Twenty Three

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

Yeri is back to her parent's home when she found both of them sitting together at the living room, discussing about something. They're stopping their talk when she takes a sit next to them.

 

"I'm home."

 

It's awkward for her to do this, it's been 15 years since the last time she act like this family's daughter. She thought she never going back home, but here she is now.

 

"Where have you been?"

 

Yeri is staring at her watch, it's not late but her dad is already asking about this.

 

"Me? Jungkook oppa's place."

 

There's a silent from both of her parents when she said that. Mrs. Kim particularly is really surprise, she never thought the talk about Jungkook will came out casually from Yeri, she stare at her husband and he's actually surprised too, it's just he's better at hiding it.

 

"I’ll take Jungkook as my employee.”

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"He can no longer work at his firm.”

 

“Why?”

 

“There’s nothing he can do about it, even though his name already cleared, he has no ownership on that firm and if Mr. Lee fired him and then that’s it. Didn't he tell you?"

 

Yeri shakes her head because Jungkook was not saying anything regarding this. It's such a bummer, he keeps demanding her to be honest with him when he kept things like this as a secret. Why?

 

"Why did he do that?"

 

"He didn't say."

 

"Is it because of me again?”

 

“He didn’t say.”

 

“No, you knew, what’s going on?”

 

Mr. Kim is taken aback when Yeri screaming at him.

 

“He didn’t say.”

 

Yeri is becoming really frustrated and she’s covering her face before she lift her face to Mr. Kim again, she was so ready to lashing out at him but her mom stopping her. She hold her arms and cupping her face.

 

“Lee Jihoon came to him and threatened him about you, that’s why he did it. He also asked your dad to keep his eyes on you because of that. Jungkook told your dad to not say anything about this to you, so he was just trying to keep his promise.”

 

It’s disappointing somehow, she thought she is the only one who’s still keeping secret from Jungkook on their relationship but turns out that he’s doing it worse than her. How can he hide this huge problem from her.

 



 

 

Jungkook is sitting on his kitchen, making some sketch and re-reading all the articles about Sky that is shown on his phone. He has no choice but to let it go because turns out he has no other way to get it back, unless he has enough money to buy it from Mr. Lee, and that old man certainly won’t sell it. He put his head to the table while closing his eyes, he knows he has no resolution for this but it still feels hurt to lose something he build and care for his whole life suddenly like this. He’s been learning about the contract and legal requirement he made with him 8 years ago, but nothing won’t work.

 

“Jeon Jungkook!”

 

He’s opening his eyes when he heard Yeri’s voice out of nowhere, he thought it was just his imagination but the loud noise from his door is telling him otherwise.

 

He run to the door and open it quick, when he find Yeri is standing there, still with her clothes from earlier just her expression is getting darker and she looks more exhausted.

 

“You lied to me.”

 

Jungkook is actually expecting this, he knows Mr. Kim will eventually told Yeri about what is going on with him, Jihoon and Sky. Her reaction is definitely not surprising.

 

"Why?"

She talks with so much angers, she's totally dumbfounded and disappointed, it's totally shown on her expression.

 

"Come in."

He's trying to hold her hands and pulling her inside the house, but she's avoiding it.

 

"Why do i need to know about you who made sacrifices for me through someone else?"

 

"I'm embarrassed."

 

Not the answer she wanted, so she decide to walks away from the door, trying to leave him, to let him know that she really is annoyed by him.
 

It was really quick but Jungkook is stopping her with his hand on her arms and taking her closer in a fast movement. She's becoming more annoyed because even before she realized, he’s already got her, completely on his arms, holding her really tight.

 

"Do you really wanna talk about it?" His voice sounds deep and serious.

 

"Do you?"

 

"You owe me an explanation about what was going on earlier too."

 

He's started to caressing her face and take her face closer to him before giving her a kiss, a great one and definitely effective to making her less angry at him. She was trying really hard to ignore him and it's actually worked, he stopped after awhile, totally disappointed.

 

"It's not gonna work."

 

She lied to him, well..it's actually worked, she just doesn’t want him to know. Yeri can feels a warm on her face so she decide to walk away from him, hiding. She takes a glance at him who's watching her with his doe eyes, confused and probably annoyed too.

