TWENTY FIVE . 0.2

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

"Unnie!!"
 

Yeri just finished packed her second bag when Bona, Irene, and Jay entering her room. They didn't even knocking the door first.

 

"Hi!"

 

She missed them too, so she gave them a hug. Everyone looks really worried and awkward when she's done.

 

"I wasn't trying to kill myself."

 

All of them stopped talking and nobody dare to reply her gaze, what she said is quite bothering them. She never thought that the whole thing was bad, but turns out everyone affected quite badly over what was going on, no wonder Jungkook said what he said about everyone is losing hope.

 

"I spent hours to convinced one person over this, i don't have more time to do it again. You need to believe me."

 

"That's good."

 

She knows none of them actually believe her, but they seems respectful to what she said and their expression becoming more relaxed now. Irene is coming to her for another hug.

 

"I'm fine, unnie.."

 

"I know."

 

Irene is having a teary eyes when she finally let Yeri go. It was hard for her, because for the past 6 years she knew Yeri. This woman only ever talked about how much she hates the world she lives in, and to actually see her finally enjoying it, it’s a great sight.

 

"I'm giving you two weeks off. A few deals were cancelled so i need to transfer it to other artists, but there's still a lot who's willing to wait for you."

 

"Thank you. I'll be staying in Jungkook's apartment..."

 

Once again, the talk about Jungkook resulted to a silent awkward for them. Jay is walking closer to her and pat her shoulder lightly.

 

"Did you met his secretary already?"

 

It's quite shocking, what he said. Lea.

 

"No. Why?"

 

"She's an accomplice, your boyfriend knows where you were and how Lee Jihoon involved through her. She is a criminal."


 

"I'll deal with her by myself."
 

 

Jay is definitely aware Yeri is not a good person who will letting go of Lea after what she did, but again, he doesn't want to involve on that matter too much.

 

"Alright, fine. Let's go, Jay will drop you off."

 

"I'll talk to Jungkook before i go, wait for me at the lobby."

 

***

 

Jungkook just barely started his breakfast when Yeri showed up in front of his open door,. she's no longer wearing hospital uniform, it was replaced by a black shirt and a thin cardigan as its outer, she’s also wearing a make up, a total celebrity look.
 

"I'm going home." That's what she said while entering the room and reach for his hand.

 

"I heard."

 

She give him one kiss while taking a glance to his breakfast, a usual, tasteless porridge with a few of sliced fruit.

 

"Is it good?"

 

He takes one spoonful of his breakfast when she asked, he's shaking his head with a smile and Yeri is looking at him with her doe eyes, she totally feels bad about it.

 

"Where are you going to stay?"

 

"Your apartment."

 

Her answer is quite surprising because why would she does at his house when he's not even there. She can easily enjoy her break on her own place or even at her parent's castle.

 

"Why?"

 

"It was empty for almost a week now. Jay and Bona is taking care my place but no one is doing it for yours."

 

"It will be fine."

 

"I want to stay there, doctor said you can get discharged in a week, right? Imagine if you're coming home with a mess and dirty place while having an injury from a broken ribs, must be annoying."

 

Jungkook's expression hardened when she said that and Yeri knows there is something bothering him and it's more than just her staying at his place. He put aside his breakfast and tell her to sit on his bed, he holds her hand and caressing it.

 

"I'm not sure..but i think Jimin hyung and Lea is taking care of it while i'm here."

 

Jungkook is being really careful when he bring Lea to their conversation, he must know what she did to her judging from how hard he's trying to act nothing is wrong from what Lea did to them.

 

"I'll be honest with you, i hate it that you act like Lea has nothing to do with what happened to us."

 

"She came here almost everyday.."

 

"For you!"

 

“Just forget and forgive her, don’t bother with it.”

 

“Excuse me? Are you being serious right now?”

 

Jungkook is totally not amused by the way she talked to him. It was rude, especially given to how he's the one who's still suffered from what was going on. He’s letting go of her hand and taking a deep breath when Yeri decide to takes a few steps back from him. Making a noticeable amount of distance between them.

 

"Fine,  you can deal with her according to how you like it.."

 

"No, that's not what you expect from me. You want me to forgive her.. Why are you trying to makes her looks like she’s a good person when she is actually not?”

 

Jungkook is laughing at her sarcastically while rolling her eyes at her like he just heard something extremely stupid.

 

"I don't give a about Lea's personality at all. It is not about her, does our conversation from last night means anything to you? Or are you just dumb to understand what we talked about?"

 

He is completely angry, and what he said is completely annoying. Last night? What about last night? Lea is not their topic at all.
 

She decide to leave without saying anything more because she already got hurt and doesn't want to feels worse. She’s already reach the door and ready to open it when Jungkook started to chuckling in behind his heavy breath.

 

"This is why we broke up, Kim Yeri, This is why i showed up on your nightmare."

 

"You could have just tell me what's wrong from me. I don't listen to what people said about me, but you know how well i am on listening and trusting everything you said. If i didn't know better, shouldn't you help me to understand instead of calling me dumb? "

 

She left after glancing at Jungkook who's totally immersed with what she said, he looks a little bit guilty and wronged but then she is too annoyed and too tired to talk about this further. No matter how she's trying to see it, the only thing she found was Jungkook who's trying to protect Lea and taking her side instead of defending her. It's not fair.

