008.

Out of the Blue

'Hyojung .. do you want to talk inside my office?' Seojoon asked as Hyojung fidgeted around unable to make any eye contact. She simply nodded and followed Seojoon as he led her to his office. He told her to wait for him a while and he returned with two coffees in his hands. Hyojung thanked him and sipped on her coffee. After a long moment of silent she finally managed to gather some bravery to speak up. 

'Oppa I need to clarify some things with you.' Seojoon gestures her to continue. 'First, I want to apologise for my behaviour, I was totally out of line. I did not mean any of the things I said that day.' She can feel her eyes well up again. 'I was spouting my frustration for something else on you for no reason.' She wipes away her tears and continues, 'I do not hate you at all, in fact I harbour good feelings towards you. I like it when you come visit me and talk to me. This was just a misunderstanding caused in the heat of the moment.'

Seojoon stares at her for a while before breaking into a huge smile. 'Hyojung you don't know how hard this past month has been for me. I really thought you hated me so I forced myself to stop visiting and bothering you.' He suddenly pulls her into a hug which takes Hyojung off guard but she doesn't push away. 'But, if you don't mind me asking, what made you so frustrated and angry at me that day?' 

'I got a call from my unnie that morning, my grandmother stays with her in the US and I got the news that she had to be hospitalised. She has always been a weak lady which is why I worry about her all the time. I love her, she's my favourite person in the whole world and the thought of losing her made me very emotional.' Seojoon once again pulls her into a hug and says, 'Oh you poor thing. And I didn't even know you were going through so much that day. I'm sorry.' 

'No, why would you apologise for my mistake? I'm the one who got angry at you for no reason. You are not to be blamed.' She says as she pats his back. 'You could've told me what was wrong though, we wouldn't have to stay apart for a month,' Seojoon pouts. 'Stop joking around,' she bursts into a laughter. 'I did not want to tell you the reason because .. because ..,' she couldn't finish her sentence. 

'Because?' Hyojung sighes and musters up the courage to carry on, 'Once I get close with someone, I trust them blindly. I can do anything for them, but apart from Joohyun they all end up leaving. I've been hurt so many times that I have built a wall in my heart. I no longer let anyone walk over me so when you approached me with your kindness I had to strengthen my wall all over again. I was just saving myself from the pain.'

'Wow. Hyojung, I don't know what to say. I know you've probably heard this many times but I am different than those who left you and you yourself know this too. I will never do anything to hurt you and most importantly I would never leave you, even if you leave me.' Hyojung looks up to see the sincerity in Seojoon's eyes. It was telling her to open her heart one more time, to trust someone one more time. 

She cups his face and leans in. She gently places her lips onto his, her body moved involuntarily. Shocked, she pulls away and frantically starts apologising. 'Oh my god, I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me. I'm really very sorry oppa.' She gets up from her seat, Seojoon grabs her wrist and pulls her towards his body. 'Well I'm sorry for what I'm going to be doing next.' Seojoon pecks her lips and slowly starts kissing her. 

Hyojung too starts returning the kiss, she places her hands around his neck while he places his hands on her hips. As the kiss gets deeper, Seojoon's hands reaches towards Hyojung's thighs and he lifts her up. He carries her to his table and lays her on the table without breaking the kiss. Hyojung starts ing his shirts while he caresses her thighs. However, their heated moment was interrupted by a phone call. 

Seojoon breaks the kiss and looks at his phone. He sighes while rolling his eyes and he picks up the call. 'What do you want?' He looks at Hyojung with an apologetic look before he takes the call outside. As soon as he leaves the room Hyojung starts smacking herself unable to process what just happened. 'What has gotten over you Hyojung? This is so unlike you, but who can resist that eye candy?' She whispers to herself. 

'I apologise for the abrupt call. It was my sister annoying me as usual.' Seojoon explains. 'Oh that's fine. I need to start heading home now anyway.' She says as she checks her watch. 'Let me drop you home then.' Seojoon replies as he buttons his shirt again and grabs his car keys. Hyojung catches herself nearly drooling at the sight of his abs but composes herself quickly. As they head out the office Seojoon whispers into Hyojung's ears, 'I want to finish today some other day princess,' and winks.