004.

Out of the Blue

After the encounter between Joohyun and Bogum, Bogum began to visit the cafe regularly like he had promised meanwhile Joohyun frequently offered him freebies like she had promised. This led them to become more closer and they considered each other as close friends in a short matter of time. They would take turns to vent out their frustrations about work and life to each other.

Though Hyojung would suspect that there was something more than friendship between the two of them, Joohyun would always dismiss her by reminding Hyojung that Bogum has a girlfriend and she sees him as no more than a friend. As Christmas season approached Hyojung and Joohyun decided to put a banner in front of their cafe promoting some Christmas deals. They grabbed a ladder, the banner and a tape, and headed outside to put it up.

'Joohyun you go on the ladder and put it up, I'll give hand you the tape,' Hyojung said. 'Yah! Why do I have to go up?' Joohyun whined. 'Because you're not afraid of heights unlike me,' Hyojung pouted. Joohyun rolled her eyes and stepped up on the ladder. The ladder was a little unstable than Joohyun had expected it to be. 'Hold the ladder well Hyojung. It's shaking way too much.' 

'Don't worry I'm holding it well,' Hyojung replied. 'Okay, can you pass me the tape now?' Joohyun said as she tiptoed to reach higher. She held out her arms so Hyojung could pass her the tape but her eyes were focused on the banner. 'Wait a minute. Let me just reach for it ..,' Hyojung answered as she tried to reach for the tape which she had placed further away from the ladder.

Hyojung accidentally released her grip from the ladder and Joohyun lost her balance. Her foot slipped off the ladder and she fell backwards to the ground. Joohyun let out a loud yell, her eyes shut close and she expected her body to hit the hard floor. But instead she felt someone embrace her body and protected her from falling. She slowly opened her eyes to see Bogum looking at her worried. 

'Joohyun noona are you alright?' He asked. 'Uh .. yeah thanks to you,' Joohyun replied as Bogum cautiously let her down. Her heart started to beat fast and her face started to heat up. 'Oh my god Joohyun. I'm so sorry, are you okay?' Hyojung apologised as she started examining for body for any wounds. 'It's okay Hyojung, I'm completely fine. Thanks Bogum.' Bogum reached out and held his hand against her forehead. 

'Are you sure you're alright? Your forehead is hot,' he asked. Joohyun shook his hand and replied, 'Yeah I'm fine. I was just a little shocked from the sudden fall.' Hyojung apologised once again and started clearing the equipment away while Bogum took Joohyun inside to take a rest. After a while she felt better and offered Bogum to make him coffee to show her gratification. 

As they were talking about their work they heard a loud 'Park Bogum!' They both turned around to find a young, beautiful woman standing by the entrance. She was smiling and waving her hands. Bogum's face lit up at the sight of her and he motioned her to come over. She sat down next to Bogum and looked at Joohyun. She mouths 'who' to Bogum and he introduces them. 'Ah this is Bae Joohyun noona, she's a good friend of mine and noona this is my girlfriend, Kim Yoojung.'

Joohyun and Yoojung both bowed and smiled. 'It's nice to finally meet you Yoojung-shi, Bogum always talk about you,' Joohyun grins. 'Likewise Joohyun unnie. Can I call you unnie?' Yoojung asks. 'Of course you can. You two lovebird sit and have a good chat I'll bring you coffee.' Joohyun excuses herself and goes to brew Yoojung a cup of coffee. While she's waiting for the coffee she looks over at the happy couple and her heart aches.

Why is my heart acting this way? Why does it hurt so much to see them together? I can't possibly like him can I? No, he's just a good friend Joohyun-ah. She shakes off her thoughts and walks over to Yoojung to give her coffee. 'I'm sorry unnie I would love to sit and talk more with you but something just happened at my workplace and I need to go check it out. Thank you for the coffee.' Yoojung kisses Bogum goodbye and bows to Joohyun, and heads out the cafe. 

'So what do you think about Yoojung?' Bogum asks. 'She's very pretty and she seems like a nice person,' Joohyun answered. 'She is isn't she? By the way noona I have a favour to ask you,' he looks at her with pleading eyes. 'What is it?' Joohyun questions. 'It's our 1 year anniversary soon, can you please help me find her a gift?' He grabs Joohyun's hands and begs. Joohyun sighs and nods her head in defeat. 'Thank youuu. Let's go this weekend cause Yoojung is working a late shift.'