 


 

Yeri has no other choice but to showed up at Jungkook's place because her mother is waiting for her there. They had plan to do some home chores and help Jungkook with tidying up. That was the plan before her fight with him earlier.

 

"You know his password, right?"

 

"Of course, then why are we here if i didn't know how to get in."

 

Yeri is trying so hard to hide her bad mood in front of Mrs. Kim, and she's particularly good at that.

 

"You must be staying here often."

 

That's the first word she said to Yeri when they finally entering Jungkook's penthouse. She's not responding to it but focusing to look around the place. He is right, Lea is definitely here or Jimin maybe. The place is clean, tidy and doesn't looks like it was untouched for a week.

 

"Do you want to eat something?"

 

"Mom, i'll just stay at my place."

 

"Why?"

 

"It's..quite scary to stay here alone, don't you think so?"

 

Mrs. Kim is looking around the place and Yeri is actually right, the place is bigger than Yeri's and Jungkook doesn't really put color on his interior so it came out as dark and gloomy. So different with what Yeri like.

 

"But you were begging to your dad for staying here yesterday."

 

"That's because i usually here with Jungkook Oppa, and now that i'm alone..it's quite different."

 

"You're right, just stay with me then."

 

"No, i want to stay at my apartment."

 

Mrs. Kim finally can sense something is not right when Yeri talks to her with a teary eyes. She's trying to hide it with her hair but she's still can see it.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

She reach for Yeri's hand and she's not answering her question, she's just staring at the floor while wipe her tears which suddenly came out of nowhere.

 

"Mom, do you really think i could be happy?"

 

"What is it? Why that question so sudden?"

 

"After everything i've done. Do you really think i deserved to be happy?"

 

"And what exactly you've done?"

 

Yeri is pulling her face from her grip and rolling her eyes, she take a sit at the kitchen table chair while playing with her fingers, still looking down.

 

"You deserved it Yeri-ya, even though you've done your part as my fears for years, i never want you to be unhappy..you were lost, but now you're back."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

She lift her face to her again and she give her a smile while ruffling her hair. She looks like a kid again, her daughter from the past.

 

"All those years you were running away from us, god knows what you've done to yourself..all the fears you gave me, maybe pain you gave for others. You can't erase that part of your life, it's happened, it was your journey, a way for you to punish yourself and now you're done with it."

 

"Don't be so sure."

 

"The fact that we're here, i am here talking to you about this, holding your hands and caressing you is prove that you've done with that part of your life,  If you can't still believe it, then the existence of Jungkook in your life is another prove. You've done giving pain to others and to yourself.”

 

"So it's all because of him.."

 

"Is it not?"

 

Yeri close her eyes and she doesn't even understand why she feels so heavy listening to everything her mom said.

 

"It is."

 

She can not lie about this thing to anyone, it's all because of Jungkook, putting aside the fact that he is Sooyoung's brother and part of her past. She does want to have a better life for him, to be happy with him.

 

"I'm sure it's the same for him too."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"After or before Seokjin gone, me and your dad always wanted our children to live a life we designed for them..and believe it or not, with that much greeds from us, we can easily take Jungkook out from your life no matter how you refused to do so. But we didn't."

 

"Well, he did try. Dad kept me away from him for years, he even threatened him to stay away from me..i can't say his greed is gone."

 

Yeri is laughing at her mom because she talked like her dad did something for her when in fact he didn't. He did try to takes Jungkook out of her life since forever.

 

"He can do so much worse than that. You know how he is, no matter what you or Jungkook do, if he wants you to stay away from him, he'll makes it happen. Do you forget about your brother and Sooyoung?"

 

She lost her smile right away, when she realized that her mom was right, Mr. Kim is so powerful and sometimes crazy, he always trying to makes things happens according to his plan. She knows that he is changed when Seokjin is gone from his life, but the possibilities of him to do the exact same thing for Jungkook and her is still there.

 

"Then why?"

 

Mrs. Kim is letting out a heavy sigh because she also feels heavy to talk about this with Yeri. She always wanted to tell her everything but she never had any chance before this.

 

"We always want you back, our daughter to become part of us again and he's the only one who makes it happens..."

 

Having this conversation after a fight with Jungkook is really making her embarrassed, he already did a lot for her but she's still can demanding him for more.

 

"Of course, we will prefer someone else rather than Jeon Soo Young's brother, but we can't always get what we want, right?"

 

"Right."

 

She's smiling when her mom is giving her a little laugh while holding her hands tighter.

 

"We know what you and Jungkook doing for each other, Both of you were probably source of pains for so many people before this, but now to me, you're my happiness. Both of you."

 

"Thank you for saying that."

 


 

"Yeri is not here."

 

Jungkook just finished his 2nd round of treatment of that day when he find Mr. Kim with few of his men is coming to his room. One of them is Mr. Joo, he gave him a smile and he only respond to it with a quick nod.

 

"I know, her doctor said she left this morning."

 

"Then why are you here?"

 

Jungkook is a little bit surprised with how he act to Yeri's dad when he’s technically his boss. He's being completely rude. The fight with Yeri from this morning is definitely one of the reason. His mood is bad all day because of that.

