that make her unable to date Sana.

 

"I ... understand," Sana muttered softly. "If that's the reason, I understand."

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana who wanted to cry. "Sorry, Sana ..."

 

Sana immediately shook her head. "Not your fault."

 

All of this was not Tzuyu's fault. Sana is too weak. Sana is too spoiled. Sana is not like most others. However, no matter how hard she tried, she will not be able to change. If that was the reason why Tzuyu couldn’t accept her love, Sana couldn’t do anything.

 

Although Sana tried earnestly, but her tears dripped too. Sana immediately wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

 

"This ... the second time I cried." Sana forced a smile between tears flowing. "The first one when my beloved dog died."

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana concerned, not knowing how to deal the situation.

 

"Since that time, I can't have a pet anymore," continued Sana. "Maybe now ... I can't love anyone else anymore."

 

"You already have Dahyun. Why should I?"

 

"Me and Dahyun ... our relationship isn't like that."

 

"If it's not like that, what is it like?" Tzuyu replied almost immediately. "You are together every day; she always forbids you this-that, she determines what is best for you. What is she doing then?"

 

Sana looked down, not knowing how to explain. Her relationship and Dahyun were too complicated so she didn't know where to start.

 

Sighing, Tzuyu looked at Sana. "If I date you, will she leave?"

 

After a moment of silence, Sana shook her head slowly. Tzuyu snorted, couldn't think of all this.

 

"Do you think this makes sense?" Tzuyu asked Sana only to her to shake her head again. "What do you want me to do?"

 

"You have to trust me." Sana looked at Tzuyu begging. "I just love you."

 

For a while, Tzuyu looked at Sana's eyes which were still glistened in tears. Tzuyu still didn't know what happened. Actually, what is the relationship between Sana and Dahyun so they cannot separate even though they don't like each other?

 

But at this point, Tzuyu seemed to try not to care. Sana has expressed love for her. That should be important. She shouldn’t care about Dahyun. She can also protect Sana in her own way.

 

"Ah." Sana suddenly realized something. "You're studying. I'm still talking about this."

 

During this time, Sana didn’t know Tzuyu was studying seriously for her scholarship. Now that she knew, Sana really felt selfish because she still asked her to teach many unimportant things and burden her with her feelings.

 

"Have I been bothering all this time?" Sana looked at Tzuyu feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, I'm not aware. I'm stupid."

 

Sana will only knock on her own head when Tzuyu's hand stops him.

 

"You don't bother me," Tzuyu said softly, still holding Sana's trembling hand.

 

"If ... I keep coming here, it won’t be a problem right?" Sana asked. "I will sit far away. I will not bother. I will not ask questions again. May I?"

 

For some reason, Tzuyu's heart hurt to hear Sana's words.

 

"You don't have to care about me anymore. You focus on the lesson." Sana tried to smile with her lips trembling. "I love you from afar. Then, can I?"

 

Tzuyu looked at Sana sadly. Maybe God is adding her test in the form of this beautiful creature in front of her. Although not sure how, Tzuyu was sure she could pass it, like she had passed other tests.

 

"Minatozaki Sana," Tzuyu muttered. "How can I not care anymore?"

 

Sana stared at Tzuyu in confusion, however, Tzuyu smiled, wiping tears on her cheeks gently.

 

"If you used to cry for the first time, this is the last one. Do you promise?"

 

While holding back tears, Sana nodded. However, along with her nod, her tears spilled unbearably. For the first time, Sana felt truly suffocating happiness. She just found out that being too happy can also make her cry.

 

Tzuyu ruffled Sana's hair full of love. She didn’t know what the decision was, but now, this was what she wanted to do. She didn’t want to see Sana sitting in the distance. She didn’t want to not tell the ancient times to Sana. She was not willing.

 

To be honest, Sana made her smile between study fatigues. Only by seeing it, Tzuyu felt a new energy. She became motivated to show better so that Sana could be amazed. Every night, Tzuyu read more new books to get more knowledge to share with Sana.

 

Tzuyu knew her own feelings. So, she hoped she made the right decision.

===

Dahyun stepped out of the car, and then looked around. The sports complex looked crowded on Saturday afternoon. In the distance, Dahyun saw the archery field which had been crowded by participants. Dahyun speeded up, afraid to be late.

 

Once she got a seat, Dahyun immediately looked for Chaeyoung's figure. Not long after, she found her, chatting with a coach from their school. The girl looked dashing with all the hand protectors and hats she wore.

 

Seeing the figure, the corner of Dahyun's lips pulled up. Contrary to one hundred and eighty degrees with Sana, Chaeyoung was like a female knight. Elegant, independent, also full of charisma.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter