016.

Out of the Blue

Jungkook and Eunbi have decided that even though Joohyun and Hyojung know about their relationship it is best to keep things professional at work. Therefore, they continue to hide in the staff room and make sure they do not flaunt their relationship in front of other co-workers. But it was Eunbi's birthday today, her first birthday since they started going out. He should at least wish her but Jungkook has been ignoring her since this morning. 

'Did I do something wrong?' she whispers to herself. 'Ah noona, happy birthday,' Yeonjun, a fellow co-worker, says with a wide smile. 'Thank you Yeonjun, at least you remember,' she replies with a weak smile. 'How are you planning on celebrating this special day?' he asks. 'Nothing. I'm just getting older, that's nothing to celebrate,' she laughs. 'Eyy, you should at least celebrate it with someone special,' he winks.

'If only they remember,' Eunbi sulks. 'Are you okay noona?' Yeonjun asks with worry. 'Yeah .. I'm good. Let's get back to work,' she taps his shoulder and leaves to clean the remaining dirty tables. However, her mind is occupied with Jungkook, why was he acting so weird? No matter how hard she thinks she simply cannot find an answer as to why he's ignoring her. The best way to get an answer is to simply ask straight forward. 

Therefore, she grabs Jungkook during break time and drags him into the staff room. 'Spill,' she says sternly. 'What do you mean?' he asks confused. 'Why have you been ignoring me since this morning? What did I do?' she further questions him. 'I'm not. I just have something to think about. I'm sorry if I have been ignoring you unknowingly babe,' he responds. 'Okay,' her anger seems to have easen up a bit. 'Aren't you forgetting something though?' 

'Am I? I don't think I am. Break time's over, I'll talk to you later cupcake,' he plants a kiss on her forehead and leaves the dumbfounded Eunbi in the staff room. 'Is he freaking kiddidng me right now?' she scoffs. But since Jungkook seemed to be in a dilemma right now, she decided to forgive him. She can always have a talk with him after work when he walks her home. 

After she finished changing her clothes in the staff room she waited for Jungkook but he was nowhere to be seen. Just then her phone buzzed, it was a message from Jungkook. I'm sorry babe but I can't walk you home today. Something came up with my parents and I have to go sort it out right now. I'm really very sorry :( It's okay, Eunbi can walk home by herself but something felt different. 

In the past 11 months that they've been going out Jungkook has never let Eunbi walk home by herself. Has he lost feelings? Eunbi sighs as she looks outside the cafe. It was pouring down with rain but luckily Jungkook had left her an umbrella. 'Happy birthday Hwang Eunbi,' she whispers to herself and heads home. After a while she finally arrives at her flat, she puts in her password and enters.

She takes off her shoes and in the corner of her eye she notices a light in her kitchen. Feeling scared she grabs the umbrella and slowly approaches the light. But her steps halt when she sees that the light is actually a bunch of candles used to make a heart shape. Inside the heart there's a note that says 'open me'. The note reads: Did you really think I would forget the birthday of the most the important person in my life?

It was so hard to pretend like I was ignoring you T.T  I'm sorry if you felt hurt by my actions baby bear. But it had to be done in order to surprise you like this hehe. I love you so so much and I wish you the happiest birthday ever <3 Now go to the bedroom. Eunbi turns around and head towards her bedroom. When she opens her door she finds Jungkook laying in her bed with a rose in between his teeth, holding a cake. 

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY EUNBI!' Jungkook screams. 'What the hell Jeon Jungkook, I really thought you forgot my birthday,' she cries. Shocked from seeing Eunbi cry, Jungkook quickly sprints towards her and gives her a tight hug. 'Don't cry. Why are you crying? I'm sorry baby, please don't cry,' Jungkook pleads. 'You're so mean, why would you do that? I thought you didn't like me anymore,' she sobs as she punches him. 

'Ow ow. You really thought I didn't like you? There's no one else I love more than you, not even myself,' he grabs her hands to stop her from punching him any further and then wipes away her tears. 'Now stop crying, you'll ruin your pretty face, okay?' Jungkook requests and Eunbi nods in response. 'Let's cut the cake,' she sniffs and Jungkook bursts out in laughter. 'That's my Eunbi.'