 

"I need to talk about something."

 

"Are you really trying to makes me work at my condition like this?"

 

"It's not about work."

 

Mr. Kim is telling both of his man to out from the room and they listen to him almost immediately, they even close the door for his behalf. He totally looks intimidating like this, so he decide to listen to him while standing up instead of laying down weak at his bed.

 

"Do you want something to drink?"

He's opening a small fridge at the corner of the room. They only have water here.

 

"No, just come here and talk with me, stop treating me like your friend, i'm like 25 years older than you !"

 

He does sounds frustrated and serious when he said that and it makes Jungkook feels guilty and uncomfortable.

 

"Fine. I'm sorry."

 

Mr. Kim is the one who came to him and taking a sit on the couch, Yeri sat here too last night.

 

"Yeri always said that your act is similar with me, and i guess she is not wrong. You look a lot like me, even more than my son."

 

There's an awkward silence between them when Seokjin was brought up to their conversation, Jungkook take his time to drink a bottle of water from the fridge while staring at the window next to him.

 

"It sounds like an insult. Your son is a better person than you, right?"

 

"He was."

 

Mr. Kim can see a smirk on Jungkook's face before he turns to him and taking a sit right in front of him. He lost so much weight compared to when he met him at his family's breakfast fee months ago.

 

"How is your wound?"

 

"It's fine."

 

He watch Jungkook hide his wound with his arms when he asked him about it.

 

"Thank you for saving Yeri's life."

 

"Don't mention it, i'm a good swimmer and i can dive too."

 

"Not that one, but her life, her entire life, everything you did long before that night."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Mr. Kim is looking at Jungkook, and he doesn't know if it's the right thing to do or not.

 

"I know i have no right to talked about how miserable a person's life is when you could probably have it worse after what happened to your sister.."

 

"I'm listening."

 

"My daughter..she was a complete mess. I don't know how much she told you about her life before all of this.."

 

"She told me about trying to kill you."

 

"She ran away from me all the time. Her life when she was young were just having fun, partying with people i don't even know, torturing herself while giving pain to others, I never saw her laugh ever since Seokjin is gone from our life."

 

Jungkook's expression is changing, there's a noticeable amount of uncertainty on his face, he's probably trying to recall his memories if Yeri ever told him what was going on before they met.

 

"There were times when i locked her up on her room for days because i already lost a way to makes her stop, i never said sorry to her for that."

 

It was still like a fresh memories for him, for every nights he waited Yeri to came home, when most of the times she was dragged by few of his staffs while crying.  

 

"She always said that she wanted to die, that she has no reason to live and the only thing holding her was to see me and my wife suffered for the mistake we did to Seokjin and your sister."

 

"She didn't mean it."

 

"I know. Yeri was a bright kid, i always treat her bad since she was young but she never complains. She always waiting for me from my business trip even though the only thing i did was looking for his brother. I was blinded by my greeds, i was obsessed on making my son successful that i completely forget about her."

 

Jungkook is taking another bottle of water for Mr. Kim when his voice is begin to shake. Yeri told him about this already, and he knows that even back then she only did what she did to punished herself, she never meant to hurt her parents at all, but now that he heard Mr. Kim's story he thinks Yeri actually has right to hurt them, judging from how they treat her.

 

"At one point, she's becoming an adult, a grown up and i'm becoming older, she resent me and avoiding me everytime she has a chance until one day i see her smile again..through a bunch of pictures my staff sent me. And you were also there, Mr. Jeon."  

 

"But you knew who i was.."

 

"I knew, but my daughter didn't. She is as pure as an angel, if i see a smile from her like that then it's clear someone finally saved her from her misery."

 

"And you wish i was someone else.."

 

"I did, but actually, right now i'm in a position where i want you to be happy too. You're indeed similar with me, all those selfishness, ambitions, strong wills, but i know you're a better person than me."

 

Jungkook feels like the conversation was ended too quickly, so he grab Mr. Kim's hand when he was going to leave the room. He looked so surprised but not angry.

 

"Why are you telling me this?"

 

"To let you know."

 

"About what?"

 

"I barely give anything to my daughter, and i want to have hope for you to help me,  To teach her things, to showed her life she lost before this. Even though your life was hard..you manage to build your own dream, you have your own goals, your company, your business, friends, colleagues,  but my daughter had nothing."

 

Jungkook thinks what Mr. Kim said is hilarious, Yeri is no different with him, fans, fame, money, beauty, she has it all.

 

"She has everything."

 

" You need to see how much tears and pain you caused her when you were trying to leave. You are her everything."

 

Mr. Kim pat his shoulder and what he said, every single words of it is completely bothering him. It’s because of Yeri and the things she said to him this morning.

 

“ If i didn't know better, shouldn't you help me to understand ?”

 


 

"Are you sure, you're going to be ok?"

 

Yeri already feels better and she spent her day talk to her mom and doing some chores at Jungkook's place just like her plan, and now she decide to stay here, her mom is a bit worried, it's obvious from her expression but Yeri will just stick with her plan, it's probably good for her.

 

"Yes, Bona will be here tomorrow."

 

"Alright, call me if something happened."

 

"I will, thank you Mrs. Kim, you skipped work for this today."

 

"No problem."

