005.

Out of the Blue

Seojoon has never felt this way about anyone before. Ever since the day he met Hyojung he hasn't been able to keep her out of his mind. He unconsciously keeps on ending up in front of her cafe every time he goes on his late night walks. He just wants to be around her all the time. Though he keeps assuring himself that it's just attraction, secretly he knows it's more than that. After gathering much needed courage he visits the cafe everyday in hopes to catch at least one glimpse of Hyojung.

Hyojung was not an oblivious person, she took notice of how Seojoon would always come to the cafe when she was working, it was as if he had memorised her timetable off by heart. At first she shook it off thinking that it was just her imagination getting wild but after more frequent visits she was almost sure that Seojoon was there to see her. She would often catch him just simply staring at her in awe despite him trying to look away quickly.

One time she caught him staring at her while serving the customer, he jumped out of shock and his cup slipped from his hand and he spilled coffee all over him. After a while Seojoon got more confident and he initiated small talks with Hyojung. In front of him she would act nonchalant and cold, but deep inside she loved talking to him and would continuously catch herself waiting for him to come visit.

However, Seojoon, who is unaware of Hyojung's deep thoughts, feels as though Hyojung dislikes him. She would always keep the conversation short and reply very vaguely to his questions. Deep down he felt hurt but in front of her he would always smile. Today when he entered the cafe he could tell that Hyojung was not in a good mood, she looked tired and frustrated. Seojoon poked Jungkook and asked, 'What's wrong with Hyojung today?'

'Oh I don't know, noona has been messing up a lot of orders today. This is very unlike her,' Jungkook replied. 'Oh okay, thanks Jungkook.' Seojoon walks up to Hyojung and ruffled her hair. 'How are you today?' Hyojung sighs and fixes her hair, 'I am not in the mood to play with you today. Please don't bother me.' She walks away from him and Seojoon follows after her. 'Hey seriously, what's wrong? You can tell me,' he asks as he grabs her arm.

Hyojung pulls her arm away and yells, 'Can you please leave me alone for just two minutes?' This causes everyone in the cafe to stare at them and whisper. Seojoon is a bit taken back but calmly says, 'Let's go talk outside.' He then proceeds to pull her outside the back door. 'So tell me, what is on your mind?' Hyojung glares at him and replies, 'Why do you always come to the cafe when I'm working? Why do you always try to talk to me? Why do you always bother me? Why?'

Seojoon's smile suddenly disappears and it is replaced by a sad frown. 'Am I bothering you?' He asks in a small lowered tone. 'Yes. You are bothering me.' Hyojung's face remains the same, cold and expressionless. It was so hard to read her mind. 'Do you not like it when I come visit? Do you .. do you hate me?' Seojoon tried to hold back his tears but his eyes still welled up. 'I .. yes. I hate you.' And with that you could hear his heart break into million pieces.

After a long pause of them simply staring at each other, Seojoon finally manages to say, 'Well then I shall stop bothering you from today onwards. Have a good day Hyojung.' He turns around and slowly makes his way out of the cafe. As soon as Hyojung could no longer see Seojoon's slouched back she burst into tears. The image of Seojoon's heartbroken face plays in her mind. 'I'm .. I'm sorry Seojoon oppa but this is something I have to do to keep you away.'

After that day Seojoon, as he promised, never once visited the cafe. Though Hyojung would not let her fellow colleagues know secretly she yearned to see even a glance of him. Sometimes Joohyun would find Hyojung simply staring outside the window unaware of the fact that a customer was standing in front of her. When confronted she would dismiss their concern by saying that she wasn't feeling well or she was day dreaming.

It has been a month since their argument and a restless Hyojung could no longer keep her emotions to herself. She grabbed her coat and made her way to Seojoon's company. She stood in front of the building waiting for him to finish work. After a while she finally saw the man she had been missing for the past month. He looked happy but his eyes said otherwise. 'I shall see you tomorrow then,' he waved at Bogum.

His pace slowed down when he saw the woman who broke his heart standing in front of him and the smile from his face once again disappeared. 'What .. what are you doing here?' He asked coldly. She felt her eyes tearing up as she made her way towards him. She slowly grabbed his hand and looked at him with a sorrowful expression. Once Seojoon saw her eyes he let down his guard, now he was concerned. 'I really need to talk to you oppa.'