Epilogue 3: All The Stars

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

“We’re here!!” JaeEun cheered, running into the one-story home that Daehyun and Youngjae had built in the Snow kingdom, not far from Youngjae’s mother’s house. They arrived early that morning.

Youngjae entered the house next, followed by Daehyun with Wooyoung on his back shivering. “I hate the cold.” Wooyoung shivered as Daehyun locked the door behind them. “I know.” Daehyun agreed.

“I don’t like it.” Wooyoung whined, shaking his head. “It’s gonna be okay.” Daehyun assured him, placing him down on the ground. The young prince had an underlying fear toward anything and everything cold. “Just use your inner fire to warm you up. Do you remember how to do that?” Daehyun said. Wooyoung nodded. “Good. Do that and you’ll be fine, okay?” Daehyun assured him. “yes Appa.” Wooyoung said, his body slowly stopping the shivers.

“Wooyoung-ah!” JaeEun called to her elder twin. “Let’s wait for the first snow fall.” She ran up to the window. The said prince ran up next to her and the two peered out the window expectantly. Youngjae brought in their things while Daehyun set a fire in the fireplace. Once he finished bringing their belongings inside Youngjae made snacks for JaeEun and Wooyoung to eat while they waited for the first signs of snow. Then he went to his room to shower and change into clean clothes.

The snow prince couldn’t help but smile to himself, he always looked forward to the Week of First Snow, aside from Lovers’ Month it was his favorite celebration of the year and the only time he got to visit the Snow Kingdom.

Youngjae let out a slight sigh as he slipped on his robe and dried his hair with his towel. “What are you think about?” Daehyun asked, entering the bathroom. “Hm? Oh. I was thinking about how much I miss the snow kingdom.” Youngjae confessed, tugging the towel around his neck.

“Do you want to move back?” Daehyun walked up to him, hugging him from behind.

“I can’t move back, it’d break the deal between our kingdoms.” Youngjae reminded. “And even if we could, Wooyoung would hate it here.” He chuckled. Daehyun hummed in response. Youngjae smiled to himself, “but I wouldn’t want to. I’m happy where I am now.”

Daehyun smiled at this and kissed the younger on the lips. “Me too. I’m the happiest I can ever be.”

His smile slowly began to fade, “I’m sorry.’ He suddenly apologized.

“What are you apologizing for?” Youngjae chuckled. “For putting you through all the pain that you had to go through.” Daehyun’s smile turned into a frown. “Daehyun, are you still thinking about that? That was years ago.” Youngjae said. “I can’t help but wonder if things would’ve turned out differently. If you would’ve been in less pain, if things would’ve gone smoother.” Daehyun confessed.

Youngjae smiled and turned to face him. “I think it all turned out better after everything that happened.” He said.

Daehyun looked at him in surprise.

“It’s snowing!!” JaeEun called from the living room. “It’s snowing! The first snow is here!” She cheered. “Does that mean we can play now?!” Wooyoung jumped.

Youngjae’s smile grew in excitement. “Come on. We have a festival to go to.” He slipped from his husband’s arms and ran out the room. Daehyun chuckled to himself before following him out the bathroom.

 

 

The four of them hurried out the home and walked to the city, where the festivities were being held. They were immediately greeted by the people who were excited by their prince’s annual return.

JaeEun, Wooyoung, and Youngjae went to nearly every stand, playing as many games as they could. Wooyoung lightened up, not feeling as cold anymore. The prince was determined to win every game, in which Youngjae allowed him to win in some. JaeEun beat her brother at most of the puzzles while Wooyoung dominated at most of the physical games. Daehyun watched, carrying all the prizes they won.

“Let’s play the boat game.” JaeEun said, already running off toward the pond, followed by Wooyoung.

“Ah~, what a delightful surprise. Hello Princess JaeEun and Hi Prince Wooyoung.” The woman at the stand greeted. “How may I help you?” “We want to make boats!” Wooyoung exclaimed. JaeEun elbowed him in the side. “Wooyoung~, you have to say please.” She corrected.

“Oh. We want to make boats please!” Wooyoung corrected himself.

The woman chuckled, “Of course. Here.” She handed them their supplies. “Thank you.” They thanked and ran off to the pond. The game curator bowed as Daehyun and Youngjae approached the stand.

JaeEun built her own boat with ease, on the other hand, Wooyoung struggled to keep his intact. He frowned when he saw that his sister was already halfway finished with hers. His bottom lip quivered in frustration. “Appa~!” He cried. “My boat keeps breaking.” He turned to Youngjae.

“Do you want me to help you?” Youngjae offered.

“Yeh~.” The little prince sniffled.

Youngjae walked to him and sat on the ground next to him. “That’s not fair that Wooyoung gets help.” JaeEun frowned.

“I’ll help you.” Daehyun said, sitting beside her. But JaeEun was not pleased with this. “Appa~, you can’t build boats.” She frowned.

Daehyun was taken by surprise by her response. “Yes I can.” He argued. “Nuh uh.” JaeEun countered. “Yuh huh.” Daehyun argued back. JaeEun folded h

Please log in to read the full chapter