 

It's quiet again when she finally left alone, she's taking a glance to her watch, it's still 6PM, too early for dinner, she decide to kill some times with reading a book while trying to distract her minds and her heart from what happened with Jungkook this morning. The argument, the fight, what he said, and what he want is totally filling up her brain.

It was a horrible 15 minutes of reading because of that.

 

She can heard someone is entering the door, someone who knows the password of this house, they don't even knock first. She's being wary and a little bit scared, so she stand in front of the door, nervously.

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi?"

 

And it's actually Lea.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

The question came out rude, but she deserved it, why would she came here, to her boyfriend's apartment, not as a guest but act like she lives here. It's making her annoyed, and Lea seems aware about that too, she looks guilty, uncomfortable and scared .

 

"I..Mr. Park give me a job to taking care of this apartment for awhile."

 

"Why? Is Mr. Park the owner of this place so he can do whatever he want with it?"

 

"No, but this is what he always do when Mr. Jeon is away, it's been like this for years. I'm just here to help since her new secretary is having another job at Sky."

 

Yeri is a little bit embarrassed, when Lea told her about their habit, Jimin, her and Jungkook's habit she doesn't know because it's usually happens when she's still out of the picture.

 

"I already took care of it for today. You don't have to do anything, from now on, you don't need to come here again."

 

"I..i'll informing Mr. Park about it."

 

"Fine, you know your way out."

 

Yeri is not expecting Lea to ignore her when she told her to go. She's staring at her and seems like she has so many things to say,  it's obvious that she knows what she did wrong to her.

 

"I'm really sorry."

 

Lea is talking without looking at her at all, she's just staring at the floor, she knows she's also holding her tears while talking, her long hair is not enough to cover her face.

 

"Are you really?"

 

"I didn't know he has plan to hurt you, he told me he just wanted to talk to you."

 

"And you trusted him? he's the one who messed with Jungkook's life and yet you trusted him?"

 

Lea is totally intimidated by what she said, she lift her face slowly and her eyes are shaking.

 

"Listen Lea, i know you did what you did because you resent me. I don't blame you for that, i know i deserved it, but what about Jeon Jungkook? Don’t you care for him?"

 

"I don't know that you means so much for him. I never thought a monster like Mr. Jeon could have so much affections for someone, i didn't know he'll give away everything including his own life for people like you! I never meant to hurt him..I'm sorry."

 

Lea is broke into tears after she finished her words, she has so much tears.

 

"He is not a monster."

 

"He was a monster. A complete monster, without any mercy for people around him. He was turn into a completely different person because of you.. You changed him."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"When i realized that you and Mr. Jeon got into an accident because of Lee Jihoon, I was completely scared that if i actually bringing back the monster live inside of him.  Do you know how many lives ruined because he feels bothered or hurt? a dozens. One of his former staff is still in jail because Mr. Jeon sued him. That man has a family, a wife, a kid, they came to our office one day, to beg Mr. Jeon to forgive her husband but he does nothing. At all."

 

Lea still remember that day clearly, it was her third week of working with Jungkook when the incident blowing up at Sky. Yeri knows the suspect, he's already having so much grudges for  Jungkook so that was the reason why he betray him. He stole his ideas, his sketchs, and presentatios, selling it to another firm and making Jungkook lost two projects at once.

The whole thing was a mess, Jungkook refused to settle anything with him and making him lost his job, his credibility, his image, money, everythings. She remembers crying after watching a young woman and two of her kids coming to him for a mercy but he didn't give them anything at all.

It was Jimin who offered them enough amount of money to live behind Jungkook's back.

He was the most ruthless person she ever see. There's not even an ounce of kindness on him, she liked him not because he is a nice person, he likes him because she thought she can changed him and bring the better side from him, it was never working until Yeri came to his life.

 

"Lea.."

 

"You're lucky you only see a good side of him."

 

"I'm not a fairy, i can't change people just because i wanted too. A person you knew, the boss you thought as ruthless is not a monster, i made him as one, and the only thing i've done is bringing him back.."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You don't need to worry, he'll forgive you."

 

"I know. I talked to him few days ago, and he said he's no longer amused with words like revenge or putting people in misery, he said he doesn't want to do any of it anymore that he knew it was wrong and only resulted to another wound for him and me. He said he's in a middle of journey to find a better life, i'm not sure but i think you're also part of it."

 

Yeri realized that this is the reason why Jungkook was mad this morning. He’s already gave up on acting like his old self and he expect her to do the same.

 

"It's the same for me too. It's easier to let him go without having any hurt feelings, because look at me, i turned into a monster, to fed my hatred for you."


 

It's totally the same for Yeri too, she was holding to this hurtfeelings about what's going on with Seokjin, and her life is completely ruined because of that, she ran away from her family, all those revenge she does to Jungkook which only makes the situation worse, she's hurting too many people in the process including herself.

 

"I'm really sorry, Kim Yeri-ssi."

 

Lea is bowing her head quick before she's walking out from the house leaving Yeri with so much complicated thoughts. Her phone is ringing and it's actually helping her to ease her mind, except Jungkook is actually the one who's calling her. She hesitate to pick up the phone, but it's already bad enough that she fought with him this morning. She doesn’t want to makes things worse.

 

"Where are you right now?"

