003.

Out of the Blue

As Jungkook escorted the shaken Eunbi to the staff room he asked, 'Hey, are you alright?' Eunbi smiled and said, 'I'm fine.' However, Jungkook could tell that she was faking it. He could see the sadness in her eyes. He sighed and gestured Eunbi to sit down. He crouched in front of her and said, 'You know you don't have to lie to me right?' That's how Jungkook was, whenever something happens to Eunbi he's the first to notice it.

Like that time when she slightly trimmed her hair and no one really noticed because it wasn't a big change but Jungkook recognised in a second. Also, when she changed her perfume to a more fruity one Jungkook simply said 'Yes, I like this perfume more, the other one wasn't as fruity.' And that one time when Eunbi found out that her dad was diagnosed with cancer, she acted like everything was fine in front of others but as soon as Jungkook saw her he asked, 'Eunbi, what's wrong?' 

With his observant trait it wasn't long until Eunbi started to catch feelings for Jungkook. However, as observant as he was it was just as much harder to read him. Eunbi was unable to figure out if this guy was interested in her or just simply a nice person. Therefore, every time a female student would come to see Jungkook she would examine the way Jungkook behaves around them. Furthermore, she would casually ask him if he found any female customers pretty but his answer would always be, 'She's not my type.'

One day Jungkook was walking Eunbi home, as he insisted that it was too dark for her to walk alone, despite his home being in the completely opposite direction. As they were walking Eunbi grabbed Jungkook's hand and stopped him in his track. She looked down on the floor and asked him, 'Do you like me?' Jungkook giggled and ruffled her hair. 'Of course I like you.' Eunbi shook her head and asked again, 'No do you like me as a girl?'

'I know that you like me,' Jungkook answered. Eunbi looked up flustered. 'What do you mean? No I don't,' she looked away while letting go of his hand. 'Really? I thought you started to like me about two months ago,' Jungkook tilt his head in confusion. 'Wow and you don't notice that all those female students come to see you?' Eunbi replied unconsciously. 'That's cause I only notice things that I care about silly.'

'What do you mean?' Eunbi asked. 'I notice all those little details about you because I care about you,' Jungkook responded. 'Because we're colleagues and friends?' Jungkook chuckled and replied, 'Because I like you. As a girl.' Eunbi let out a small smile and said, 'Since when?' He pinched her cheeks and answered, 'Ever since you started working at the cafe. Before you came I rarely spoke with anyone but then you were the first person to approach me and your personality just attracted me to you.'

'Oh so you liked me first?' Eunbi replied. 'Well if that matters then yes I liked you first,' Jungkook laughed. 'It does matter. Oh that's my street, you can go home now,' she said while pointing down the road. 'No I'll leave after you enter your house.' As Eunbi turned around to walk to her house Jungkook pulled her hand and kissed her on the cheek. 'Take care Eunbi, I'll see you tomorrow.' A shocked Eunbi gasped and touched her cheek. 

'Uhh .. yeah .. I'll see you tomorrow.' And she ran off. The next day everything was normal. Jungkook was treating her as normal. The day went by normal. But Eunbi was getting agitated. Why wasn't Jungkook saying anything about the kiss or the confession? What are they now? Just friends? Just colleagues? Or something more? She couldn't stop thinking about it the whole day so in their break time Eunbi pulled Jungkook into the store room to confront him.

'What's wrong Eunbi?' A worried Jungkook asked. 'Don't you have something to say to me?' She answered. 'No I don't think so. Do you have something to tell me?' Eunbi scoffed. Look at the nerve of this guy, did I just got played? 'About that kiss you gave me last night and the confession. What does that mean? Are we going to be just friends or do you want to be something more?' 

Jungkook looked puzzled. 'I thought by kissing you on the cheek meant that we're dating now.' Eunbi physically face palmed herself as soon as she heard that. 'Is that not how it works?' Jungkook genuinely was confused. 'Jeon Jungkook. How am I suppose to know that if you don't tell me.' Though he's good with his words there was so much more Eunbi had yet to teach him. And ever since that day they've been secretly dating.