It Will Rain

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

~One Week Later~

Yoseob hurried through the halls until he arrived at Jaejoong’s study. He knocked on the door urgently.

“Oh, Yoseob, what is it?” Jaejoong answered the door seconds later.

“They’re here.” Yoseob informed him.

Jaejoong’s eyes widened. He stopped what he was doing and dashed out the room, immediately followed by Yoseob. They ran out the front doors where servants and guards were already gathered to meet their guests.

Sunghak climbed off his horse first, the others doing the same. Jaejoong walked up to them and bowed. “I’m glad to see that you guys returned safely.” He said in relief. They bowed their heads in response (with the exception of Sunghak).

Jaejoong smiled when his eyes landed on Kikwang, “It’s nice to see you again Prince Kikwang.” He said sincerely. Kikwang could only bow his head a second time, less enthusiastic than the negotiator. He was upset that he was taken to the fire kingdom, rather than joining Daehyun and Yongguk. But he understood that his presence wouldn’t be much help. The outcasts would only use him against Youngjae, to force Youngjae to do whatever they say. Just as they did when they were trapped in the abandoned motel.

Jaejoong’s eyes canned the group carefully. He furrowed his brow, “Where are Prince Youngjae and Prince Daehyun?” He finally asked, afraid that he knew the answer.

“They aren’t here. We…We couldn’t get Youngjae.” Doojoon was the one to answer.

Jaejoong’s heart dropped to the pit of his stomach, but he remained composed. “You guys can explain later. First you need to rest. I know you’re exhausted.” He gave them a small smile. Both Doojoon and Kikwang were surprised by how comforting the negotiator’s smile was.

Sunghak didn’t waste time and marched into his home. Yoseob led Jongin to his guest room.

“Prince Kikwang. If you don’t mind, I’d like to take you to our infirmary, so we can check on you.” Jaejoong offered. “Sure.” Kikwang accepted the offer. “prince Doojoon you’re welcome to join us.” Jaejoong said knowingly. “Thank you.” The crowned Earth Prince thanked and the two followed the ravenous man into the palace.

 

 

Nurses were already waiting in the infirmary when they arrived. They immediately checked Kikwang’s temperature and pulse. The nurses asked him several questions about how felt and what they fed him and if he was poisoned and so on. They performed a physical on him as well.

“It seems that you’re just tender on your wrists and ankles. You’ll need a lot of rest and to eat properly the next few days also. But other than that, you’re perfectly fine.” Jaejoong said once the nurses left. “And I believe Prince Doojoon will need a lot of rest as well.” He joked, referring to the crowned prince who’d fallen asleep in the chair.

“Thank you.” Kikwang thanked him.

“My pleasure. Here., I made you a detox tea to help cleanse you from whatever they gave you that made you unable to walk when they took you.” Jaejoong handed the prince a glass cup.

Kikwang thanked him once more. He felt completely at ease and relaxed in the negotiator’s presence. He was grateful for the man. Not only for what he’s done for him, but also for taking care of his brother and becoming his close friend and confidant. “You probably want to know about Youngjae.” Kikwang finally said.

Jaejoong nodded, “But you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. I understand.”

“No. I want to. I’m worried for him.” Kikwang confessed.

Jaejoong nodded in understanding and sat down on the stool closest to the bed.

Kikwang took a deep breath, unsure of where to start. “He…he would cough a lot and it’d just keep getting worse. It got to the point where sometimes he’d cough up blood.” Kikwang said quietly.

Jaejoong did his best to hide his worry, to not worry the prince any further.

“He kept saying that he was cold, even though it was warm in the first cell we were in. And he kept getting colder and colder. I didn’t know what was going on.” Kikwang continued, getting more frustrated at the thought. “He was freezing. Even his skin was cold.”

Jaejoong nodded. That wasn’t good news.

“He was in so much pain. He could barely move at times.” Kikwang looked at him with teary eyes. Jaejoong let out a sigh, “This isn’t good. Youngjae is pregnant with twins. And their state affects him. Usually it has little affect, however, because of his conditions the effects are severe.” He began.

Kikwang froze, “Twins?”

Jaejoong nodded. “It seems that one of them is of the snow element and the other of the fire element. Something is wrong with the child of the fire element. He needs Daehyun, because he’s the father. He’ll be able to help provide that balance. But he needs to get to them soon.” Jaejoong explained. “If you don’t mind me asking, where are Daehyun and Youngjae.”

