010.

Out of the Blue

It has been three weeks since Bogum found out about Yoojung cheating on him, he immediately broke up with her and cut all ties with her. He has been extremely thankful of Joohyun for always being there for him, she made sure to check up on him whether it be through text or visits to his office. He's not sure if he would've made it through this difficult time if it wasn't for Joohyun. There's just something about her that makes him feel at peace.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

'Yes?' Bogum calls out never taking his eyes off from his computer. 'Special delivery for my special customer,' Joohyun replies as she holds up two coffee cups and food to accompany it. Bogum instantly breaks into a smile and shuts his computer off. 'I told you I'm feeling a lot better noona,' he says as he makes way over to the sofa where Joohyun is setting up the food. 'And I already told you I'm doing this for me not you, I need a lunch partner.' 

'What about Hyojung noona?' Joohyun shakes her head in response. 'That woman is too busy dating your boss and Eunbi and Jungkook still think that we don't know they're dating so I leave them alone for a while. I have some conscience,' Joohyun chuckles. 'Wow you really are surrounded with couples. I feel bad for you noona,' Bogum teases her. 'You see why I need you, you are my sole saviour from all these couples.' 

Joohyun is glad that Bogum is slowly returning to his old self, every day his smile and laugh seem to be coming back alive. She has been worried about him since that day as he stopped visiting her cafe and his appetite decreased significantly. Which is why she visits him so often, she wants to make sure that he is eating well and hopefully make his day a little bit better. This was her only way to express her affection for him. 

'So noona let's talk about you. Anything new in your love life? You never tell me anything so today you have to, I'm not taking no for an answer,' Bogum asks with a teasing smile on his face. 'Nothing. My love life is drier than the sahara desert,' Joohyun responds. 'Come on don't you lie to me. Who would not be interested in the beautiful and intelligent Bae Joohyun?' Bogum asks in disbelief. 

'It's not that no one is interested, the one who interests me isn't interested,' Joohyun replies quietly. 'Oh so there is someone in Bae Joohyun's love radar. Who is it? Who is it? Is it someone I know?' Bogum pesters Joohyun for an answer. 'Uhh .. no you don't know him, it's someone I know from work.' Joohyun lies. There's no way she is going to admit to Bogum she likes him, the man just went through a painful breakup he doesn't need this right now.

Bogum's heart sank a little when he heard her reply but he doesn't know why. Anyways he decides to ignore this feeling and continue asking Joohyun about this mystery man who she supposedly has fallen head over heels for. Every response she gave made Bogum feel sad. What is wrong with me? Why do I feel like this? This man Joohyun noona keeps talking about is making me feel jealous? No it can't be.

'Bogum? Bogum!' Joohyun yells as she waves her hand in front of his face. 'Ye .. yes noona? What were you saying? I dozed off for a moment,' Bogum scratches his neck and smiles. 'I was just asking you if you're free this weekend. I recently moved to a different apartment and I'm having a housewarming party so I really hope you can make it.' Joohyun smiles as she hands him an invitation card. 

'This weekend? I should be free as long as I finish all my overdue assignments. I'll make sure I make it noona, now leave so I can finish my work,' he says as he clears the table. 'Wow is this the treatment I get for feeding you? I better see you this weekend then.' Joohyun pouts as she makes her way out. Okay Bogum time to do some work, it's an all nighter for you from now till Friday.

His eyes land on the invitation card and he opens it to find what may be the cutest invitation card he has ever received:

You're invited to Bae Joohyun's Housewarming Party! Yay!

Date: 28th-29th March 2020 (let's drink the night away!)

Time: 17:00 (late comers will recieve punishments)

Location: XXXXX, Seoul

Name of recipient: Park Bogum (aka my favourite customer)

Everyone has to be there and I mean EVERYONE otherwise I will be sad :( See you soon everyone!