013. [Special chapter]

Out of the Blue

Joohyun has been busy cooking and cleaning since 8 am in the morning. Today was the day of her housewaming party and she had invited only a few people; Bogum, Hyojung, Seojoon, Eunbi and Jungkook. She wanted to personally cook all the food herself instead of ordering takeaways, she wanted to repay her guests time with some sincerity. After working for five consecutive hours she was finally done.

Now she had four hours to relax, take a shower and get ready. She decided to opt for a simple makeup paired with an elegant outift: turtle-neck top and long flowy skirt, and she curled her hair to finish off her look. At 16:45 Joohyun woke up from her nap at the sound of her door bell. She looked at her moniter to see Hyojung and Seojoon waiting patiently. 'Jung-ah!' Joohyun squealed as she hugged Hyojung tightly.

'And it's so great to finally meet you Seojoon-shi, I've heard many things from Hyojung,' she said. 'I hope they were all nice and please don't be so formal,' Seojoon replied. 'We bought you some essentials that you may need, I know you told us not to buy you anything but it just felt so wrong to come empty handed,' Hyojung said as she passed Joohyun toilet paper and bag full of daily needs. 

'You really shouldn't have. Please sit down you guys are the first ones to arrive,' Joohyun motioned them to take a seat on the sofa. Not long after Jungkook and Eunbi arrived and not surprisingly enough they too had bought Joohyun toilet paper. They all joked about how Joohyun was set for the next two years. At 17:01 Bogum rang Joohyun's door bell and he was greeted with five people who all had a teasing smirk planted on their face.

'Why are you guys looking at me like that? And noona here's your housewarming present,' Bogum said as he passed her toilet paper and they all burst into laughter. 'Why are you guys laughing?' he asked and Joohyun pointed at her pile of toilet papers. 'But that's not important, you're late so you must face your punishment,' Joohyun teased. 'What? I was only a minute late. Cut me some slack,' he begged.

'I'm sorry Bogum but rules are rules, Joohyun had clearly mentioned in her invitation card that you must arrive at 17:00,' Seojoon responded. 'I thought you were on my side hyung. I feel heavily betrayed,' Bogum pouted. 'Come on Bogum your punishment is waiting for you on the table,' Joohyun said as she dragged him towards the dining table. They had poured three shot glasses of soju for him and he had to drink them continuously without a break.

'I haven't even eaten yet guys,' Bogum cried. 'BOGUM! BOGUM! BOGUM!' they all cheered as they encouraged him to take the shots. After hesitating for a while he finally gave in and drank the soju shots. 'Now we may eat,' Joohyun chuckled. As the hours went by the power of alcohol overtook their bodies. 'We have to play truth or dare now, it's a staple game that can't be missed in such gatherings,' Joohyun slurred.

'We're not a bunch of 10 year olds Joohyun,' Hyojung replied, she was sober than the rest. 'Awww come on babe it sounds like fun, let's play Joohyun-ah,' Seojoon answered. 'Ugh whatever, let's play then,' Hyojung sighed. 'Yayyy!' Seojoon and Joohyun squealed as they hi-fived. 'If you don't want to answer just take a shot. So Seojoon oppa, what do you like the most about my Hyojung?' Joohyun asked. 'Her fiery personality, it's hot. Bogum what's one thing you don't like about Joohyun?' Seojoon questioned.

'Umm how she's not confident in herself. Eunbi who do you like more, Joohyun noona or Hyojung noona?' Bogum asked. 'This is like asking if you like your mother better or your father. To save myself from getting fired I'll choose to drink,' she replied and gulped down a shot of soju. 'Hyojung unnie I dare you to take three shots, you're not drunk enough.' Hyojung chuckled at her cuteness and gladly took three shots. 

'Jungkook, is there anyone that has occupied your heart at the moment?' Hyojung asked as she observed him and Eunbi. Eunbi coughed in embarassment while Jungkook blushed. 'I .. uh .. so .. yes. Yes there is,' he mumbled. 'What about you Bogum hyung? Is there anyone you have your eyes on right now?' Bogum glanced towards Joohyun before answering, 'Yes. There's someone on my mind right now. Hyung I dare you to yell 'Hyojung I love you' from the balcony three times.'

'I don't want my first I love you to be in a dare so I'll choose to drink,' Eunbi and Joohyun squealed cutely while teasing Hyojung. 'Jungkook, I dare you to reveal the name of the person you like.' Jungkook's hand reached for the soju bottle but he was interrupted by Joohyun. 'Awww come on, we all know Eunbi and Jungkook are dating. Ask some real juicy questions oppa.' Eunbi, in a shock, asked, 'You .. you all know? How?'  

'You guys are awful at hiding your relationship, it's so obvious from our perspective but we didn't say anything cause we realised that you guys were not ready yet to tell us,' Hyojung explained. 'Even the hyungs knew?' Jungkook asked and Seojoon and Bogum simply nodded. 'Oh wow, I feel like an idiot now. How funny would it had been for you all when you saw us trying to act normally,' Eunbi laughed. 

'No it was cute. I'm rooting for you two, please love beautifully,' Joohyun replied and flashed them a big heart. 'Unnie stop you're making us blush but thank you for the support everyone,' Eunbi responded with her own hearts too. 'Enough about us, Joohyun unnie name the person you like at the moment.' Joohyun took a minute to think and replied with a shy smile, 'Bogum. Park Bogum.'  

Hyojung looked at Seojoon in shock while Jungkook's jaw dropped and Eunbi pushed it back up. 'You like me?' Bogum finally asked after what it felt like an hour of silence.  'Yes. I like you, you're so cute, funny, handsome, and just a genuinely nice guy. Who wouldn't like you?' Joohyun pinched his cheeks before passing out and dropping on Bogum's lap. Bogum looked down at Joohyun and then broke into a smile.