 

"We'll talk."

 

Jungkook is trying to follow Yeri who take a sit on his kitchen after drinking a glass of water, she’s gesturing him to stop with her hand. And he find this ridiculous.

 

"Only talk, you stay there and i'll be here."

 

His apartment is huge, the distance between where he stand and where Yeri sit is quite far, he just can not wrap his head on this. She did say about being scared of him regarding what he said to her months ago, but still..this is just weird.

 

"This is so childish."

 

They’ve been knowing each other for a year, fifteen actually, and as an adult they already did everything, why would this kind of game is necessary, he just can not understand.

 

"Where are you going?"

He decided to ignore her and trying to leave her but Yeri whose voice is getting weaker and softer holding him back.

 

"I'm not doing this."

 

"Doing what? trying to solve a problem in your relationship?"

 

She’s frustrated and angry.

 

"Alright, Fine. Do you need me to back facing you while you're talking too?"

 

"Doesn't matter, you can do it."

 

Yeri is letting out a sigh when Jungkook take a sit on his couch, with back facing her , literally, he's wearing his glasses and start reading a book she doesn't recognized, he had it on his table since this morning.

 

"This is my first relationship and.."

 

"Yeah, right."

 

"I mean a relationship where i actually in love with the boyfriend and care for him. You know what kind of a person i was."

 

It's actually nice that Jungkook is back facing her so she won't get too embarrassed to say this kind of thing.

 

"Good for you."

 

She can see that he's flipping his book and actually read it.

 

"I already told you before, i was really thankful for your existence, 15 years ago and since the day i met you as a grown up. You treat me good even though i was a trashy human being."

 

He's not responding to any of her words, she doesn't know if he actually hear it or not.

 

"I was happy and when one day you told me everything was a lie, i find it a little bit hard to trust you again. It's probably the same for you too, right? because of our past? you want to keep secrets from me because you don't trust me."

 

Jungkook realized that the conversation is definitely not the easy one since Yeri's voice is getting smaller, he decide to looks at her, who's doing nothing but staring at him blankly.

 

"It's not like that."

 

"Lee Jihoon threatened you to the point that you lost a company which you build for the past 8 years because of me. Why didn't you tell me that?"

 

She takes a few steps back when he decide to come for her. She still looks disappointed and sad.

 

"I'm embarrassed."

 

"Why? You're the one who's making me embarrassed right now, how can i’m living my life just fine, when i actually took away every single thing you have?
No wonder all of your friends are hating me."

 

He's standing right in front of her, staring at her eyes and even right now he still feels really embarrassed about this.

 

"I..told everyone that you are nothing to me. I'm the one who told you that you're making me weak and i want it to stop. But what i'm doing is a complete opposite. Even after others pointing out everything you took away from me, i still want to protect you and let you take away more things. I don't want you to know how weak i am because..."

 

"You're afraid i’m going to hurt you. Again."

 

Yeri has tears in her eyes, and she give him an empty smile.

 

"My life was a mess for 15 years."

 

Yeri understand it, just like her, no matter how hard she try to convincing herself about the present and their future, what happened in the past is still a fact. Them ruining each other life is still a reality.

 

"Not so different with mine."

 

"If you asked for more time to adjust with what we have right now, i need to ask your understanding because this won't become the last thing i hide from you."

 

"Why?"

 

"It's fun to see you angry and having you visit me in a late night like this."

 

He's whispering to his ear, give her a peck on his cheeks and hugging her.

 

"I asked your father for a job."

 

"Really? I thought he offered it."

 

"No, i asked for it."

 

"That is weird."

 

Yeri is stopping Jungkook from holding her and looking at him weirdly.

 

"He was so excited about giving you a job, why would he said yes? You're technically a treat for him."

 

It was just few weeks ago when Mr. Kim told Yeri about being afraid of Jungkook, giving him a job when he asked is such a surprising move.

 

"We agree to trust each other in order to reduce our hatred."

 

"Why? What is the reason?"

 

"That will be my next secret."