His voice sounds really heavy, and the background noise is so loud.

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm on my way to your place, don't ignore me. Let's talk.."

 

Jungkook is quite annoyed when Yeri is not answering him, he’s already entering her apartment building and he definitely doesn't want to get ignored after he barely able to ran away from the hospital after so much difficulties.

 

"I'm not there."

 

And the answer she gave her is even more surprising.

 

"What do you mean you're not here?"

 

"I told you, i'll stay in your place this morning."

 

"I thought you changed your plan after what i said to you earlier."

 

"I don't think driving is comfortable for you. I'll go there."

 

"It's nothing compared to what i've done. I almost died saving your life."

 

Jungkook end the phone calls right after that and Yeri feels nervous about it. She is embarrassed to see him after what happened today. Not to mention that he talked like saving her life was his duty or a homework, like he was forced to do that..because she has no capability to save herself.

 

She’s sitting on the couch, holding her phone tight and spending every minutes wondering what will happen when Jungkook is here.

 

It was quick, maybe less than half an hour when someone is entering the house.

Jungkook is coming inside wearing his thick jacket and a black shirt, he's wearing a cap and his face is pale, looks like he still can feel an enormous amount of pain from his wound.

 

"You should sit first."

 

She's not helping him at all when she realized that Jungkook is having a hard time with his step, she's only pointing her hands to his couch while gets up from it quick. She watched him taking off his jacket and his cap while feeling really guilty that this is happening.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

Jungkook is having a hard time to see clear and straight after a long painful drive, but he's able to notice Yeri who's walking away from him without saying any word. She stopped when he's calling her out.

 

"I'll find something for you to drink."

Her answer is short and she's continue walking to the kitchen. He can heard the fridge door opened and her step is back closer to him.

 

"Here"

 

It's a glass of water, he's taking it from Yeri's hand and she is watching him without say a word. She looks awkward and stressed out.

 

"Lea was here earlier.."

He puts away his drink and staring at her closely when she said that. It makes him nervous somehow.

 

Their eyes met but Yeri is the who's avoiding it, she's playing with her fingers while looking down.

 

"You were right, she's been taking care of your place since the incident."

 

"Jimin hyung.."

 

"I know. She told me, it's been going on for years. It's her job, i understand."

Yeri lift her face to him and giving him one awkward smile, her voice is very thin, tons of uncertainty was heard from it.

 

"What did you do to her?"

 

Her smile is gone in seconds when he asked her that question. She give him a glare and let out a long sigh while sweeps her long hair back. She looks tired but still very pretty.

 

"I killed her and i put her body on your closet."

 

"Not funny."

 

"It's the answer you expected."

 

"Listen, I'm sorry about this morning."

 

Yeri is gets up from her sit, she lift her shoulder and shakes her head quickly.

 

"No, you were right. You have right to get angry and calling me dumb. I know what you meant, you want us to leave all the past, all mistakes we've done.. You have this huge plan for us and i failed to understand."

 

"You're not stupid. I take it back, It's because of Lea, i should have known you're not comfortable if i have things to do with her."

 

"There, you summed it up. I didn't even think about you or all the things you told me yesterday because i was blindly by jealousy, it's stupid."

 

"I fought with someone in front of my colleagues and business partner when my company is on a horrible situation because of jealousy, i'm no better than you at that. I have no logic either when it's come to that thing."

 

It's a really embarrassing thing to say but it's reality they both need to embrace. Their problem is not about that, it's beyond that. They failed at understanding each other position and busy with placing their own agenda on this relationship.

 

Yeri is not doing anything when he decide to gets up from his seat and standing in front of her, staring at her with so much love so she can understand that's the problem on this is not just her.

 

"This morning, i thought that the only reason we broke up back then was because you and your revenge towards me, you who can not let go of someone else's mistake, you who always seek for a war without thinking about anything else, the reckless and brave Kim Yeri."

 

It's embarrassing to hear this through her own ear. Yeri knows what Jungkook means with that, she's the one who ruin his life for the sake of revenge when in fact he rarely do anything to her, He is the one who lost a sister because of her family. She took away so much from him.
 

She's using her hands to wipe a small tears that suddenly formed.

 

"..I was wrong then."

 

No words are coming out from even if she wanted to. She's in the wrong and she has no chance to defend herself at all.

 

"..It's not just about your revenge. We broke up because i assume that you're having a better life than me. Since you had so much money i thought that you'll take care of every problem without i let you know what the problem is.
I didn't try to tell you when i first found out about who you are, i didn't tell you how i wanted to deal with it, i decided to put all the blame to you instead, lied to you about my feelings, hurting you. I didn't think that maybe your life was so much worse than mine and you need help too."

 

"It..it wasn't."

 

"I never locked up in my room by my own parents for days. I never hated my parents so much to the point that they get scared of me. I probably don't have enough money but my life has a purpose, i have friends, my employees, i'm an but i still have people who sticks with me through everything.."

 

"From where did you hear that?"

 

Yeri is having so much more tears listening to Jungkook's words about her life. Those dark times, a really messed up life she didn't ask for.

 

"My life is so much more blessed than you are, i should've showed you a better side of my life instead of telling you about all my pains and asking you to be responsible for it."

