015.

Out of the Blue

'I'm here oppa,' Hyojung squealed as she entered Seojoon's office holding coffee and cake. She momentarily paused in her steps when she noticed an unfamiliar figure sitting in Seojoon's chair. 'I'm sorry I think I entered the wrong room,' Hyojung said confused but the name on the door read Park Seojoon. 'You're in the right room. Seojoon oppa is in an emergency meeting right now.' The unfamiliar figure responded. 

'You must be Hyojung unnie, I'm Park Sooyoung, Seojoon's younger sister,' she said as she extended her hand for a handshake. 'Ah yes, nice to meet you Sooyoung-shi,' Hojung replied as she shook Sooyoung's hand. 'Sit down, oppa should be here soon, we can wait for him together.' Hyojung awkwardly smiles as she takes a seat. She fidgets in her chair as she's unsure about what to say. Sooyoung picks up a magazine and starts flipping through the pages.

'Don't be so uncomfortable. I don't bite,' Sooyoung says not once taking her eyes off the magazine. But before Hyojung can reply Seojoon walks through the door. 'Tell me what you want in 2 minutes, my girlfriend will be here soon ..,' Seojoon's voice trails off as he notices Sooyoung and Hyojung. 'Wow, now that you have a girlfriend I'm no longer important?' Sooyoung scoffs. 'I'm just here to remind you about grandad's birthday dinner tonight.' 

'You know I don't like attending family dinner events. It's a pass for me,' Seojoon responds. 'I know that all well but it's good to show your face once in a while. Take this opportunity and try to get on grandad's good side. Maybe bring Hyojung unnie, that might help. I'll see you two tonight,' Sooyoung grabs her bag and exits the room. Seojoon sighs and grabs his neck in pain. 

'Are you okay oppa?' Hyojung asks as she massages his neck. 'I'm fine sweetie. I hope Sooyoung didn't say anything stupid to you,' he grabs her hand and looks at her apologetically. 'No she was nice. What's this dinner thing you two were talking about?' she asks. 'It's my grandad's 80th birthday today but I don't think I should go, I'm not his favourite and it'll just ruin his mood.' 

'What nonsense, I'm sure that's not true. You should go and wish him,' Hyojung slightly hits him on the arm. 'Do you perhaps want to go with me? It's the perfect opportunity to intoduce you to my family.' Hyojung thinks for a second before replying, 'Yes. I'll go with you.' Seojoon breaks into a smile and hugs her. 'Let's go shopping. I want to buy you something,' he says as he grabs her bag and drags her outside.

'Now I don't mean to scare you but some of my relatives are very nosy and have no filter so I apologise beforehand. But don't feel bad they're not trying to be rude, honestly they're nice people.' Hyojung nods in response and asks, 'What about your parents? I'm curious about what they're like.' Seojoon replies, 'They're my favourite people in the whole world. Most people have one first love but I have two. They taught me how to be kind, considerate and most importantly down to earth. Without them I would be nothing and I'm sure they'll love you too.'

'They sound like wonderful people,' Hyojung says as she places her hand in his and smiles. 'I can't wait for you to meet them,' and he returns the smile. After a while they arrive at the shopping mall and Seojoon takes Hyojung to 30 different shops before finally deciding on a dress, heels and jewelry. Hyojung steps outside after she was done with hair and makeup while wearing the outfit Seojoon picked for her.

'Hyojung .. you look out of this world. I have no words to describe your beauty,' Seojoon stuttered. 'Do I look ready to meet your family?' Hyojung asks and she gives him a twirl. 'You look perfect babe,' he answers and pulls her in for a kiss but she quickly pushes him away. 'Are you crazy? We're in public right now,' she says as she fans her face which was now red with embarassment. 'Only crazy for you,' he winks. 

'You and your cringey lines,' she shakes her head in defeat. 'I know you secretly like them,' he smirks. Hyojung sighs and starts to walk away from him. 'Wait, where are you going babe? I was just joking,' he panics and starts running after her. She stops and turns around and simply says, 'Don't you want to finish the kiss in private? I'll wait for you in the car.' She winks at him and continues walking. Seojoon is bewildered with Hyojung's sudden flirtation and he bursts in laughter before following her like a puppy.