 

The reason is Yeri, but he doesn't want to burden her with that kind of thoughts, he'll deal with his feelings to Mr. Kim on his own. It's good enough that she already have a decent relationship with both of her parents. She deserved it.

 

***

 

Yeri decided to stay here and not coming home tonight, because turns out she actually has more things to talk about with Jungkook.

 

"You can go to sleep first. I want to finish this."

 

He told her that he's been reading and searching a way out to keeping Sky as his own. He said giving up is difficult to do. It's so typical of him.

 

"How much money do you have?"

 

Jungkook is looking at Yeri with a smile when she asked that.

 

"This apartment and my car is the only assets i have, since i was paid a lot as CEO at Sky, money won't probably become my problem until 5 or 6 years later? I have tons of saving."

 

"In conclusion, you're rich, right?"

 

"Why? What do you want from me?"

 

He's taking off his glasses and he's no longer holding his book.

 

"Why did you let Lee Jihoon taking control over you?"

 

He quite surprised when the name of Jihoon suddenly came up like this.

 

"I'm rich but i'm alone while he..he has a family. You met them before, right?"

 

Yeri is giving him an awkward smile because she reminded to how messed up that night was. She doesn't want to have any experience like that again.

 

"How can you give them so much privilege to use you?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

Yeri is becoming nervous and she's not sure if Jungkook is willing to discuss about this with her, in this circumstances.

 

"Jihoon, he..i mean..it's obvious Mr. Lee is using you to torture him, don't tell me you're not aware."

 

Jungkook is leaning his back after hearing that, he's tilting his head.

 

"I knew . It was easy to notice."

 

"Then?"

 

"I don't care. Mr. Lee used me but so do i, I got what i want through him, bigger infestation, greater control of my firm..his networking"

 

"Why did he do it?"

 

Yeri is asking that without looking at him. She knows how Jihoon lived his life and she feels bad for him, genuinely.

 

"Mr. Lee.. why did he do it to Jihoon?"

 

Jungkook takes a deep breath and Yeri seems realized that he notice her feelings for Jihoon, she's quite surprise when he is not annoyed or mad with that question.

 

"Ji Hoon's dad is the one who supposedly running their family business, but he died at such a young age and his will was for Jihoon to take over everything. A teenage boy like him, rich, powerful, handsome, running a business is probably the last thing he wanted to do so Mr. Lee as his uncle is in charge temporarily. He always told Jihoon to do this and that, humiliating him, even though it's true Jihoon is not really good at business, he can still learn, it's just his family won't allowed him, so he made a decision to abandon everything and against all their command. A rebel, a trash, for years."

 

"How did you know about this?"

 

"I always need to know what kind of people i'm dealing with. "

 

"Of course, you are."

 

He stare at Yeri who suddenly looked blank.

 

"If my brother brave enough like Jihoon who.."

 

"It's not brave, it's stupid and reckless."

 

"So you're telling me that if you were offered to running a business at the age of nineteen, you'll choose that over your fun and bright life as a teenager?"

 

She looks really annoyed while asking that question, reminded him to Yeri as a middle school student on his dream telling him to picking up her food from a trash can.

 

"I'll take anything else other than my real life at the age of nineteen."

 

Yeri is staring at him long without saying anything and gets up from her sit slowly.

 

"You're so good at making people feels guilty."

 

"I was just saying, that's not my problem if you feel it was directed at you."

 

He kissed her forehead while leaving her behind, get inside his office and shut the door. Yeri is doing nothing but watching him gone with a complicated feeling. He’s probably angry because she choose to sympathized with Jihoon when his life clearly in a misery because of him.

 

She decide to let him stay at his office and dragging her legs to the second floor. She needs sleep.

 

It was just a few seconds, she’s trying to sleep while playing with her phone when Irene send her a reminder about screen testing and casting tomorrow, for a cf and she still doesn’t know about the material at all. She left it at her apartment since few weeks ago.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

She met with Jungkook downstairs when he’s already laying down at the coach, closing his eyes and stuffs.

 

“I’m going home.”

 

Yeri is really busy, she’s trying to wear her coat and her heels while holding her pouch with . Her hair is messy. He’s glancing at his watch and this is already past midnight.