 

Yeri is covering her face when her tears is becoming uncontrollable, that was a really difficult thing to hear, she's touched, thankful but also embarrassed to find out that Jungkook actually care for her so much more than she ever imagined.

 

She started to get calm after some time and when she lift her face, he's already in front of her, putting his cap on her head so her entire face was covered.

 

"I ran away from hospital. I shouldn't be here right now."

 

He talks with a slight smile to her, and a quick pat on her shoulder as he's wearing his jacket again.

 

Honestly speaking, Jungkook thinks driving back to hospital is not an easy feat, he'll feels pain all over his ribs if he does that, but staying here is never his option either. He needs to get better quick so he can do his usual life again, and also looking at Yeri who's totally shaken because he judged her past is also not good.

 

"Lea told me that you were a monster."

 

It's totally surprising when he heard Yeri start to talk again while holding his arms. She stopped him from walking away.

 

"What did you say?"

 

"A monster, she told me about what you did, sending your former staff to jail.."

 

"That's.."

 

"You were a monster for me too. I had panic attack when i first saw you after i realized that a mad man from my nightmare was a real person."

 

"I already said sorry about what i said this morning, and i'm done begging for your forgiveness for that."

 

He is really annoyed and tired, he's talking without looking at her at all.

 

"Did i changed you?"

 

He was going to leave again, but Yeri is tighten her grip on his arms and taking him back to his place, quite surprising but her question also unexpected.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

She let him go and taking the cap off from her hair. She's still staring at the floor for a mere seconds, but she finally showed him her face after. Her eyes are puffy but she already stopped crying.

 

"My parents said the reason that i came back to them was you..and they were right. I wanted a better life because of you.”

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"No one called me a monster before, they always entitled me as a sick person when i did something really bad. I declared my plan to kill my parents but no one call me a monster."

 

It's such a weird things to talked about and he kinda uncomfortable hearing about this.

 

"What's the point of this talk?"

 

"If i did changed you from a monster to a slightly better person, i think i'll feel less undeserving to stay with you and receive so many affections from you..like this. To know that you’re taking care of me when i keep demanding you to a certain qualifications, i..i feel sorry."

 

"You're talking like i did something huge and was a nice person. I'm not, Yeri-ya.."

 

"Of course, i won't say it if i were a wife, whose husband was in jail because of you, but for me, you are a good person.  You always are."

 

She walks to him, and taking him to her embrace slowly, afraid she'll hurt him with a sudden touch on his wound. It takes Jungkook awhile before he wrapped her on his arms and caressing her back while giving him one gentle kiss on top of her head. Yeri is aware none of this is easy for her and Jungkook, things after this will be hard too.

 

They've been wondering as a lost soul for more than a decade and no matter how big their desire to come back home, the process would be needing so many understanding, compromises, and sacrifices. Things they don't usually do for other people.

 




 

 

"He was bored to death so he came to see me last night."

 

"He ran away."

 

Yeri just finished his shower when both of her parents came here and start nagging about Jungkook who ran away from the hospital.

 

"Everyone were looking for him and they called me at dawn."

 

Her dad is completely mad and Yeri can see it clearly from the way he talked to her.

 

"He's not a kid."

 

"Exactly, what kind of adult are bored and ran away from a hospital when he was sick.
They need him to go back for treatment."

 

Yeri told both of her parents to sit on Jungkook's couch and offering them a drink she made this morning. All of this still feels new for her, having a casual conversation with her parents with a cup of coffee, them who's worried over her boyfriend's well being. Not that she hates it, it just feels surreal.

 

"Why are you smiling? It's serious."

 

Mrs. Kim find it weird that Yeri is not listening to all what she said but watching her while smiling without a word.

 

"No, it's just..why are you guys even here?"

 

"We're looking for Jungkook, what else.."

 

"I'll talk to him. Wait here."

 

"Where is he anyway?"

 

Yeri is walking away from her dad when he asked her a question while looking around.

 

"He's sleeping."

 

She's running fast to the second floor, her mood is good since early morning.

 

Jungkook can heard a noises from the door, a footsteps, and Yeri is climbing on his bed when he opens his eyes. Her hair is still damp, he's wearing his clothes and her training pants from yesterday.

 

"What is it?"

 

Yeri gives him a kiss instead of answering his question. She looked so happy and bright even though her eyes still puffy from yesterday's tears.

 

"You woke up early."

 

He told Yeri to lays down next to him, but she refused to do so.

 

"My parents is here."

 

That's surprising.

 

"What?"

 

"They're here, looking for you. Your doctor called my dad and told him about you ran away from the hospital."

 

"I'm not a kid."

 

"I know. They never went to find me personally, when i'm gone missing since forever, and now they're here for you."

 

"You said it like it's a good thing."

 

"It is."

 

***

 

Mr. Kim is watching Yeri when she’s finally back to the living room still with a weird smile on her face.

 

"Dad, do you realized that you came to Jungkook Oppa's apartment first before you went to mine?"

 

"No, i don't."

 

He turn his face from Yeri and he finally started to realized why Yeri's been acting weird since he came here. This is so not him. He already lost the meaning of having a family, and without he realized everything start to going back to like how it used to be.

 

"It's nice, thank you for being here."

