Epilogue 1: Better

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Arg!” King Jung pretended to groan as his grandson jumped on his back. The five-year-old wrapped his arms around his neck. “I got you!” He yelled. King Jung fell to knees. “Ah. You got me.” The king admitted to defeat.

The young prince climbed off his grandfather’s back and pushed him to the ground and crawled on top of him, pointing his wooden sword to the king’s neck. “Any last words?”

But before anything could be said or done, the throne room doors opened. “Wooyoung~! What are you doing?” The fire princess ran into the room, followed by Jaejoong. “I defeated halabeoji.” Wooyoung answered proudly. Jaejoong’s eyes widened, “Wooyoung, what are you doing with that sword?”

“Halabeoji gave it to me.”

Jaejoong frowned.

“Youngie get off of grandpa.” Princess JaeEun whined, pulling her twin off her grandfather.

Jaejoong took the sword from his grandson and turned to Yunho, “Seriously?”

Yunho sat up, “What? It’s only a wooden sword. It’s not like it’s a real one.” He shrugged. “It’s still dangerous and he’s too young.” Jaejoong argued. “He needs to learn to fight. Once Sunghak is King, he’ll be next in line for the throne after Daehyun.” The king stole a small sandwich from the tray of sandwiches that Jaejoong held in his hands. Jaejoong sighed, “They’re kids. It’s too early to think about that. Let them live.” He sat down on the ground next to the younger.

“Sandwiches!” Wooyoung ran to his grandparents to eat the sandwiches, followed by his sister. “Joongie and I made the sandwiches.” Princess JaeEun informed proudly. “Hm? Is that why they’re so good?” Yunho said, taking another one. JaeEun nodded, a smile on her lips. She climbed onto her grandfather’s lap and took her own sandwich “Halmeoni, Joongie, and JaeEun make the best sandwiches.” Wooyoung stated, munching on his third sandwich. Jaejoong gave him and JaeEun a cup of water so they wouldn’t choke.

“What about me?” Yunho questioned. Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“You can’t make sandwiches.” Wooyoung argued.

“Tch, yes I can. They’re easy to make.”

“Nuh Uh. Joongie said that you’re bad at making sandwiches.” Wooyoung told him. “What?” Yunho looked at Jaejoong, feeling betrayed. “It’s true.” Jaejoong smirked. Wooyoung laughed, “Told you.” He said reaching for his fourth sandwiches. “Slow down Wooyoung, drink your water so you won’t choke.” Jaejoong said a concerned that his grandson would choke.

“I don’t like water.” Wooyoung refused. “You have to drink it Wooyoung or you’ll choke.” JaeEun told him. The fire prince pouted folding his arms refusing to drink his water. King Jung smiled at the scene as Jaejoong and JaeEun tried feed Wooyoung his water. He couldn’t help but let a laugh escape his lips, “Wooyoung you have an appetite just like your father.”

At that moment there was a knock on the door. “Come in!” Wooyoung called before Yunho could.

The large door opened, and the servant entered, “King and Consort Jung, your son is here to pick up Princess JaeEun and Prince Wooyoung.” She bowed. King Jung frowned at this, “Already? Tell him that we’re not here. That we went out and to come back later.” He brushed off.

Before the servant could respond the large doors opened anyway. “Nice try dad.” Daehyun walked in.

“Appa!” The twins cheered, running to their father. Daehyun knelt down and hugged his children. “Did you miss me?” “Neh~.” They answered in unison. Yunho scoffed as he and Jaejoong stood up to greet their son. The twins had slept over at the palace for the past two nights to visit their grandparents and uncle.

After the twins were born, Daehyun and Youngjae moved out the palace. It was Daehyun’s wish to move out. He didn’t want to live the palace life, anymore, and nor did he want his children to grow up in the palace either.

Jaejoong and Daehyun gave each other a hug in greeting. Yunho smiled, he was glad to see that the two’s relationship was restored, and they were getting along, nothing made him happier than to see his family finally happy together. Even Sunghak had restored his relationship with Jaejoong after learning the truth.

“Appa! Look what grandpa gave me.” Wooyoung pulled out a dagger from his pocket.

Daehyun and Jaejoong’s eyes widened.

“That was supposed to be a secret.” Yunho whispered to the 5-year-old. Wooyoung made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth, “Oopsies.”

Jaejoong frowned at Yunho.

“Oooooh~, Halabeoji is in trouble.” JaeEun cooed. “Ooooooh~,” Wooyoung joined in.

“I thought I told you to stop giving them gifts after you gave JaeEun a pink ninja star for their 4th birthday.” Daehyun reminded, picking up his daughter. “Yeah, Yeah.” Yunho brushed off. “Why don’t you guys move back?” He said, changing subjects.

“No Dad. I already told you.” Daehyun turned down firmly.

“Daehyun this is more than me wanting you back. It’s about the-,” “Why don’t you guys talk about this later.” Jaejoong cut Yunho off, knowing that it was only going to turn into a heated argument. “You guys need to get ready for your trip tomorrow to the Earth Kingdom. You two can talk about it another time.” Jaejoong reminded.

The two gave in and said their goodbyes. “You guys are coming too, right?” Daehyun asked. Jaejoong nodded, “We’ll leave at the end of the week.” He answered. Daehyun nodded and left the room with his children.

 

Jaejoong turned to King Jung once they were gone. “What?” Yunho questioned. “Just a wooden sword, huh?” Jaejoong scoffed. Yunho shrugged, not se

Please log in to read the full chapter