 

“It’s almost dawn.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I’ll go with you.”

 

“I left a script at home, i need to memorized it by tomorrow..it’s ok, just sleep, i’ll call you.”

 

“Just wait here, i’ll take my jacket.”

 

Yeri is really dumbfounded, worried but also grateful that he’s willing to go with her. It’s a small gesture but also hard to do for some people.

 



 

 

Yeri is not saying anything as Jungkook is driving his car on an empty road, at dawn. He’s also not trying to makes conversation with her too. It’s just silent.

 

“Don’t you think it’s better for me to sleep here instead of bothering you back at your place?”

 

She’s opening the car door and Jungkook is following her. Both of them are walking side by side to the lobby, when Jungkook stopped abruptly while staring at one corner of the parking lot. He’s back to her when she tap his shoulder lightly.

 

“I’ll just stay here.” That’s what he said.

 

“Alright then.”

 

She’s asking him for his hand and she’s holding it when he gave it to her.

Yeri is looking around because it’s actually been weeks since the last time she came here. Bona or Jay is the one who tidying up her place when she stayed with her parents.

 

“Ah..you need to buy new set of Toiletries and stuffs. I threw away all of it, months ago, i still have few of your clothes though.”

 

“Not surprising.”

 

She push him to a mini store at the first floor but he doesn’t let go of her hand.

 

“Wait for me.”

 

“Why? I’ll go first.”

 

“No, seriously, don’t.”

 

She’s rolling her eyes at him and when the elevator door is opened on the other side of lobby, Yeri thought joking around with him wil makes him feel better, so she’s running and getting inside really quick, Jungkook can not catch up with her. She’s waving his hand to him with a smile and he looks really pissed off.

 

Jungkook is sure the car parked outside was Jihoon’s . He’s familiar with it, even though more than a hundred person live in this building, he knows for sure that he’s here for Yeri. He was thinking about using the stairs to chase her, but the next elevator is arriving not long after. He is nervous and scared.

 

***

 

“I thought you’re moving out.”

 

Yeri is totally freeze on her position when she finally reach the hallway of her apartment, Lee Jihoon is here. He’s standing in front of her door, looking like a mess actually. She can feels her hand shaking but seeing him like this is totally making her feels bad, sad, and sorry, so instead of running away she decide to get closer with him.

 

“How are you?”

 

Her hands is warm and Jihoon really cannot believe that his plan is ruined with a small touch from Yeri. He’s been here for the past few days waiting for her to come home and plan to hurt her because that’s the only way to bothers Jungkook but right now...he has no will. Yeri and her smile, asking about his feeling when nobody does..

 

She turn her face from him when a bell from the elevator at the edge of the hallway is ringing. Someone else is here. She put her finger on her lips and telling him to be quiet while putting a password to her apartment and tell him to go inside.

And he did. The only thing he can do is watching her gone from his sight while closing the door.

 

Yeri is running to him quickly and Jungkook was going to lash out at her but he chose to not doing it when their eyes met.

 

“I need some medicine for my fever, can you buy it for me? I need to work all night but i don’t feel good right now.”

 

Yeri doesn’t understand why she’s doing this but she did it anyway, Jungkook is touching her forehead and she close her eyes afraid if he will notice her lies.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, my head hurt.”

 

“No. Are you sure, you want me to leave?”

 

She’s becoming silent because she’s actually not sure either. She takes her time and thinking about it again and again before she nod her head to him.

He is not moving from his position at all, so she push him back inside the elevator and close the door for him. She needs to do this.

 

Jungkook is aware leaving her is probably a bad choice, but seeing her lying about Jihoon is actually making him trusting her enough to leave. She has a plan and she knows what she’s doing, she is not stupid.

Yeri sees Jihoon differently with how he and everyone else see him, same with how she can see him as a normal human being instead of a society trash, a year ago. She deserve her own shot to try making things work.

 

***

 

“Do you want something to drink?”

 

Yeri’s taking off her coat and trying to act natural when she’s back to her apartment with Lee Jihoon sitting on her living room. She opens the fridge and she can see how her hands shaking.

 

“Isn’t this weird? you’re offering me a drink nicely, After what your dad and Jungkook did to me?”