 

It's even more overwhelming for him when Yeri giving him a quick hug. It's the first time since forever that she's doing this for him. He still remember clearly, all the shouts, insults, arguments he had with Yeri for the past few years.

 

"No, it's ok."

 

He's hugging her back and caressing her back when Jungkook finally showed up in front of him. His fear which suddenly changed into key of his happiness.

 

"Jungkook-ah!"

Yeri is letting go of him right away when she noticed Jungkook is here. He still has a band aid behind his shirt,

 

He's still doesn't look ok at all but definitely better than yesterday, he looked so depressed and stressed when they talke, but now he looked fine.

 

"No, i'm fine really."

 

He's sending a glare to her wife when she ran really fast to Jungkook and helping him with his walk. Jungkook is refusing her help but taking Yeri's hand instead when she offers it to him.

 

"Since everyone here, can i take you somewhere?"

 

Yeri is losing her smile and staring at Jungkook who suddenly talking about something she doesn't understand.

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"Drive for me."

 

It was really confusing, for Yeri when all of them already sit inside her dad car, Yeri is behind the wheel, Jungkook next to her and both of her parents at the back seat.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

Yeri is asking Jungkook a question when he put a location to the GPS. She is sure both of her parents are skeptical, confused, and maybe scared. No matter how good their relationship with Jungkook right now, the past is still there to holding them back.


They must feel relieved to see Yeri is the one who's driving, if it was Jungkook, they will probably think, he'll crash the car as part of his revenge. it's a selfish thought but Yeri can not lie for not having it.

 

None of them talked to each other until the GPS told her that they arrived at their destination. She's looking around and from a quick glance she already know to where Jungkook take them.

 

"My sister was buried here..i'm thinking that all of you should know."

 

He's out from the car first and noone is following him. Yeri is doing nothing but staring at him who's walking with hands on his pocket, like he's already familiar with the surrounding.

 

"You've been here before?"

 

Yeri turn her face to Mr. Kim who looked as pale as she is, as confused as she is.

 

"No."

 

"Let's just go."

 

It's her mom who came out from the car first and following Jungkook with a small steps after wearing her scarf.

 

"Honestly, you're the only one who should be here."

 

"I know."

 

Yeri is watching her dad out from the car while walking hands by hands with Mrs. Kim behind Jungkook. She watched them from afar, closing her eyes, taking a deep breath and decided to join them.

 

Nothing is changing from the last time Jungkook came here, the only different thing is now he came here with someone else, with other peoples. Jimin doesn't even know this place so does Lea and everyone around him.

His family knows, but they already stopped treating him as one.

 

"Wait for me."

 

Yeri is taking his hand after finally catch up with him, looks like she takes a long time to actually agree to do this. Mr and Mrs. Kim walk side by side behind him, they looked nervous and uncomfortable which is totally makes sense.

 

"Your hands is cold."

He give a kiss on Yeri's hand when he realized her hands is shaking and as cold as ice.

 

"Why are you taking us here?" She talks without looking at him, her tone is deep.

 

"It's probably cliche and childish, but i want to showing off to my sister that even after she left me, i'm still capable for living my life just fine, that i'm happy and gain a family again. A family she always wanted."

 

"I wish my parents could hear that."

 

Yeri is stopping their walk and glancing to the other two person who walked behind him.

 

"I will later."

 

"No, it's ok. My family should've done this since long time ago, i have so many wrong doing to your sister too, i'm nervous and uncomfortable but we all need this."  

 

They walked for 10 minutes before they reached Jungkook's most favorite place in this cemetery. He came here almost everyday back in high school, but times he spent here becoming less and less after all the greeds over powers and money takes it toll on him.

He probably just went here twice a year.

 

None of them say anything, they’re just standing and reading what's written on the grave quitely. Yeri feels like all the time she spent hating her is definitely not something worthy.


Sooyoung can't do anything to change the past but herself as a living person is more than capable to change his own future, but instead she decide to blame her for what happened again and again.
 

"We met again."

 

Yeri is looking at her mom who begin to kneeling in front of the grave, she remembers that Seokjin took Sooyoung to met her one time.

 

"I'm really sorry, Sooyoung-a."

 

Yeri is completely taken aback when she find her mom is crying, the last time she saw her cry like this was 15 years ago when her brother died. Even though some people always told her that everytime she came to visit Seokjin's grave, she always crying and apologize to him, to a dead person. She used to think it's useless and won't bring her brother back, but now that she's watching it happens right in front of her eyes, all the tears her mom sheds, every words she said are probably necessary to letting go of all your guilts.

 

That's why the one with nightmare was her and Jungkook, not her parents whose clearly more deserving the blame for what happened. They were haunted not by Seokjin and Sooyoung's spirit or hocus pocus thing but by their own guilts, and hatred for them. The nightmare happened because they never let them go.

 

"We should've come here to visit you earlier, we're really sorry."

 

She can feels her eyes start to get warm when she saw her father is doing the same thing with what her mom did earlier. Lowering himself in front of Sooyoung, saying a useless apology. It’s really a surprising thing, judging from how evil he is to Sooyoung whe she was alive and now this.

 

15 years is a long time, she never thought that her dad is nothing like how he was before their family broke up, before she chose to disown him for what he did. He changed.


 

"I'm sorry.."

