Sixteen

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

"Mr. Jeon?"

 

Jungkook turns his back when someone is calling his name. It's Yeri's mom, he give her a quick bow and she's calling him over.

 

"I need to go."

 

"You're visiting my home for the first time, i'll give you a tour."

 

She came to him and drag his hand while taking him deeper to this huge mansion. The bigger version of family picture he saw earlier is here, hanging near the stairs.

 

"Yeri's room is upstairs."

 

Jungkook can feels that Mrs. Kim is trying hard to get calm around him, her hands is cold, her voice is shaking.

 

"Do you think it's stupid that you showing me all of this?"

 

It's not actually a surprising things to hear for Mrs. Kim actually, she's letting go of Jungkook's hand when they arrived at the backyard.

Yeri is here.

 

"We have plenty rooms for you to stay."

 

She's leaving him with a pat on his back and Jungkook just really dumbfounded by all of this.

 

And here she is, Kim Yeri still with her puffy eyes walking closer to him and trying to blocking his way.

 

"I came because i was worried."

 

Jungkook is talking with a smile to her, a little bit awkward but still genuine.

He touch her face and his hand is cold, she flinched because of it. She really has no words to say to him, everything will sound just like an excuse.

 

"You're fine." He looks at her with a smile, and pat her shoulder and walking passed by her.

 

"I prefer you to get mad at me instead of leaving me without saying anything.”

 

“Why would i mad?”

 

Yeri is a little bit taken aback with the way jungkook reacting to what she did. He is supposed to be mad.

 

“My dad.”

 

“You’re not actually hating him. What you have with him is different with mine..i don’t want to get involved with that.”

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s a good thing that a stubborn, ill-mannered person is treating her parents good. You can be a trash for everyone else but not to them.”

 

He’s actually laughing while saying that.

 

“And you?”

 

She looks at him when he’s walking back to her, asking for her hand and giving her palm a quick kiss.

 

“I’ll take care my own problem.”

 

She pulls her hand from him and begin to looks at him in disbelief.

 

“Why?”

 

Jungkook is not angry and taking her closer to him while touching her hair and cupping her face. He feels like heaven at times like this.

 

“I’m not my sister. I won’t let you go easily even if your father is my enemy and he told me to do that.”

 

“I’m not my brother either. I won’t let go of you and watching him torturing you because of me. You have right to get angry and i won’t blame you.”

 

She hit his chest lightly to makes him sure that she deserved his anger after what she did.

 

“You give yourself a chance after 15 years. You deserved it.”

 

She understand what he means, totally.

 

“Heimwee?”

 

She ask him while ruffling his hair and he’s not answering it but giving her a kiss instead.

 

“Take his asset away, make him poor, i don’t care. Just don’t kill him.”

 

She said it as a joke and Jungkook is taking it really well. He’s laughing at her now.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Can you stay? We can go back tomorrow morning. I already told my parents to not bother you..”

 

“That’s..”

 

“I’m not confidence to let you go away from me after tonight..”

 

Yeri is hugging him with both of her arms on his waist, tight, strong, and she really doesn’t want to let him go. She is determined.

 

“I’ll just stay till you fall asleep.”

 

“No, i’ll get scared and  thinking that what you said to me right now is a huge lie if you’re not with me when i wake up tomorrow morning.”

 

“Why are you being like this?”

 

“Don’t go.”

 

Yeri giving him a hug and tugging his shirt, she is afraid if Jungkook will changed his mind about what he said about her dad, her family. She want to make sure that she is not hurting him for what she did earlier.

Jungkook is taking a glance to his watch and Yeri is looking up at him when he told her to.

 

“You need to wake up at 6, because i’ll be leaving at that time.”

 

“It’s weekend. Let’s just go back after lunch.”

 

“Take it or Leave it.”

 

She’s pouting her lips to him but nodding her head after. Anything is fine.

 

***

 

Just like Mrs. Kim said, Yeri’s room is upstairs. It’s huge, luxurious but somehow gloomy.

 

“I have my own bathroom here, so you don’t need to out from this room. Just stay with me, you don’t need to see anyone else but me.”

 

He watch Yeri roaming around her closet and walk to him with a set of tracking suit. It’s a big size, he doesn’t know why Yeri is having this.