 

Jihoon is standing next to her and grab a can of soft drink from her hand harshly, it’s enough to scare her.

 

“I..was..going to talk to you about that.”

 

“Talk ! I can’t wait to hear your excuse.”

 

“Lee Jihoon-ssi..you don’t need any excuse. What they did is not wrong, you deserved it.”

 

Jihoon is totally angry and disappointed with what she said, he ended up chuckling.

 

“Are you fcking serious?”

 

“You were angry at him, at me. Even if right now you want to hurt me, i also think i deserved it.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We’re all deserved it. We never treat others good. Jungkook, me, you..”

 

“I don’t need your lecture!”

 

Yeri is closing her eyes and taking a deep breath when Jihoon is throwing the drink he’s holding to a trash can behind her. His hands are shaking and there’s a scratch on it.

 

“It is not a lecture. I’m just showing you an example..”

 

She takes his hand slowly and wipe a small amount of blood on it with a tissue. He looked surprised but not actually refusing her care.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

Yeri doesn’t realize she has tears in her eyes until Jihoon asked her about it.

 

“I’m scared and i feel sorry to you.”

 

“You should be scared, indeed.”

 

Jihoon pulls his hand from her grip and back to sit on the living room while staring at Yeri with his scary eyes.

 

“So the example..what is that?”

 

He is totally being sarcastic with that question and Yeri is trying to wipe her tears before she talks.

 

“My life..it was not so different with yours.”

 

“How so?”

 

Jihoon is laughing at her.

 

“The only thing i hate the most in this whole world was my family.”

 

Jihoon stopped laughing and now he looks serious, he’s also not looking at her anymore.

 

“The only goal i had was to running away from them no matter how. And my family never actually treat me bad. While yours..”

 

“What do you know about my family?”

 

“I met them, i saw how they treated you and i won’t blame you if you want to run away,like me.”

 

Jihoon is looking at her again when Yeri start talking to him while leaning her back to a wall in front of him. She looks so pretty.

 

“We’re friends, right?” He let out a smile when He’s asking her that with a small laugh.

 

Yeri is not answering his question and lift her shoulder. She's not sure.

 

"Jeon Jungkook is ruining my life. You should take a stand for me."

 

"I'm ruining his life too, we won't be here if it's not for me ruining his things..

 

She's moving her position closer to him, trying to talk to him slowly until he can understand what she’s trying to explain.

 

"..And he's also ruined mine. Everyone told me about him being an obstacle on my life, so does people around him. And they're not wrong, who wants to see their friends or family involved with a not-so-good human being on daily basis?"

 

Jihoon giving her a glare and Yeri is quite intimidated by it, so she's avoiding it.

 

"What's your point, Kim Yeri?"

 

"My point is..who cares about what people's perception of you when you have one person to see the real you and accepting you the way you are. You're getting caught with the narrative from your family about you being a rebel and a disgrace to the point.."

 

Yeri heart is beating faster when Jihoon grab her arms and pull her closer to him. His eyes are red and sad, it's obvious what she said to him is affecting him badly.

 

"Are you trying to tell me that Jeon Jungkook is an angel now because you fixed him? Are you trying to tell me, he's actually a decent person and the past 8 years i knew him was just a lie?"

 

"Let me go.."

 

She's trying to free herself from his grip, but he's too strong, it's just making her hurt even more.

 

"If what you said is true, then you have nothing to do with him anymore, he's fixed already, your work is done and i'm still here, broken, do that for me too!"

 

"I can't.."

 

"Why? He's no better than me."

 

"I also need him to fix me, Jihoon-ssi."

 

Jihoon let her go and gets up from his sit quick, she's being pushed away by him and her shoulder hit the edge of table, it's hurt like hell, but she still quick to takes few steps back from him, holding her phone close with Jungkook's number as her emergency dial. Jihoon is uncontrolled and he's dangerous for her.

 

"Then i have no reason to trust you, you were just saying this to run away from me, but it won't work, Yeri-ssi. It will never work."

 

That was clearly a threat and Jihoon is taking out his phone, staring at it for awhile and laugh sarcastically.

 

"Did your boyfriend knew i was here?"