 

Jungkook is completely surprised when Yeri is letting go of his hand and dashing out from where she stand to another side of this cemetery. She's walking really fast, he failed to catch up with her.

 

"Yeri-ya!" It was Mrs. Kim who's calling her over when she realized that she's not here anymore.

 

"I'll find her."

 

"Your injury, Jungkook-a.."

 

Mr. Kim doesn't seems agree with his suggestion.

 

"I know this place, i've been here for so many times. Take the car and leave, i'll go back to hospital after this."

 

He give the car keys to Mr. Kim, Yeri put it on his pocket when they were walking together earlier. He doesn't wait for his respond and leave him right away. It's hard to move when his injury is still really painful but he has no choice.

 

***

Jungkook knows this place by heart, even though for the past few years he already less caring about this place, but there were times when he spent hours here, walking around, and sometimes enjoying the scenery.

He's trying to use his phone to reach Yeri but she didn't pick up, she probably left it at his apartment. He knows for sure that she was crying earlier, but he doesn't understand why she ran away. He can finally find her after walking for 15 minutes, it's already quite far from the cemetery complex, she's sitting on the grass, staring at the lake in front of it. Her long hair was blowed up by a strong wind but she doesn't looks care at all.

 

"It's my favorite spot too."

 

He talks to her and she can finally notice his existence, she's glancing at him when he take a sit next to her.

 

"It's beautiful." She still has tears on her eyes when she said that.

 

"You've been crying since last night."

 

"I am, indeed."

 

"I'm sorry for taking you here."

 

"It's not your fault, i'm thankful you brought us here, for my parents."

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I feel so stupid, standing there watching my mom and my dad saying sorry to your sister."

 

"Why?"

 

"I regret it, for not doing that, 15 years ago, to my brother, i thought it was useless."

 

She talks while throwing some little rocks into the lake, the sounds of water is quite calming for him to be honest.

 

"I had that thoughts too, i never said sorry to my sister either."

 

"I know, that's why we're having these weird nightmares. If this was a punishment from my brother or her, don't you think my parents deserve that nightmare more? Why us? We were just a kid when that's happened, i barely understand why my brother could falling in love so stupidly like that."

 

"What is your answer for that?"

 

"I was too attached to your sister as the reason for my miserable life, my parents could defend themselves from my judgment but your sister don't. She is dead. It was like that for you too, you keep using my brother as the reason for everythings bad in your life."

 

Jungkook is looking at her quickly and giving her a smile. She was right.

 

"We were the reason why we were having those nightmare. That is your answer?"

 

"I'm not sure, but i'd like to think like that. I don't want to blame anyone else for obstacles i have on my life from now on, not my brother's dead, not your sister's existence, not my parents, Jihoon, Lea, not you."

 

She turn her face to him right after she finished talking, Jungkook is watching her closely without a smile right now. She caught him, but he's not stopping.

 

"Why..? You don't agree with me?"

 

"I’m not bothered if you want to use me as a scapegoat.”

 

Yeri is laughing because of what he said, and her tears is gone now.

 

“No, i want to be good now. You too, stop chasing all those power, money and whatever my dad offered to you, later when you get back to work. Don’t be mean to others.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

Yeri is offering her hands to him while getting up and helping him walk. It must be hard for him to walk around with those injury.

 

“Kim Yeri..”

 

She stopped when Jungkook is not following her but dragging her to stand in front of him instead.

 

“Thank you for letting me showed up on your nightmare.”

 

“I hate those nightmares, i still do. But i’m glad that it was you, so..you’re welcome.”


 

***

“My phone is died.”

 

“I left my phone at your place. What should we do now?”

 

Yeri is staring at Jungkook in disbelief when he told her that he let her parents use the car and told them to leave.

 

“Uh? They’re still here!”

 

Yeri is helping him walk faster when the car, Mr and Mrs Kim are still here, at the place where he left them.

 

“I told you to leave.”

 

“I don’t follow order from my worker, especially not when he is sick. Get in, we’re  taking you back to the hospital.”

 

Mr. Kim was helping him to sit at the back seat with a giggles from Yeri who totally enjoying what she heard and saw.

 

“Can we visit one of my franchise first before we went back? I need to see one of my store, a quick inspection will do.”

 

Yeri is taking a sit next to him, both of her parents at the front. Mrs. Kim is busy with her phone.

 

“Then can we stopped by to a coffee shop, first? I’m craving for croissant cheese.”

 

He’s glancing at Yeri who’s really serious about her request and looking so happy when she got a yes from his dad. It’s really overwhelming for him, that it’s hard to not feeling so happy and touched, he became speechless and doing nothing but staring at the window.

 

“Hey..”

 

He turns his face to Yeri when she touch his shoulder.

 

“I never do this with my parents since 15 years ago, It’s like a new thing for me too, and i’m as happy as you.”

 

“No, it’s not..it’s just the traffic..”

 

Yeri is giving him a squeeze on his hand and mouthed a thank you, before she close her eyes, trying to have some sleep while holding him.

 

Heimwee. Jungkook is glad that he finally able to get rid of that feelings.

 


-THE END


thank you for reading this 

since the begining until i finished this. thank you really

idk if i'm happy with the way i wrote this, but it's been enjoyable. 

See u later. 

 

- di