Chapter 7

Love is easy

"Why didn't you tell me you're coming to Seoul ? " Ha Reum asked as she helped her parents to carry their luggage into the house.

The parents chuckled and stared at her lovingly. 

"Baby, you're all grown up now," Her mother commented and smiled while caressing Ha Reum's hair.

"It's only been 2 weeks plus I left home," Ha Reum smiled before disappearing into the kitchen ,making coffee for the elders.

"So how do you like the house honey ?" Her father asked before sipping the coffee made by her daughter, "Still taste the sweetness," he added 

Ha Reum smiled, "It's okay papa. I love it. Thus, I have nice neighbor too. So it's all settled. You guys are the best parent anyone could ask for " she replied nicely and her parents stared unisonly at her before making a guilty face.

"Actually, we both have something to say Ha Reum-ah," her mother said slowly and Ha Reum could feel the uneasy feeling floating around her mind.

"It's your truth,Ha Reum."

 

 

 

Ha Reum dried her hair with her hair towel before plopping herself on bed again. 

It's been a very long day.

Of crying.

"Ha Reum, I cared for you so much. We both love you so so so much and nothing can ever change that. "Ha Reum's mom stated and she started to tear up with Mr. Song besides her to comfort her up.

"You're adopted honey. And we found you in such a vulnerable state. " Mr Song continued and that, sends mixed emotions to Ha Reum. She already knew about this.

She's adopted, she knew about it. But why does hearing them from her fosters seems to hurt very much ?

"W-what ?" she stuttered and Ha Reum's frown deepened .

"At the age of four, you've involved in a kidnap , and the car of the kidnapper involved in an accident, leaving you , unconcious alone in the incident. It was so miracle. After being treated at the hospital, You're then sent into the orphanage and we adopted you. Maybe you didn't remember the accident part as you're diagnosed with amnesia . At such a young age," Ha Reum's mother said and Ha Reum started weeping too as she saw the hardened face of her parents,trying to control so much to not burst into tears.

"By that age, which was 14. We came back here , Do you remember ? And I thought by that time, I wanted to search for your real parents, Ha Reum-ah. But that time, you know your daddy's company was going to vain in China and 14 is such a young age for you to live alone here. So, after 2 years of living in Korea, we went back to Hong Kong to fix everything up. " Mrs. Song added and Ha Reum wiped her overflowing tears with her shirt's sleeve

"Thank you omma, appa..For taking a very good care of me,"

 

 

 

Ha Reum sighed as she walked at the park again, with her earphone plugged into her ears.

She sat at the same bench that L used to sit at when he sang. Come to think of it, she actually misses that voice of his and like the old saying, 

Speak of the devil

"Song Ha Reum?" L greeted and Ha Reum beamed as she saw the guy carrying his guitar case, smiling at her . 

"L ," she greeted back and the guy sat besides her, well. Still wearing his mask as usual, except for today, he got no sunglasses on and he's wearing a different cap from his usual's.

"Ha Reum, suggest a song. " L said and Ha Reum looked at him with confused manners.

"What ?"

"A song Ha Reum. I noticed you're gloomy these days and I want to cheer you up. " L cut her up and Ha Reum chuckled.

"Wow, these days ? Last time we met is like one week plus ago. Who are you, L ? Stalker ? " Ha Reum asked as she scooted closer to L and check out his guitar. L smiled ,looking at her curious and cute attitude at the same time.

"By the way, an English song ? For life? By D.O ?" Ha Reum said and L chuckled

"Everything for you princess,"he said and Ha Reum's heart skips a beat as he strummed his guitar.

(P/S : I suggest you to hear Kyungsoo's For Life English Version , ottokhae >.< it fits the situation)

L started singing his heart out, eyes completely focused on Ha Reum, who was staring at his completely mesmerizing orbs. 

He kept his gesture simple.

His eyes glinted, adored with the beauty in front of him,

His lips moving along with the heart-capturing lyrics,

His heart probably thumping as hard as it can, 

He loves this beauty at the first sight and it's as if this song, was meant for both of them,

Together .

They were so busy smiling and traveling into each other's 'windows to the soul' as they doesn't even notice the people were crowding over them, also captivated by L's alluring voice

The song ended, and the crowd roared . Just then, Ha Reum was the first one to snap out of her deep stare that she shares with L.

"Thank you everyone," he said and he smiled at Ha Reum who was blushing furiously. She's caught off guard and she knew, she's going to repeat and repeat and repeat the same process again and again.

Maybe, for life.

 

 

"So, Song Ha Reum. Can I have your number ?" L asked as they walked side by side somewhere near the Han River. Ha Reum stared at him before sticking her tongue out.

"What makes you think I'm going to give you?" Ha Reum said and L made a thinking pose.

"Well, you have to because if not, I'm going to make you sing here, right now. " L threatened and Ha Reum scoffed inwardly.

"Yah, don't you dare," she hissed and smacked L's back, making L winced at her powerful smack. Ha Reum held out her cell phone and L made a phone call through her cell phone.

"That's my phone number so if you're sad, feel free to hit me up okay," L said and ruffled her hair childishly. Ha Reum snorted and L handed back her cell phone. 

"By the way, don't forget to smile. I love seeing you smile." His eyes stared at her for a long time. He added,

"So much "

 

 

"Omma, Appa .. I'm home !" Ha Reum hollered as she entered the house and quietly shutting the door closed.

Both her parents were out so she had the house for herself again. She sighed beforw staring at the big wall clock stated on top of the tv. It's 6.34 p.m 

Ha Reum walked up to her room and took showers before continuing her own activity. 

After finish tidying herself up, she heard the door click from below and then she saw her parents along with her neighbour, Oh Sehun.

"Eh Oh Sehun?" Ha Reum hollered from upstairs and went down to help her parents to carr the groceries. 

Sehun chuckled awkwardly and Mrs. Song blinked confusedly. 

"Yah Song Ha Reum, he's older than you a year, you should consider calling him oppa you know," Mrs. Song chided and Ha Reum chuckled.

"Arasseoyo~ omma. Sehun oppa it is," Ha Reum sang and went to disappear at the kitchen, to cook for dinner along with Mrs. Song

 

 

"So emmonim,you just came here yesterday ?" Sehun asked politely as they were all seated together for the dinner. Well, Sehun was invited to join by Mr. Song

Seems like he has been taking quite an interest at Oh Sehun , without knowing he's one of the young Chaebol in Seoul

"Yes, to pay a visit at our daughter before going to America for the holiday, " Mrs Song chirped happily and Ha Reum smiled at the lovely sight of this. 

She's happy like this, she's their only daughter after all and she was treated like a princess.

Hmm,maybe that's why she doesn't like losing. She gets everything after all. Alone .

"So, Sehun , where's your parents ?" Mr. Song asked and Sehun choked his drink . Ha Reum who happens to sit beside him,patted his back softly.

"They're both at Japan. Family business," he replied politely and Mr. Song nodded in approve .

"You do have to consider dating Oh Sehun," Mrs Song sang and it's Ha Reum turn to choke on her drink. She widened her eyes before putting her drink on the table quietly

"He's a good friend omma," Ha Reum said and Sehun chuckled bitterly.

'How do I tell you that I like you a lot Ha Reum-ah?'