012.

Out of the Blue

'Hey Eunbi. I'm having a housewarming party this weekend and I was wondering if you're free I would love for you to come,' Joohyun said as she handed her two invitation cards. 'Oh and give the other one to Jungkook.' Eunbi smiled awkwardly and replied, 'Thank you unnie, I'll make sure to attend and don't worry I'll let Jungkook know as well.' Joohyun walked away towards the till to serve the customers who just walked in.

Eunbi looked around the cafe to search for Jungkook. She found him clearing a table that had just been vacated. She motioned him to follow her towards the staff room and he nodded. 'What's up?' Jungkook asked as he entered the room. 'I have this weird feeling that Joohyun unnie might know about us,' Eunbi responded. 'What? What made you feel that way?' Jungkook asks frantically. 

'Well she just invited me to her housewarming party and she also gave me your invitation card like it was a definite thing to do,' she answered. 'I might be overthinking but she could've gave it to you herself but she told me to give it to you. What do you think Jungkook?' He paused for a minute to think and replied, 'I think you might be overthinking it a little. I mean we haven't given her a reason to suspect us.' 

A few months ago ~

As always Joohyun arrived at the cafe an hour before the opening to make sure all the deliveries were made and the machines were working fine. About half an hour later she notices Eunbi and Jungkook walking together holding hands. As shocked as she was she pretended she didn't see them and acted like she was cleaning the coffee machine. 

Eunbi pulled her hand away and coughed. 'Un .. unnie, you're here early. Let me help you clean that, ahaha ..,' she said very awkwardly. 'Haha .. it's okay I'm nearly done here. You guys can go check if the staff room is clean,' Joohyun replied even awkwardly. Meanwhile Jungkook just stood by the entrance door not knowing what to do and he simply followed Eunbi around like a lost puppy. 

The same day Joohyun had left to oversee a few order changes and asked Hyojung to come cover her shift. Hyojung was taking the orders, Eunbi was making the drinks, and Jungkook and the other employees were seating the guests and cleaning tables. As Eunbi was about to move the drinks she acidentally spilled hot coffee all over her hand and she yelled out in pain. 

Before Hyojung was even able to go check up on Eunbi, Jungkook came sprinting from the other side of the room. 'Hwang Eunbi! Are you alright?' Jungkook yelled as he wiped her hand. 'Ahh you should've been more careful you idiot.' Eunbi looked at Hyojung who was a bit taken aback and nudged Jungkook. 'Ya I'm okay. Don't be so overdramatic otherwise Hyojung unnie will catch on.' She whispered the last sentence.

Jungkook bit his lips and let go of her hand. 'I mean you're always so distracted that you end up hurting yourself. Stay focused yeah,' and he left as he mentally punched himself for being too obvious. 'Are you okay Eunbi? You should go put ice on that, I'll have Minjung cover this area,' Hyojung said. 'Thank you unnie and I'm sorry about the mess, I'll be more careful next time.'

Hyojung and Joohyun look into the staff room to see Jungkook applying cream on Eunbi's hand while she's feeding him cookies. 'They're definitely a thing aren't they?' Joohyun whispers. 'I'm 150% sure they definitely are,' Hyojung whispers back. 'I guess they want to keep it a secret so let's pretend like we don't know anything,' Joohyun says as Hyojung nods in agreement.

'Yeah you're right. We've been so good at hiding our relationship there's no way Joohyun unnie would know,' Eunbi replied with a sigh of relief. 'So do you want to go to her housewarming party? It sounds like it'll be fun,' she asked. 'Sure! It'll give us time to bond with Joohyun noona and Hyojung noona more so it sounds like a good idea,' Jungkook responded. 'I'll pick you up at 16:30 so be ready by then babe,' Jungkook planted a kiss on her forehead and left the room as he examined left and right.