The Party 2/2

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What are we doing here?” Yongguk laughed, not understanding why they were hidden behind the stairway. Junhong smiled, his hands behind his back. “Because it’s something I wanted to tell you in private.” He said, a light blush dusted his cheeks. Yongguk raised an eyebrow at this. Junhong took a deep breath before continuing. “I don’t know if you noticed, but I really like you. Like a lot.” Junhong rubbed his wrist.

“I’ve always looked up to you and admire you a lot. That’s why I don’t want you to see me as a kid or some kind of chore or job. I want you to see me as someone that you can be proud of and as a strong person. I don’t want anything from you. Your presence is always more than enough for me.” Junhong smiled to himself a little and looked Yongguk in the eye with confidence, “I want to be more than just prince and knight. And more than friends. I know it’s not normal and maybe even not allowed, but I don’t care about that. You’re the only one I like and the only one that makes me feel the way I feel and you’re the only one that’ll ever make me feel this way.”

Yongguk was caught by surprise by the crowned prince’s confession. He cared for the prince a lot, and never wanted anything bad to happen to him. But he never imagined as going that far with the prince, because of who he really is. But at the same time, he couldn’t imagine harming him or even leaving him. But tonight, was to be the last night with him.

Yongguk’s heart sunk to the pit of his stomach as the reality of everything hit him. “You don’t have to answer me tonight. In fact, you don’t have to answer me at all. I just wanted you to know.” Junhong smiled sincerely, content with his words.

For the first time in years, Yongguk’s eyes stung.

He spotted Jaebum from the corner of his eye, leaving the ballroom. Yongguk assumed that he was going to get Youngjae.

That was his signal.

Yongguk sighed. He wanted to be honest but at the same time he didn’t want to hurt him. “Zelo.” Yongguk pulled the rope necklace from over his head and carefully placed it over the prince’s head.

Junhong stared at him in confusion. “I don’t deserve this.” Yongguk began. “I care for you with everything in me and I’m not saying that because I’m your guard. You’re the first person I’ve ever cared for and that I’ve ever kept in my heart. But I wish for that reason that you never liked me.”

“Huh?”

“I’m not good at anything but hurting people. What I’m trying to say is to not trust me. You need to erase every good thought about me. I am not someone you should look up to. Instead, you should be looking down on me.”

Junhong was confused and didn’t understand the words coming from the guard’s mouth. Yongguk noticed this and gave him a weak smile. “If I could start my life over, I would. But for now, this is my life.” Yongguk sighed, beginning to hate himself.

“Y-Yongguk, what are you talking about?” Junhong was completely lost. The elder never opened up to him like this about his feelings before, but his words only made him concerned. “You may never be able to trust me after this, but I need you to promise me something.” Yongguk said.

“Yongguk, what’s happening?” Junhong whimpered.

“Junhong, just trust me this last time and promise that you’ll do this for me.” Yongguk nearly begged.

Junhong was scared, this was out of character for the knight, but he could see the desperation in the elder’s eyes. “I-I promise.” He gave in.

“Promise me you’ll stay here for the next half hour. You must stay hidden for no less than 30 minutes.”

“What? I’ll miss half an hour of my party.”

“Junhong please. You promised.”

“F-Fine. But what’s going on Yongguk? Is something wrong?”

Yongguk only smiled at him, “There are bad people out there right now, doing bad things. And I don’t want them to get you.” He said. Junhong’s eyes widened, “Who? What are they doing?” He panicked.

“Goodbye Junhong.” Yongguk caressed the prince’s hair one last time. “You really do look amazing tonight.” He whispered and with that he left the prince and disappeared into the crowd.

“Yongguk!” Junhong called, but the elder was already gone. Junhong frowned but kept his promise and stayed hidden. However, he peeked out from behind the corner and searched for the elder with his eyes. He prayed deep down that Yongguk wasn’t going to do anything dangerous.

 

Kikwang wandered through the crowd, still searching for Doojoon. He needed to clear things up. “Doojoon!” He called. He was upset that the elder didn’t let him speak and jumped to conclusions. But he was angrier that Wonho had the audacity to try to talk to him and even touch him. “That ing bastard.” He cursed. “What’s his problem?” The more he thought about it, the angrier he became. But his thoughts were soon interrupted by someone calling his name, “Prince Kikwang.”

He looked up and saw that it was Bang. Kikwang looked at him confused, “Aren’t you Junhong’s guard?” he questioned.

Yongguk only bowed in response. “I spotted Prince Youngjae run out the ballroom. He didn’t look too well.” He informed. Kikwang’s eyes slightly widened, “Where is he? Take me to him.” He ordered. “Yes, your highness. Please follow me quickly.” Yongguk turned around and led the way.

Kikwang followed close behind him, several thoughts ran through his mind. How could I not have been watching over him? He said he was just tired, but of course he wouldn’t tell the truth. Kikwang cursed himself but prayed that it wasn’t anything bad.

