Eight

Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If you walk out on me, I’m walking after you.

[Foo Fighters—Walking after You]

 

Tzuyu was reading about the Korean War on her History text book when her class became fuss. Because she was too accustomed with it—a sign that Sana and Dahyun came already—so Tzuyu kept concentrate with her book. She wanted to know the way this book explained the chaos era that time.

 

The fuss usually last for one or two minutes, but this time, almost five minutes and the students still whispered. Tzuyu pressed her ears that felt tickles by the buzz sound that came from the students.

 

Right at that time, Tzuyu found a pair of white shoes that she knew it well stood beside her table. Tzuyu looked up. Sana was standing there, looked so upset with both of her hands on her chest. Tzuyu stared at her confused. What’s with her, this early in the morning?

 

“Why?” Sana opened , asking the point that Tzuyu wanna asked. “Why do you keep avoiding me?”

 

Tzuyu bemused. “Ha?”

 

“Yesterday on the library, you left me. After school, you didn’t want me to send you home. Why?” Sana asked, made Tzuyu lost her words.

 

Tzuyu gulped, then turned to look around her. The students already looked at them in disbelief, some of them looked at Dahyun sympathetically. Tzuyu didn’t know what to do about Sana’s bluntness.

 

Tzuyu opened even though she wasn’t sure what she gonna said. “I. . .”

 

“Normally, you would feel happy to ride a luxurious car, right?” asked Sana. “Why did you refuse it?”

 

“Sana.” Dahyun scolded her, but it was too late. Tzuyu heard it already.

 

Tzuyu was really impressed with Sana’s talent. That girl easily took her feeling fly to cloud nine and easily flew her blood to her head. Tzuyu looked at Sana with her burned eyes. That girl still stubbornly to look upset. What’s her right to look upset?

 

“You really. . .,” Tzuyu murmured furiously.

 

Sana’s hands now down, her stare softened. “I just. . . wanna go home with you. Why can’t I?”

 

Everybody who heard what Sana said gawked, especially Tzuyu and Dahyun. They couldn’t process this, Tzuyu turned to look at Dahyun, asking for explanation. Instead of mad, Dahyun just looked at Tzuyu confused too.

 

“Heeyy what’s the matter? Come on, sit! Didn’t you hear the bell?”

 

Mr. Kim came from the door, curious with the students that still stood and stared at one point in the middle of the class while whispering. Even though he could guess on who the center of the attention was, he still couldn’t think of the over reaction of the students.

 

Sana still refused to take down her stare from Tzuyu before she got a satisfied answer. Tzuyu felt awry, didn’t know what she should answer.

 

“Sana? What’s the matter?” Mr. Kim finally asked, he didn’t want his lesson turn into a drama.

 

Tzuyu saw Mr. Kim that was walking towards them and she looked at Sana that still insisted to be upset. “Okay,” Tzuyu murmured finally, she didn’t want to explain the real matter to her teacher.

 

Sana squinted her eyes. “Okay what?”

 

Tzuyu pissed-off while looked at her for few seconds before she clicked her tongue. “Okay, we’ll go home together.”

 

Sana’s face turned bright as soon as she heard Tzuyu’s answer. When Mr. Kim arrived at their table, she already turned around sat on her chair sweetly. Mr. Kim looked curiously at Sana who smiled, then turned to look at Tzuyu with her sour-faced. Meanwhile, the other students already sat on their own seat, even though they still whispered.

 

Mr. Kim shook his head when he saw his students behavior, then walked to the front class while regretted his decision. He shouldn’t unify those two students in Biology experiment group.

 

The two students were too different to be united.

 

===

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

Sana waved her hand as soon as she saw Chaeyoung walked out from canteen corridor together with Tzuyu who brought the bread basket. Chaeyoung looked so happy when she saw Sana and Dahyun, but not for Tzuyu. After the incident that happened this morning, she became students’ teasing victim. Everyone talked about her, include the students in the library who usually did not up to date with the gossip.

 

“Let’s go home together, with Dahyun’s car,” Sana said.

 

Chaeyoung glanced at Dahyun who was glancing at her, then immediately looked away. “Is it okay, sunbae?”

 

“Of course,” Sana and Dahyun said in unison while Tzuyu was looking at them. Chaeyoung just smiled awkwardly—the question was directed to her sister.

 

Chaeyoung glanced at Tzuyu. “Unnie?”

 

“I want to buy book first,” Tzuyu answered. “You guys go home first.”

 

“Buy book?” Sana repeated. “Where? Let’s go together.”

 

“It’s opposite direction,” Tzuyu cut. “It’s better if you go first.”

 

Tzuyu gave the breadbasket to Chaeyoung then walked away. Sana looked at Dahyun.

 

“Dahyun, I'll come with Tzuyu to buy the book, okay!” Sana shouted, made Tzuyu step stopped. “You send Chaeyoung home. Okay? Okay?”

 

Without thinking so much, Dahyun shook her head. “No, you can’t, Sana.”

 

“We gonna use taxi!” Sana shouted again, seemed hard headed. “It won’t be long.”

 

Dahyun then looked at Tzuyu from head to toe and shook her head again. “You can’t.”

 

“Dahyun, please. . .” Sana begged. “Just this once.”

 

Dahyun sighed, her brain and heart in full war. Sana looked like she really wanted to go home with Tzuyu. But, it seemed like Tzuyu couldn’t take good care of Sana. That girl is too careless to do it.

 

“Umm. . .can I involved in this convo?” Tzuyu suddenly opened , made they stare at her. “Why it should be you to take the decision? I want to buy it alone.”

 

Sana pouted. “You said, we gonna go home together.”

 

“Yes, that’s. . .” Tzuyu became powerless. “But I want to buy book.”

 

“After that you are going home, right?” Sana urged, then looked at Dahyun again with pleaded look. “Okay, Dahyun? Just wait for me at Tzuyu’s house. Hmm? If something happen, I will call you right away.”

 

Tzuyu snorted, again she had to followed whatever the princess wanted. Meanwhile, the knight still looked at her with full of judgement.

 

“Okay.” Dahyun undertook, but she then stared at Tzuyu sharply. “You have to take care of her. After you buy book, you have to go home.”

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes when Sana cheered happily. Too lazy to respond, Tzuyu turned around and started walking. Sana waved her hand to Dahyun and Chaeyoung, and then she tailed Tzuyu.

 

Dahyun looked worriedly at Tzuyu’s and Sana’s back. Whatever it was that made her undertook Sana’s request that full of risk. Tzuyu is a new person, and she didn’t know how to take care of Sana. Nonetheless, let Sana stress because of her un-granted request wasn’t a choice either. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter