December 7th

Third Time is the Charm

Towelling a plate dry, Kyuhyun hummed merrily to himself after cleaning off their used dishes from lunch. Placing it back where it belonged he continued with the cutlery, deliberately ignoring the bickering between Yunho and Heechul.

“Seriously, will you shut up and just pick the next stop already?” By now Yunho's voice had turned into a frustrated whine.

“Not gonna happen. I told you I want details of your night with Snow White first.”

A groan echoed through the open kitchen. “For the umpteenth time, he is not Snow White! I already told you that his hair is chestnut brown.”

“Sure, because you can remember that night oh so well.” Heechul's muffled voice was accompanied by the cracking of a bag.

Kyuhyun sighed when he had finished his chore. “Can you two stop already? Please?” A frown crossed his features when he sat down next to Yunho. A map was enfolded in the middle of the table with several coloured circles indicating where they could find Christmas markets around the country. “Just pick a city already, Heechul-hyung. And stop stuffing this junk into you. We just finished lunch ten minutes ago for Christ's sake.”

With a grin, Heechul took out another handful of chips, stuffed them into his mouth and crunched extra loudly to annoy him just a little bit more, “I wand detailf firft.”

With a groan Yunho let his head drop onto the table. Kyuhyun patted him on his shoulder. “He already told you that he remembers a piercing, isn't that enough?”

“Nope.”

Kyuhyun took a deep breath when he pinched the bridge of his nose. “Heechul, if you don't pick a city instantly I will make sure that you will sleep on the streets while Yunho-hyung and I snatch away the last hotel room. It is neither mine nor his fault that Siwon-hyung is overseas, so stop being a deprived and ing pick a city.”

Silence came over the friends and lay heavily in the air. “Fine.” The pout was evident in Heechul's voice and was soon after followed by the bag of chips being put aside.

With a sigh Heechul straightened in his seat. “Here we go,” he sing-sang, put his left hand over his eyes and let his right index finger circle over the map. “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, catch a baby by the toe.”

“Seriously now?” Yunho sceptically eyed the other who simply stuck out his tongue. Shortly after Heechul let his finger drop onto the map. It had landed in the western region and everyone rose from their seat to inspect their next destination.

“Well, seems like our next stop is Gongju,” Kyuhyun announced and marched off to search for still available hotels on his laptop and print the info along the way.

When Yunho rose as well to grab a few necessary things for their trip, Heechul couldn't hold back, “Curious how you are sure that it was the best of your life when you can't even recall any of it.”

Yunho just sighed and eyed him warily. “Heechul, please. I just know, ok? Just like you knew when you met Siwon.” Heechul pouted at the mention of his boyfriend and mumbled a soft apology.

Kyuhyun popped around the corner soon after and waved a handful of printed papers. “I managed to book two rooms a bit off the station and already picked our train. We've only got standing tickets though.” Organising their trip further, their day went by with packing a few necessaries for another night out of town.