“Where did he go?” Kikwang asked once they were out the ballroom. “I believe he went that way.” Yongguk pointed to the bathroom. Kikwang immediately took the lead and headed straight to the bathroom.

Yongguk crept behind him and before the prince could turn the door knob, he grabbed him and covered his nose and mouth with a folded white cloth. Kikwang could barely fight back before he lost consciousness.

Jaebum opened the bathroom door, hearing the commotion outside. “Ready?” He walked out with an unconscious Youngjae in his arms, followed by Misae. Yongguk nodded, lifting Kikwang’s arm over his shoulders. “Good. We need to hurry. Jongin is outside waiting with the wagon.” Jaebum said.

The two turned to the woman and thanked her. “Are you coming with us?” Yongguk asked her. “No. Changmin will come and get me after the party. I will see you two later.” She said. The two nodded before finally sneaking away with the fertile princes.

 

Junhong witnessed Yongguk and Kikwang leave the ballroom. “What is he doing with Kikwang?” He thought out loud. He didn’t understand what was going on. He assumed that Yongguk was taking him to a safe place too. He looked around and saw that Youngjae was gone as well. Was he in hiding too? Are the outcasts here? Fear grew within him, however, deep down he had a greater fear that he was wrong and that it was much worse than he thought.

 

Wonho pushed through the guests. He’d lost track of Kikwang. The elder moved fast with the intent of losing him. The noble let out a sigh but was determined to find and talk to the prince and fast. “Where did he go?” He mumbled, he was sure that he would’ve at least seen a glimpse of him, but there was no sign of the elder at all.

It wasn’t until another minute later when he caught sight of Doojoon leaning against the wall by himself. Wonho pushed out the crowd and jogged up to the Earth prince. “Have you seen Kikwang?” he asked, getting straight to business.

Doojoon rolled his eyes at the heir’s abruptness and lack of honorifics. He ignored him. “Doojoon, I need to know where Kikwang is. This is important.” Wonho urged. “How am I supposed to know? I thought he was with you.” Doojoon sneered venomously. He pushed off the wall about to walk away when Wonho grabbed his arm.

Doojoon sent him a death glare. “Are you asking to die?” He growled. “No, but Kikwang might.” Wonho shot back.

Doojoon was thrown into confusion by is response. “What?”

“I was trying to warn Kikwang, but he wouldn’t give me the chance to speak, then you came, and he stormed off to look for you.” Wonho began. “What are you talking about?” Doojoon narrowed his eyes at him.

“There are outcasts at this party. I don’t know how many, but they infiltrated the Sunshine security and are posing as knights. They’re here to kidnap the fertile princes here, but their biggest targets are the fertile princes of the Earth and Fire kingdom. I came to warn you guys. You can’t leave Kikwang alone.” Wonho explained.

Doojoon blinked dumbfounded by the news. He didn’t know how Wonho knew all this. He was going to question him when a thought crossed his mind. “Youngjae.” He gasped.

“Who?” Wonho questioned.

“I need to check on Youngjae.” Doojoon pushed past the younger and ran toward where the said prince was seated. He cursed himself internally, he was so angry and hurt by what he saw that he forgot his original task. He prayed that Wonho was wrong.

Nevertheless, when they arrived at the tables, Youngjae was gone.

In fact, no one was sitting at any of the tables. Doojoon’s stomach twisted. He spun around to face Wonho who followed him. “did you see Youngjae?” He asked in vain. Wonho shook his head. Doojoon felt sick, “He’s Kikwang’s brother. If he’s gone then Kik must be…” He didn’t want to believe it.

 

Junhong began to feel anxious. Something in his gut didn’t feel right. He spotted Doojoon and Wonho by the tables where Youngjae had been, talking seriously to eac other. “Shouldn’t Doojoon be with Kik if he’s in danger?” He thought aloud. The young prince couldn’t handle the suspense anymore and ran out of hiding to join Doojoon and Wonho. He didn’t like the look on either of their faces when he approached them. “What’s going on?” He asked.

Doojoon was relieved when he saw the Sunshine prince. “have you seen Youngjae?” He asked instead. Junhong shook his head.

“Or Kikwang?”

“I saw him walk out the ballroom with Yongguk a few minutes ago.” Junhong informed. Doojoon looked at Wonho, “Could he be one of the undercover guards that you were talking about?” He questioned. “I don’t know. But we have to go.” Wonho said about to take off. “Wait! What are you guys talking about? What’s going on?” Junhong questioned.

“Apparently outcasts have infiltrated security and are out to kidnap Kikwang and Youngjae.” Doojoon explained. Junhong’s eyes widened at the news, “you don’t think Yongguk is one of them?” He whispered hesitantly.

“I don’t know.” Do

Please log in to read the full chapter