Gone

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

I groaned, rolling on the ground.

Wait…the ground?

I slowly opened my eyes. It was blurry at first and the lighting in the room was dim. “Where am I?” I mumbled still out of it. “What happened?”

It wasn’t until another minute later when it all came back to me. I followed Junhong’s personal guard out the ballroom to check on Youngjae. I was about to go into the bathroom when someone grabbed me and then everything went black.

My eyes grew wide. I never got to check on Youngjae!

I shot up from the ground and looked around the dimly lit area.

My eyes grew even wider and my body froze. I was inside a jail cell! I was surrounded by thick clay walls and steel bars were lined firmly in front of me. It felt slightly chilly with a warm breeze here and there. I looked down next to me to find Youngjae lying on the ground fast asleep.

I was somewhat relieved to see him, but nervous at the same time. This place didn’t look promising.

“Youngjae.” I whispered, but he didn’t respond. He didn’t even move. “Youngjae, wake up.” I tried again only to get the same result. I gently shook his body, “Youngjae. Please wake up.” I urged. It took a few more shakes before he started to whimper.

“Kikwang?” he yawned, his eyes slowly opened. “Kikwang, I had the…” However, his voice trialed. His eyes slowly grew as they darted around the room. Worry and fear morphed on his face. “K-Kwang?” He carefully sat up.

He hunched over in pain after sitting all the way up. “Youngjae, are you okay?”

Before he could respond, footsteps echoed throughout the room. We both froze. Youngjae quickly shifted flosser to me as the footsteps grew louder. I scooted slightly in front of him.

“So, you guys are finally up.” A tall man appeared in the dim lighting. He looked fairly young and had dark brown hair cut neatly. He wore a pure white shirt, and dark leather pants and jacket to match. His face almost looked friendly, if it wasn’t for the menacing look in his eyes. He studied Youngjae and I, looking too pleased.

Two other men followed behind him. I recognized one of them as Junhong’s body guard, Yongguk.

Youngjae shivered behind me, not appreciating the tall man’s stares. “Awe~, don’t be scared. I’m not going to hurt you.” The man smiled, sensing his fear.

“Where are we?” I asked firmly.

The man only laughed. “I doubt that information is useful to you. It’s not like you can do anything with it.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Tell me where we are now.” I demanded. However, the man continued to laugh anyway. “You’re in my world now. And in my world, I don’t have to answer to anything you say.” He said. I gritted my teeth in irritation. “Who are you?”

“Now that’s a good question.” The man smirked. “You’ve probably heard of me, but I am Lee Changmin.” He introduced with an overexaggerated bow. The name did sound familiar. “Aren’t you like King of the outcasts or something?” I questioned. The man smiled, seemingly pleased by my words. “Something like that.” He nodded.

I frowned, everything was coming together now. They somehow kidnapped us. “Let us go now.” I demanded.

“Now you know I can’t do that. You two are worth way too much. Especially since your brother is pregnant.” Changmin said.

I sat there dumbfounded, “What?”

“Oh? You didn’t know?” Changmin questioned, sounding much amused.

I turned to look at Youngjae who was now red in the face. “I’m sorry.” He could barely muster. I was lost for words, but I turned back around to face the guild leader. I’ll deal with that later. “Let us out now or suffer the consequences.” I threatened.

“And what consequences will that be? No one will be able to find you here. And you couldn’t even keep yourself from getting kidnapped.” Changmin said. “You don’t know who you’re messing with.” I growled. I stood to my feet and ran to the bars. But as soon as I took one step, my legs gave out and I fell to the floor.

“What the ?” I attempted to push myself back up but couldn’t stand. Changmin let out a loud laugh and knelt down to my level. “Oh, I did my research. I know exactly who you are.” He smirked. “That’s why I’ve come prepared.”

I glared at him, my breathing became heavy. “You’re going to pay for this. Once this wears off and I get out, I swear I’ll make you pay.” I threatened.

Changmin only smiled. It was weird. It was like he was pleased with my theat. “You’re prettier in person.” He turned his head to the side studying me. He reached his hand through the bars and lifted my chin with his finger. “And even better when you’re awake. I might just keep you for myself.” He sounded somewhat tempted by the idea.