 

Yeri shakes her head, she feels really scared now.

 

"Don’t lie !"

 

Jihoon showing off a text messages from Jungkook to Yeri and she read it quick.

 

"I'm outside, i'll know immediately if something is wrong."

 

Yeri is totally taken aback, he knows.

 

"It's disgust me, what you’re doing with him. You’re just glorifying your relationship and act like both of you are a good person just because you fall in love. It's stupid. If Jeon Jungkook is so eager to protect you, then i'll be giving him a much more hard work than this."

 

Jihoon is out from the door and slams it really hard after.

 


 

 

Jungkook is standing outside his car holding his phone, just in case Yeri is finally done with whatever plan she has.

He's becoming regretting his decision and decided to running back to the building when he heard nothing from her and he saw Jihoon out from the lobby. He looks really exhausted and angry, he opens his car door really hard.

He's walking fast to his direction but stopped when his phone is ringing. It's Yeri.

 

"Where are you? Aren't you going to stay?"

He choose to ignore JIhoon and running back to the building when Yeri end her phone call just like that. He is really nervous and hating himself for actually let her deal with Jihoon in such situation, alone.

 

He arrived at the door and put the password by himself since he doesn't want to wait this to opened by Yeri.

 

What he find inside is her who's standing in front of the door, waiting for him and crying.

Lee Jihoon that jerk, he decide to back outside to find him but he abort his plan when Yeri who's suddenly throwing herself to his embrace and crying even more.

 

"What happened?"

 

He's wearing a padding jacket and Yeri is hugging him tighter when he's trying to talk to her about it, no words coming from her, so he’s just holding her till she finally let him go. He hold her face and stare at her eyes, trying to makes sure nothing bad happened to her.

 

"I'm fine."

She moves his hand from her face instead and holding it while taking him inside, while still wiping her tears.

 

Yeri is letting Jungkook's hand go from her when he's pulling her back to where she stand.

 

"Why did you leave when you knew that he was here?"

She’s asking that question to him really quick

 

"Why did you lie and hide him from me?"

 

She's shut after, because not gonna lie, what she did was so much more troublesome than what he did.

 

"I want to talk with him and i thought you won't allow me."

 

"Talk about what?"

 

He makes her sit and talk to her really closely, he looks unamused when Yeri is not answering his question but start to cry again.

 

"I don't want him to become the next you, someone whose life was neglected by me and start hating his own life because of my mistake."

 

"It was not you, it's your dad."

 

"It's the same thing."

 

Jungkook is not happy, he takes a deep breath and caressing her hair slowly.

 

"And how did it go?"

 

"I failed, i think i hurt him even more with what i said."

 

"So you cried."

 

"I cried because i was scared."

 

"Listen, Kim Yeri. I know your intention was good, and i know you sympathize with Jihoon because his life is actually miserable, but this won't get you anywhere, people like me or him, we won't get soft just because a random woman trying to talk it out with us."

 

"A random woman, really? then why did you leave me with him?"

 

Yeri realized that the question was hitting him hard too. Both of them are not saying anything until Jungkook give her a smile.

 

"I thought it's going to work. You’re not a random, he likes you."

 

"He told me to leave you, he said he'll let me help him but i need to leave you first."

 

Jungkook lost his smile and he's not responding to any of her words but focusing his eyes to something else.

 

"He said you're already out from a misery and my job for helping you was done."

 

"And what did you say to him?"

 

"I said i won't do it. "

 

"He's right though."

 

Yeri is getting up from his sit and coming closer to Jungkook, holding his arms and playing with his hair.

 

"No, he's not. You're not the only one who's receiving help. I owe you everything and you owe me nothing, Mr. Jeon.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’re giving me back my parents, a family i always dreamed of, a nice childhood friend i don’t even remember, while me.. i made you lost your firm, your friends. I owe you so much and i don't mind if i need to stay with you for my whole life to pay you back."

 

"Fine then, we'll do it that way."

 

He give her a kiss, and different from before, she's not really scared anymore.

Maybe because she already take a huge risk to stay with him and making Jihoon even more crazy and angry to the point he made a serious threat to her for choosing Jungkook over him which means that this man is worth everything she has and the only thing she needs to do is to trust him.

