Wrong

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

I stood in Youngjae’s room, taking in one last glance. Both of our rooms were now empty, and I doubted that either of us will be returning any time soon. At least not until Hyungseung becomes king. And I wasn’t going to miss this place until then.

Of course, I’ll miss Hyungseung, YeEun, Ms. Yoo, and even Ryeowook. I’ll also miss the snow and the people. But I won’t miss the palace nor the life inside the palace.

I sighed. It was weird with Youngjae gone. It felt empty and cold. My entire time here I spent alone. Hyungseung was busy as usual, but he skipped some of his lessons, so we could eat lunch together every now and then. He asked me a lot about the Earth Kingdom’s politics, in which I could barely answer any of them.

YeEun (surprisingly) skipped some of her lessons as well. We spent our time competing in games and visiting the people of the kingdom. Unlike Hyungseung, she asked me a lot about Doojoon. I gladly exposed what an idiot he really is, but she didn’t believe me.

I also visited Ms. Yoo at her home. I told her about everything that happened when I was at the Earth Kingdom. She was highly amused by my stories. It was obvious that she had been stressed and worried about Youngjae, so I was glad that I could make her laugh.

During my time alone, I practiced what Wonho taught me, roamed he city, and went through my mother’s belongings to take with me. King and Queen Jang left me alone. As usual Queen Jang and I ignored each other’s existence. Every now and then, King Jang attempted friendly conversation, but always greeted me when we crossed paths.

I ate dinner alone, sometimes I ate with Hyungseung and YeEun, but they were busy, and I was free from all my lessons.

Honestly, I missed the Earth Kingdom. I missed the warm family feeling within the palace. I missed Queen Yoon’s overdramatic greetings and tight hugs. I missed Bora’s endless taunting and dragging me everywhere. I missed King Yoon’s grandpa-like presence. I missed teasing Himchan and his sassy nature. And although I made a promise to Doojoon, I still missed Wonho.

“Yah! Kik. You’re gonna make us late.” YeEun stepped into the room, a slight smirk on her face. “I’m coming.” I brushed her off. I took one last glance into the room before following her out.

“Ugh. I’m tired of travelling.” I groaned, not excited about the trip. “It’ll be your last time travelling this far for a month.” YeEun smiled. I looked at her. “Why does it seem like you’re excited about me leaving?”

“Because I get to meet Prince Doojoon.” She simply said. I rolled my eyes, I still don’ understand the hype about him. “There’s nothing special about him. He’s actually just a nerd, totally not cool.” I said. She scoffed, still not convinced.

“Prince Kikwang. Princess YeEun.” Ryeowook and Shindong bowed as we approached the front doors. “Looks like you found him.” Ryeowook teased. YeEun nodded. “I’m going to actually miss you guys.” I responded. “Don’t think you escaped your lessons. The headmaster over there, Kyuhyun, and I are close friends. And I’ve warned him about you.” Ryeowook said. I scoffed, “Shindong, keep a close eye on him, he may end up forcing the entire kingdom to attend his lectures while we’re gone.” I said to the head servant.

Shindong laughed at this, “We’ll watch over the kingdom well. Until the royal family returns.” He promised. I gave them both farewell hugs, truly thankful for all they’ve done, despite all the trouble I caused them. “You’ll do well.” Ryeowook winked. With that YeEun and I exited the palace.

The front palace was packed as servants ran around, making sure everything was set. Our best knights positioned themselves for our departure. Three carriages were set up. One for the King and Queen, one for Hyungseung and YeEun, and one for myself. Three large wagons had also been prepared. Two were full of our belongings and supplies, and the third was full of jewels and gifts (curtesy of the snow kingdom).

I smiled when I saw Ms. Yoo helping the servants prepare the last preparations. “Kikwang.” She gasped when I hugged her. “Hi.” I greeted. She shook her head, laughing a little. “Where have you been? We’re about to leave.” She said. I shrugged, “It doesn’t matter. I’m here now.” She shook her head once more. “Come on.” She said, leading me to the carriage.

Royal weddings were highly traditional, especially at the Earth Kingdom. Therefore, the parents also played a roll at the wedding. However, I did not want Queen Jang to take the place of my mother, instead I insisted on having Ms. Yoo there. She was practically my mother anyway. King and Queen Jang were reluctant but gave in eventually. I had Ms. Yoo share a carriage with me, not trusting what kind of set up Queen Jang would’ve had for her.

I let Ms. Yoo enter the carriage first before getting in myself. “Wow. It’s been a while since I’ve been in anything close to be this fancy.” She said, observing the interior. I sat in the long-cushioned seat across from her. “Sometimes I forget that you’re from a noble family.” I teased. “Me too.” She laughed.

At that moment a loud trumpet sounded and a minute later our carriage began to move. The King’s and Queen’s carriage went out the gates first, then Hyungseung and YeEun, and then ours.

My eyes widened as I looked out the window. Outside the gates and beyond were crowded. There were so many people, it was as if the whole kingdom was here. I waved to as many people as I could, wanting to wave to every single person. I really was going to miss the people here. They were truly good people.

“I still don’t understand how you were able to get their highnesses to allow me toto be part of your wedding.” Ms. Yoo said, staring out the window as we passed through the city. I shrugged, “I fought for it. I didn’t back down. And I may have threatened to go to Queen Yoon.” I said. She looked at me, “Kikwang. You shouldn’t threaten them. You should still treat them with the same respect as you did before.” She lectured. “Why? I don’t live under their rule anymore. If you think about it, their fate is in my hands if they want a good relationship with the Earth Kingdom.” I said.

She shook her head, “You don’t want to make enemies. It may come back to bite you in the .” She said. I shrugged. “I can care less if they see me as an enemy. They’re already an enemy to me.” I grumbled. “I’ll never forgive them.” I narrowed my eyes, looking out the window.

Ms. Yoo let out a sigh. “You don’t have to be angry at them anymore. You’ll be at the Earth Kingdom. You no longer have to deal with them.” She said. I bawled my fist at this. “What about my mother? What about Youngjae?” I gritted.

“Kikwang, your mother left on her own terms. I don’t know where she is, but I know she’s safe. King and Queen Jang can’t touch her.” Ms. Yoo smiled.

However, I wasn’t convinced.

“…And Youngjae…” She paused for a moment.

I looked at her.

“He’s happy.” A smile grew on her lips. “Of course, I worry. But I have a friend there that’s taking better care of him than I ever could. And Youngjae, he’s living. He’s learning so much and living.” Her eyes watered a little.

My body relaxed at her words. She was right. Youngjae is happy. If he stayed here, he would’ve been alone. And he would’ve been unhappy. “And I’m glad that you are moving to the Earth Kingdom, so you can let go of your anger and live freely and happily.” I know you’ll do wonderful things at the Earth Kingdom. And I’m honored to be part of your wedding and to have been part of your life.” She patted my knee.

I didn’t like the sound of her words. “What about you? What are you doing now that Youngjae and I are gone. Are you going to move?” I asked her. “No. I’m going t stay here.” She said. “What? Why? You’ll be stuck under that witch’s rule.” I said. “She doesn’t bother me, and I believe I’m meant to be here. I’ve made friends with the people here. And I’m sure you and Youngjae are going to want a place to stay when you come for The Week of First Snow.” She winked with a smile. She seemed content with the idea, so I didn’t bother to argue, though I preferred for her to move somewhere else. Anywhere but here. I don’t want anything to happen to her.

Please log in to read the full chapter