 

“I know why you’re doing this but i’m fine really. I never have intention to do any revenge anymore after what we did to each other. I just need more time to make peace with my judgment for your father”

 

He takes the suit to the bathroom, and Yeri’s face is getting so red. She get caught completely.

 

“You can have as much times as you want but i want to be part of it, so that’s why i’m doing this.”

 

He can hear her voice from outside the door. He takes a quick shower and honestly, everything is also confusing to him. Just like what Jimin said. He’s no longer the Jeon Jungkook who’s actually seeking a revenge for Yeri’s family like a mad man. These days there were times when he just want to abandoned everything and start a new life.

 

“You really need to trust me.”

 

He’s out after a few minutes and Yeri is still standing right in front of the door with this guilty and sad expression.

 

“How can i trust you when i don’t even trust myself. I don’t know if i’m doing the right thing or not, i was contemplating about running away because i already so fed up with all the weird things happened to me. It was just few months ago when i came to you, declaring a war, insulting you, ruining your business. and now i am here, having you in my bedroom where my parents, the one that i ignored for the past 15 years is probably outside that door wondering what am i doing with a boyfriend at late night like this.”

 

He’s taking a deep breath after listening to Yeri’s long words. He’s hugging her neck and dragging her to bed. Telling her to sleep. It’s complicated even for him.

 

“We need sleep. And i am not your boyfriend. We broke up when you pointed a fake gun to my head, remember?”

 

Yeri gets up from her bed and sit on it while Jungkook is already closing his eyes.

 

“Are you really ok?”

 

“It’s probably because of those dream i had for the past few weeks but i feel like hating your family is useless right now. Even if you or your father is trying to ruin me again. It’s better for me to ignore it and forget about all of you.”

 

That’s not a good thing to hear at time like this. Yeri is laying down next to Jungkook while linking her arms on his neck and bringing him closer to her.

 

“Why are you becoming so kind?”

 

She talks to him, half whispering and Jungkook is smiling now, still with his eyes closed.

 

“I’m tired. I really do.”

 

“My fault.”

 

Yeri is playing with Jungkook’s long eyelashes, touching it and trying to wake him up because she want to talk with him. It’s worked because he’s opening his eyes again, annoyed.

 

“I don’t have any decent sleep for the past 4 days. I spent half of my time working and the other half worrying about you.”

 

“You should sleep then. I’ll watch you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You look great.”

 

“That’s a good reason.”

 

Yeri is laughing with his response and decide to let him have his sleep while she’s watching him.
 

Jungkook is not lying when he told her about being tired, it’s just a few minutes but he’s already sleeping soundly, totally in deep sleep because even though she started touching his lips, he’s doing nothing.

She stopped immediately when her door knocked, She removed Jungkook’s arms from her stomach and get up quickly, walking to the door and opened it.

 

“Let’s talk.”

 

It’s both of her parents, they seems curious with what’s going on inside and she can see that they both try to take a glimpse of her room so she closed the door immediately.

 

“He’s sleeping.”

 

That’s what she said to them and they both walk away while telling her to follow them.

 

Mrs. Kim is nervous but somehow happy, none of them ever used this small round table at the kitchen to talk with each other since Yeri leave this house 8 years ago. She used to talk with Seokjin and Yeri after back from work at night. It does makes her feels thrilled to actually able to do this again. Thanks to Jungkook.

 

“What can i do for him?”

 

Yeri is touching the edge of her tea cup when her dad is the one who talk first on this awkward conversation.

 

“Your father and i.. we agree to take full responsibilities over Jungkook, we’ll do anything to help him”

 

“He is not 15 years old boy. Why would you do something that supposed to be done since a long time ago?”

 

Yeri is being sarcastic right now, because even though she’s thankful with their intention. The whole thing is already passed that point. They can’t just go to a 29 years old grown man whose life was a complete hell and say sorry, we’ll make it better for you.

 

“We want to try.”

 

She’s staring at her dad because she’s suspicious if he’s just doing it because what she did to him earlier.

 

“If there’s anything i can do for him. Whether it’s for his business, money, connection..”

 

“What about leave him alone? Leave us alone. I know you’re worried but can you just let me and him deal with our past by ourselves?”

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok?”

 

Yeri lift her shoulder and give Mr. Kim a smile.

 

“i don’t know but i want to try. I love him, Dad.”