 

"You're not avoiding me." And looks like he also noticed her change of behaviour.

 

"Isn't that good?"

 

"It's better."

 

He's holding her closer when she's the one who caressing his cheeks and kissing him again, and that's probably the first when she realized that Yeri has nothing to hold her back from him again, it reminds him to that one time when they were having a vacation together.

 

"No. This one was sponsored i need to wear this on public event at least once."

 

Yeri is holding Jungkook's hand on her back, already inside her dress and ready to tear it up at anytime. He laughs at her when she's rolling her eyes and pull herself away from him really quick. This habit won't just die, it's starting to get really annoying, last time, she needs to hide her embarrassment in front of her own mother because he's doing this.

 

"I won't ruin it."

He's trying to talk sweet to her while talking really close to her ears and start kissing her again with a clear demand. She'll be glad to playing with him if not for tomorrow schedule, she takes Jungkook's hand and staring at his watch, it's already dawn.

 

She turn her face from him but he's still holding it and making her stand in front of him again. He always looked good at time like this.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

He's asking her that question while moving her hands from his shoulder and holding it.

 

"We don't have any nightmare so sleeping with you is not actually necessary for me."

 

"Funny."

 

He looks annoyed with her joke so she's ruffling her hair quick and letting go of him from her hug.

 

"I need to work on something for tomorrow."

She's walking to her room, trying to find a material and script she needs to perform tomorrow. It was last month assignment, just the casting calls coming up late.

 

***

 

Yeri is out from her room with a pile of documents, she change her clothes to her sleepwear and she’s wearing her glasses. Looks like a kid.

 

"I have a casting tomorrow, it was supposed to be a deal without competition but things get worse for me and they want me to join the audition too."

 

He's watching her setting up her working environment, her laptop and a glass of wine on her table.

 

"Why didn't you work on this before? you had plenty of times."

 

"It’s hard to deal with you and your temper for the past few weeks.’

 

“Weak.”

 

Jungkook is taking of his padding jacket and sitting in front of her after taking an empty glass and pouring the wine to his glass.

 

“It’s also uncomfortable for me to do this in front of my parents.”

 

He’s reading her script but lift his face to her when the talk about her parent is coming up.

 

Yeri notice his stare and she knows she’s probably going overboard with this.

 

“Sorry. You don’t want to hear me talk about them often, right?”

 

“No, it’s ok. I’ll be working with your dad anyway, i’m good.”

 

Jungkook is taking her paper and begin to highlighting some part and making a few small notes. He’s really serious with what he’s doing.

 

“I marked the important part and made some note, you just need to memorize that instead of the whole script, i know this product, their casting director is the type who likes creativity.”

 

Yeri is looking at the paper she’s holding and Jungkook did a really good job, he minimize the words count without changing the message essence. It’s easier for her to memorize, judging that she left with only a few hours before the casting happens. He already working on his second page and she does nothing but watch him closely. Maybe Jihoon was right, he really is an angel.

 

“You know, you can't do things like that at my dad’s office right? You won’t be able to sketch, draw or..”

 

“I have a lot of skill. Don’t worry, i’ve been working since i was young.”

 

Yeri is doing nothing but start to read her script while recording her voice with her phone and listened to it. She looked fine, and it was just the thing with Jihoon was not actually happened, and she wasn’t actually cried and scared because of it. It’s bothers him.
 

He finished the last page and looking at Yeri who’s working on her own seriously. She’s taking a glance at him and stop what she’s doing.

 

“Why? Is there anything wrong? I sounds weird, right?”

 

“I’m worried about you.”

 

Jungkook is covering his face and he looks really stressed. Yeri is trying to give him a smile but he still looks worried.

 

“I saw Lee Jihoon earlier, he was..I never saw him like that before, even when i beat him up and making him angry.”
 

Yeri is taking his hand and caressing it. She’s scared too, of course.

 

“You asked my dad to help you. He’s always doing a great job at protecting me.”

 

“I want to do better, i should do better than him.”

 

He should indeed. He’s the only one she trust.

 



 

It's ending soon