002.

Out of the Blue

Seojoon squinted his eyes as the bright ray of sunlight hit his face. He took out his hat from his bag and wore it to block the sun from his face. Today was his day off after a long 3 months of trying to crack deals with different companies. All he wanted to do was relax and explore the city. He pulled out a cafe business card that Bogum had recently recommended to him. Warmth 'n Cream Cafe.

As he entered the cafe he was greeted by a young male. 'Welcome to Warmth 'n Cream Cafe. How many people?' He asked. 'Just one.' Seojoon replied. 'Very well. Would you like to sit in our booth for one?' Seojoon nodded and said, 'That would be perfect.' The young man escoreted Seojoon to a booth by the window and placed a menu on the table. 'Once you are ready to order please make your way to that counter to the right.' The young man bowed and left. 

After a few minutes Seojoon decided what he wanted to order and made his way to the counter the young man pointed towards. The cafe was a little busy, he had to wait in line for about 5-10 minutes before he reached the counter. 'Hello sir, what would you like to order to today?' A young chirpy woman asked. Seojoon smiled and replied, 'Can I order a large iced americano and a slice of red velvet cake please?' He looked over at her nametag and it read 'Eunbi'.

'Is that everything sir?' Seojoon nodded. 'That would be ₩5,300 altogether then.' Seojoon handed her a ₩10,000 cash and told her to keep the change. He then stood a bit far away from the counter and waited for his order. As he was browsing on his phone he heard a commotion and walked over to check what was happening. He saw a very furious woman (who he seemed to recognise but from where?) , drinks and a tray on the floor, and Eunbi covered in coffee. 'WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING YOUNG LADY! DO YOU HAVE NO EYES?' The woman yelled.

'I'm so sorry ma'am, please forgive me.' Eunbi said as she continuously bowed her head. 'Is that how you ask for forgiveness? Kneel down and apologise properly.' The woman responded. Eunbi reluctantly kneeled down and once again apologised. 'Where is your manager? I am going to complain.' A figure pushed past Seojoon and said 'I'm her manager. Now tell me why is my precious employee kneeling on the ground right now?' 

'Look at what your 'precious' employee did to me.' The woman exclaimed. 'I see nothing wrong with you. However what I do see wrong is that my employee is drenched in coffee and being humiliated.' The manager then held Eunbi's arms and pulled her up. 'Now why don't you apologise to my employee,' she said as she glared at the woman. 'Are you kidding me right now? What kind of manager makes the customer apologise? Have you not heard of the saying customers are always right?' The flustered woman replied. 

'That stupid saying does not apply at my cafe, if my employee had done something wrong I myself would've kneeled down and apologised but in this case she has done nothing wrong. I will not tolerate this kind of injustice against my employee. Now apologise woman.' Seojoon was wowed with the way this woman handled herself and stood up for her employee. It was so rare to see this kind of treatment nowadays. 

'I see where your employee has learnt their disgraceful behaviour from. Do you even know who I am and where I work? I work at the most prestigious company in the whole of South Korea.' The woman screamed. Ahh that's how I know this woman. She works at my company, what was her name again? Miss Lee? Seojoon walked in front of the woman and took off his hat, and said, 'Well not anymore Miss Lee. You can stop coming to work from tomorrow. Now apologise to this young lady and get out from this cafe.'

The woman froze and her eyes expanded. 'Mr Park I .. I,' Seojoon motioned his head towards Eunbi and the woman bowed down and apologised. 'I'm sorry.' She picked up her bag and left. Seojoon turned over to Eunbi and asked if she was alright. She looked a little shaken but she still managed to smile and nod. 'Thank you sir,' she said. 'And thank you Hyojung unnie.' She hugged Hyojung. So her name is Hyojung. What a pretty name. 

'You're welcome. Now go rest for little while, okay?' Hyojung replied and Eunbi nodded. 'Jeon Jungkook!' Hyojung yelled and the young man who escorted Seojoon to his seat came running. 'Please take Eunbi to the staff room and help her clean her uniform.' Jungkook held Eunbi's arms and took her towards the staff room. Hyojung sighed and bent down to clean up the mess. 'Let me help you,' Seojoon said as he grabbed some tissues and started wiping the coffee off the floor. 

'No that's alright. I can't make my customer clean.' Hyojung motioned Seojoon to stop. 'No please let me. That woman was one of my employee and I'm embarassed of the way she treated your employee.' Seojoon pleaded. 'Well if that's the case you can gladly help me. What kind of stuck up people do you hire?' Hyojung shook her head in disgust. 'Trust me not all of my employees are like her. There are nice ones like you too,' Seojoon chuckled.

Hyojung looked up and stared at him. She let out a small cough and replied a little flustered, 'I'm not a nice person.' No one, apart from the people I am close with, has ever told me that I'm nice. Is this man mentally unstable? Seojoon shook his head furiously and answered, 'No don't lie to yourself and me. You are the kindest and the nicest person I've ever come across in my life.' Hyojung paused as she felt her heart flutter.

'Thank you for the help sir,' Hyojung said as she grabbed the tissues from his hand and she walked off before Seojoon could see the blush forming in her cheeks. 'You're welcome Hyojung-shi,' Seojoon yelled towards Hyojung's running figure. He memorised my name already? Awww, I didn't get his name though. But that was okay because today was not going to be the last time Hyojung and Seojoon cross paths.