“I will bite you.” I threatened.

The man retreated his hand and stood up. “Food will be brought to you later. Get comfortable, because you’ll be here for a while.” And with that, Changmin his heels and walked back in the direction he came from. I glared at the Yongguk guy as he followed Changmin.

“ing bastards.” I cursed once they were gone.

“Are you okay?” Youngjae asked.

I slowly turned around to face him. I rested my back against the bars. Youngjae crawled over to me. “You’re asking me if I’m okay?” I said.

The younger held his head down. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” I could tell he was on the verge of panicking. His reaction was somewhat strange. “Youngjae. I’m not mad at you.” I said. He lifted his head at my words. “You’re not?” He asked a bit surprised.

“I’m surprised too.” I forced a smile in an attempt to make him feel better. “But right now, we have more important things to worry about. So, you got lucky.” I said. He nodded in understanding.

“Does he know?” I asked already knowing who it was.

Youngjae went silent.

“Youngjae?”

He slowly shook his head. “No.”

My eyes widened. “What? Why not? Why didn’t you tell him?” Youngjae trembled his eyes water. “Because…he…he’ll hate me.” He said quietly.

I frowned, “Why would he hate you? Did something happen? Is that why he didn’t go with you to the party?” I interrogated him, but he only shook his head. “I can’t tell you.” He said.

“Youngjae, you can tell me. Especially if it bothers you.” I told him.

“I can’t.”

“Youngjae.”

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay.” He forced a weak smile.

I let out a sigh, not wanting to force him. “Fine.” I reluctantly gave in. he seemed somewhat relieved by this.

“How are you feeling?” I decided to ask instead.

“Just a little cold.” He admitted.

I furrowed my brow but didn’t think much of it. It was probably a side effect of pregnancy or something. Even I still don’t know how it all worked. I shrugged off my suit blazer and handed it to him. “What about you?” He asked. “I’m not cold. I’m a snow person.” I winked, successfully making him laugh.

“Let’s get some rest.” I said. “We’ll figure out how to get out of here once this stuff wears off. There’s nothing we can do now.”

I laid down on the ground and Youngjae laid close to me. He fell asleep a few minutes later. He must’ve been exhausted.

I stared at the ceiling. I had to get us out of here, or at least Youngjae. Who knows how long it’ll be before the others find us? And I couldn’t risk Youngjae getting sick here...if it’s not too late.

 

*Doojoon’s POV*

I rode to the fire kingdom with Junhong, Yoseob, Kyungsoo, and Jongin in the carriage that Youngjae had taken to the Sunshine Kingdom. The servants of the fire palace were surprised when we arrived at the palace entrance. It was obvious that they were expecting Youngjae.

A pretty man with ravenous hair immediately walked out the palace doors. He looked familiar. I remember seeing him and King Jang when they were at our wedding. I assumed that he was the consort of the fire nation. But Junhong told me otherwise. The pretty man paused when he approached us. “Prince Junhong? Prince Doojoon?” he questioned surprised but bowed anyway.

“Where’s Prince Youngjae?” He asked.

“That’s why we’re here.” I said.

He did not like my response.

“I need to speak to Jaejoong.” I told him. “That’s me. Come with me.” He instructed. I nodded and the five of us followed him inside. I’d never been inside the fire palace before. It was surprisingly elegant with its own lavishness to it.

Jaejoong led us throughout the palace all the way to his study. The study was small but cozy at the same time, with only one other chair across from the desk. I sat down while the others stood.

Jaejoong made each of us a cup of tea before sitting down in his own seat. “Tell me what happened.” He went straight business.

I explained to him everything that Wonho told me and about the tracks we found the night of the party. I also told him about Youngjae’s coughing before I left him alone. Junhong told him about what he witnessed when he saw Kikwang leave the ballroom with his personal guard, Yongguk.

At the end of our story, the slender man grew pale. “My parents already sent a search party and sent letters to the other Kingdoms to alert them.” Junhong informed. However, the information didn’t seem to calm Jaejoong at all. I couldn’t help but wonder if he knew.

“Consort Choi pulled me aside and told me that he sensed that Youngjae was pregnant. That’s why he told me to ask to speak to you first. D

Please log in to read the full chapter