001.

Out of the Blue

Ring ring ring!

Ring ring ring!

Joohyun moaned as she rolled around her bed to find the culprit that disturbed her peaceful sleep. After a lot of tossing and turning she finally found her phone under her bed. She picked up the call and before she could say hello, a very loud Hyojung yelled, 'YAH! BAE JOOHYUN! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS RIGHT NOW?' Joohyun sighed and replied, 'Hyojung shhh. Calm down and tell me what's wrong quietly.'

'Joohyun you , it's 12:30pm right now. Are you not going to show up to work? You know today is a busy day.' Hyojung replied in a calmer tone. Joohyun's eyes shot open and she quickly checked her time which read 12:36pm. 'I must've slept through the alarm. I'm so sorry Hyojung, I'll be there in 20 minutes.' Joohyun answered. 'Alright, no more than 20 minutes. Hurry up.' And with that Hyojung hung up.

Joohyun ran to the bathroom and started brushing her teeth with one hand and with the other hand she started to dress herself. She then quickly washed her face and brushed her hair. In 5 minutes she was ready to leave. Luckily for her, the cafe was very closeby her apartment. As she was running around a corner she bumped into someone and the person dropped the files and coffee they were holding.

'I'm so sorry,' Joohyun cried as she helped the person pick up his files. 'No, it's fine. It's not your fault,' they replied. 'No no. It is totally my fault. Please let me buy you a new coffee.' The man shook his head and answered, 'That is not necessary, do not feel bad.' But Joohyun was not going to let him go like this, she just felt so bad. 'Please, I'm going to feel really awful. I owe a cafe nearby here, just drop by anytime and I'll give you free coffee.' Joohyun said as she passed him her business card.

'Well if it will make you feel better I'll drop by after work,' the man replied. 'May I also have your business card just in case I forget?' Joohyun asked. 'Yes of course, here you go. I'm late for a meeting but I'll see you later ..' he looked at her card, '..Joohyun-shi.' He smiled and walked off. Joohyun continued running towards her cafe and soon as she entered she was greeted by a furious Hyojung. 

'You drank alcohol by yourself again didn't you?' Hyojung asked with a blank face. 'No, I was just updating my account book which is why I slept late.' Joohyun lied. 'Who do you think you're lying to? Also, I gave you 20 minutes. You took 25 minutes, why?' Hyojung replied. 'I'm not lying. I bumped into someone so I had to sort that out. All that matters is that I'm here now, right?' Joohyun said as she tried to melt Hyojung with her cuteness. 'Ugh you're annoying,' Hyojung rolled her eyes and walked off.

After a long day at work Joohyun forced Hyojung and her employees to go home early as she felt bad for showing up late. As she was cleaning up the door of her cafe opened. 'I'm sorry we're closed for today.' Joohyun said. 'Oh I'm just here for my free coffee.' Joohyun stopped sweeping and turned around to find a familiar face. 'Yes. I nearly forgot. Please take a seat.' Joohyun threw away her broom and ran to brew some coffee. 

The man let out a small laugh and took a seat. After a few minutes Joohyun came over with a coffee and a cake slice. She took a seat in front of him and apologised once again. 'If you keep apologising I'll feel bad,' he said. 'Okay. I'll stop apologising.' Joohyun laughed. 'I realised that your card didn't have your name on it. You already know my name so it'd be polite of me to ask for your name.' 

'My name is Bogum, Park Bogum.' He smiled. 'Ah Bogum-shi. I notice that you work for a big corporate. It must be very stressful.' Bogum tilt his head in confusion. Usually when people find out where he works they're either jealous of him or they tell him how nice it must be. No one really tells him how stressful it must be. 'Did I say something wrong?' A worried Joohyun asked. 'No no. It's just that no one really tells me that. It's refreshing.' Bogum replied. 

'Right. Well it must be stressful as you have to maintain that top place amongst your competitors. Such a job comes with such big responsibilties I doubt it would be just rainbows and bubblegums.' Joohyun shrugged. 'Wow, that's exactly what it is. Many people don't know the dark side of working for such a big company. Joohyun-shi I'm quite frankly surprised by your insight.' This girl is something else, so unlike others. I'm so intrigued. Not only is she beautiful but so thoughtful, it's hard to come across girls like her nowadays.  

'My thoughts are not that interesting. It's basic like everyone else's is it not?' Joohyun asked. 'No don't sell yourself short. This short 5 minute conversation between us has been far more interesting than any conversation I've every had with anyone. And trust me I speak with a lot of people.' He winked. I'm interesting? Well that's something I've never heard in the 27 years I've been alive. This guy is either a player or genuine. With that face he's clearly a player but why is my heart leaning more to the latter? 

Joohyun coughed as she felt her cheeks warm up. 'Why thank you Bogum-shi.' Bogum smiled and replied, 'No, thank you very much for the delicious cake and coffee. You can consider me a regular at your cafe from now on.' Joohyun returned the smile and said 'Well my business will be profiting with your visits so I highly welcome you to our cafe. If you come a lot I'll sneak you some freebies.' 

'Well that's an offer I cannot reject. You can expect a lot of my visits from now on.' Bogum stood up and grabbed his bag. 'Oh before you leave please take these cookies. I baked them today so they're fresh. My first freebie for you as my regular customer.' Joohyun's eyes sparkled. 'With this kind of service I won't be able to visit another cafe ever.' Joohyun smirked and replied, 'That's my plan.'