017.

Out of the Blue

Joohyun fidgets in her seat as she waits for Bogum to say something. They have been sitting in silence for the past 10 minutes and things couldn't have been more awkward. 'Uhh ..,' they both mumbble at the same time. 'You go first,' again they respond together. 'Umm .. I'll go first noona,' Bogum volunteers. 'Yeah .. sure .. go ahead,' Joohyun replies. With a long sigh Bogum gets up and starts walking back and forth in front of Joohyun.

'I'll cut down to the chase. I'm not ready to date anyone right now.' Joohyun's face falls into a frown. 'No noona, don't get a wrong idea. It's not that I don't like you, I really do but Yoojung really hurt me and my heart is still healing,' he explains. 'I'm not going to be selfish and ask for you to wait until I'm healed. You deserve so much better than me.' Joohyun nods and responds, 'Well isn't that a selfish thing to say.' 

'What do you mean noona?' Bogum asks in confusion. 'Who are you to tell me what I do and do not deserve? How dare you not see your own worth? You do not get to tell me to move on, that's for me to decide. So here's my decision, I'll wait and wait until you're ready to accept me and even if you reject me once you've healed that's fine because that's your decision but I will not regret waiting for you even then.' 

'But noona I don't want to hurt you,' Bogum softly whispers. 'You've never hurt me, not even now. Your mere existence is my happiness so don't ever feel bad,' she said as she manages to form a weak smile. 'Now leave before you catch my ugly appearance, I still want to look pretty in your eyes.' Bogum laughs and grabs Joohyun's shoulders and leans in, 'You'll always be pretty in my eyes Bae Joohyun.' And with that he leaves.

Only then Joohyun got the courage in break down in tears, she had a hard time trying to keep her emotions but now that it's all out she could feel her heart become lighter. She wipes her tears away and grabs her phone and jacket before heading out. 'So? Got rejected?' Hyojung asks as she pours Joohyun a shot of soju. 'Yep. It was one of the most beautiful rejection my friend. I can't even cruse him right now,' Joohyun sighs before downing the shot. 

'Do you want me to curse him? You know I'm good at it,' Hyojung winks but Joohyun shakes her head. 'No, that won't make me feel better anyways. Just keep pouring me my shots,' Joohyun said while she raised her glass and Hyojung immediately filled it up. Now a very drunk Joohyun and midly tipsy Hyojung were hugging while getting a confused yet amused side eye from neighbouring customers.

'HE WILL COME TO ME, RIGHT?' Joohyun cried. 'HE WILL, HE BETTER,' Hyojung responds with the same energy. 'I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM,' Joohyun yelled as she stumbbles her way to the toilet. 'OKAY,' Hyojung replies. In the toilet Joohyun is staring at her reflection wondering where did everything go wrong? If only she hadn't opened her big mouth things wouldn't have escalated to this situation. But she told herself she wouldn't regret anything because things happen for a reason.

She quickly washes her face in hopes to sober up. As she was making her way out of the toilet she's stopped by a man she's never seen before. 'Do you need something?' Joohun asks. 'Uhh .. umm .. I don't normally do this but I was wondering if I could get your number?' the man asked as he slowly holds his phone out towards her. 'My number? Why?' Joohyun questions.

'You're very pretty, you're exactly my type,' he smiles as he scratches the nape of his neck. This man standing in front of her was pretty good looking so this can't be his first time picking up girls but at the same time he clearly looked nervous. In fact he was Joohyun's type but somehow she felt like she was cheating on Bogum. 'You don't have to give me your number don't feel pressured, I'm sure a pretty lady like yourself is already taken.' He's about to put his phone away when Joohyun stops him.

Ah this. It's not even like Bogum will care who I give my number to. I'll just give this man my number and ghost him. I'm pretty sure this is just a normal thing for this man anyways, he looks like a no.1 player. 'I don't normally do this too but here's my number,' she saves her number in his phone and returns it to him. 'Thank you ..  Joohyun shi,' he smiles while looking at her name on his phone. 'I'm Kim Seokwoo'.