 

***

 

Jungkook ended up standing at the edge of a huge pool because he can’t find Yeri in her room anymore. He was anxious to staying there alone so he decide to get out and since he’s not familiar with this huge house, he ended up staying here.

He spent his time while enjoying the scenery when a familiar figure is walking passed by a corridor behind a glass door right in front of him, Yeri is hugging herself, walking really fast and sometimes sweep her hair back and sighing. He’s knocking the glass door when she passed by him and she stopped. She looks at him with her big eyes, surprised.

 

“Why are you here?”  She’s out from the door while standing close to him.

 

“I got lost.”

 

“Sorry. I need to do something.”

 

She doesn’t actually looks comfortable or good so he decide to takes her closer to him and caressing her hair.

 

“Am i burden?”

 

He ask her while staring at the night sky and Yeri is following his gaze. It takes her long to answer his question and talk to him with a deep voice, her eyes is wandering.

 

“You’re my responsibility, not a burden.”

 

He find what she said is funny so he’s laughing at her while ruffling her hair but Yeri is serious.

 

“That is stupid. I live my life longer than you.”

 

“It’s not about that,  it’s about who’s the worst between you and me. I won, so i should be the one who take a full responsibility of you.”

 

She talks with a higher tone, maybe annoyed or just tired, he can not guess.

 

“In what way that you’re worse than me, Kim Yeri-ssi?”

 

“Having my mom and dad as my parents is already a factor.”

 

Yeri is finally looking up to Jungkook whose smile is already gone and now the only left on his face is uncertainty. His big eyes is shaking, he stopped looking at her and letting her go from his hands.

 

“If we exclude them, we’re pretty similar.”

 

He walks away and getting inside the house after saying that, she choose to watch him gone instead of following him. Her head is hurt for so many reasons.

 

Yeri is back to her room, and Jungkook is not here, she called the security outside asking if he's out or leaving but they said not, his car is still here too. She chose to let him be and trying to get some sleep.

 

She's closing her eyes and the door opened not long after. She's still not sleeping but she's also tired to actually having another round of conversation with Jungkook. She purposefully turning her body and dragging it away from him when he's climbing the bed. She can see that he is doing the same thing taking the edge of her bed as his spot, he is tired too, obviously.

 



 

 

Yeri is hearing a bunch of noises from her bathroom so she wakes up, it's 6 AM. Jungkook is no longer on her bed and he's using her bathroom right now. She's turning on her phone and there's few messages from Jay and Bona, and also one from her mom.
 

"I'm going hiking with your dad, so it'll be ok for you and Jungkook to have breakfast before you left, i already told Nana to prepare for it."

 

She's glad that her dad is actually granting her wish right away. It's better like this. She put her phone back when Jungkook is finally out, he's wearing her bathrobe, looks like he's actually living here and know exactly where Yeri put her stuffs.

 

Their eyes met and he let out a long sigh when he see her.

 

"Why?"

 

She sit on the bed talk to him while watching him changing his clothes. He looks really good in the morning.

 

"I was annoyed because of you last night, but i don't remember why now."

 

"I'm hurting your pride when i told you that you're my responsibility. I also annoyed by you last night, i even faking my sleep because i don't want to talk to you."

 

She gets up and hugging him slowly. It takes him quite long to holding her back.

 

"I noticed."

 

It's obvious for Jungkook that Yeri is also tired with all their arguments, she usually spent her night bothering him through her sleep. But last night, she just completely avoiding him, he remembers that he needs to drag her away from another edge of the bed because she's working hard to avoid him even on her sleep and he’s worried that she’s going to fall. She looks a little bit guilty and  stop hugging him she’s holding his hand instead.

 

"I'm tired too." She said that while looking down.

 

"I know, I'm sorry."

 

He give her another hug and a kiss on top of her head, she nod her head lightly and caressing his back as she buried her head on his embrace.

 

"Do you really need to go?"

 

She talks while looking up to him, her hands area still on his waist and she totally has no plan to let him go even though they already had a deal yesterday.

 

"I have work to do."

 

"I'll pack up some breakfast for you then you can go."

 

"So responsible."

 

He's ruffling her hair as he walks out from her room with his stuffs and his car key, he's being sarcastic but Yeri doesn't feels bad about it at all.

 

 



 

 

Prepare for the worst part of this story in a next few chapters.

II'll try to round up the story in less than 20 chapters.