“The outcasts were able to get away with Youngjae. So, Daehyun and Yongguk went to chase them.” Kikwang answered. His shoulders dropped, still upset that they left while he was asleep. “Yongguk?” Jaejoong repeated. “Just someone who’s helping.” Kikwang muttered, not wanting to go into details about how he was the one who kidnapped him. He vowed to get his revenge on the ex-guard when he returns. He didn’t tell Doojoon that he was the outcast who kidnapped him, because he wanted to have him for himself. “The rest of us made our way back here and dropped Junhong home on our way here.” He finished.

“Prince Junhong was with you guys?” Jaejoong said surprised and relieved at the same time. Jiyong had sent them a letter concerning their only son, wondering where he was.

Kikwang nodded.

Jaejoong made a mental note to find out what happened and write Jiyong back and explain.

“Thank you.” Kikwang suddenly thanked him, throwing him off guard. “You really helped Youngjae a lot. He wrote a lot about you and how grateful he was to have you there.” Kikwang explained. Jaejoong was touched, “I hardly deserve a thank you. If I’d stayed in the palace this could’ve been prevented.” Guilt weighed heavy on his shoulders. He hadn’t been able to sleep since Youngjae left to the Sunshine Kingdom.

“I can never forgive myself.” He whispered, but Kikwang heard him anyway. “Don’t say that. You already did so much for him. I don’t think any of this was your fault. The results could’ve been the same if you came with him or not. And he wouldn’t want you to blame yourself.” Kikwang told him.

Jaejoong wasn’t convinced but nodded anyway. “But, I can fix it.” He spoke firmly. He knew what he’d have to do. Kikwang looked at him in confusion, but before he could say anything three guards entered the infirmary immediately posting by the door.

Doojoon slowly woke up, hearing the loud shuffle and the slamming of the door from the intruders. “What’s going on?” Jaejoong questioned them. The three guards bowed before answering. “We’ve been sent to guard the three of you.” The center guard answered. Jaejoong studied them carefully. “From what?”

“Lord Changmin. He has come to meet with his majesty.”

Kikwang’s eyes widened, “That creep?”

“He’s here?” Doojoon sat up in his seat surprised.

The three guards nodded.

Jaejoong ran his fingers through his hair just as surprised and worried. “I have to go.” He stood up from the stool. However, the guard blocked his path. He bowed his head, “I’m sorry Sir Jaejoong. We were ordered to make sure that you do not get involved.”

Jaejoong frowned but wasn’t surprised.

 

 

King Jung stared at him, arms folded. It was silent between them. They were sat at a long table, sitting directly across from each other. Yoochun entered the throne room and placed a cup of tea in front of both men. “Thank you Yoochun. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Lord Changmin smiled crookedly at the elder. “You can choke.” Yoochun sneered. “Your tongue is as sharp as always.” Changmin laughed, picking up his cup of tea. “You didn’t poison this, did you?” He questioned. “I don’t know why don’t you try it? I might’ve sp-,” “Yoochun leave us.” King Jung cut the head servant off. Yoochun clicked his tongue before reluctantly leaving the throne room.

Only King Jung and Lord Changmin were sat in the room, with Junsu posted at the door. Changmin smirked, taking a sip from his glass cup. Yunho sent him a sharp glare. “You have some audacity showing up here after what you’ve done a few nights ago.”

“You mean the night that you broke into my house?” Changmin recalled. “This is my kingdom and you’ve been outcasted out of it. That house does not belong to you.” Yunho growled. Changmin shrugged, “Did you say something similar to Jaejoong? Is that why he moved back out his house here? I heard he tried to move out not too long ago.” He took another sip.

“Do you want to die?!” Yunho snapped, slamming his fist on the table.

Changmin remained unphased and took a third sip from his cup. He was use to the King’s outbursts of rage, “Kill me and you won’t get your prince back.”

Yunho forced his body to relax and leaned back in his seat. “If I were to have it my way, I’d kill you on the spot and search for the prince myself.” He sneered. “But you don’t care about him enough to do that, now do you?” Changmin tilted his head with a menacing smile.

“What do you want?” Yunho asked, not wanting to deal with the younger any longer than he has to.

“I won’t discuss any negotiations without Jaejoong.” Changmin said.

Yunho’s frown deepened, “You can’t be serious.”

Changmin put down his cup, his smile fading, “He is the nation’s negotiator, is he not? Otherwise I’ll just leave.”

 

 

Daehyun and Yongguk crawled behind a large boulder, surrounded by tall grass. They were only meters away from the group of outcasts. The group had settled for camp for the night before they pass the fire kingdom. All the members were fast asleep with the exception of two look-outs.

Yongguk peered over the rock before settling back down. “He’s on the far end in the wagon.” He informed. “You get the prince and I’ll wa

Please log in to read the full chapter