December 16th

Third Time is the Charm

He was sitting in a warm and cosy café with his iced coffee and two slices of cake whilst looking out the window and watching the people passing by. Everything could have been so perfect if his best friend was sitting across from him but no, said friend had left him alone. And for what? To get drunk on the Christmas market and drown his miserable feelings. Yes, he knew that Jaejoong was hurting because of the mess with that of a two-night stand who had managed to break Jaejoong's heart, but honestly this was supposed to be their time! With the upcoming new year they both would be far too busy to meet on a regular basis thanks to their exams and the studies coming along with them.

He sighed when he kept watching the people on the street. He registered a group of three men standing close to the entrance of the café. It seemed like one of them was arguing with the other two. One of the two was palming his belly, gesturing with his hands in vomiting motion. It wasn't long after that the two apparently ditched their friend who now stood alone near the entrance.

'Poor guy,' Changmin thought when he shifted his eyes back to the general flow of people passing by the window. Caught up in his task he didn't realize that after a while someone got closer to his table. When he noticed the shadow looming over him, he registered someone standing next to his table. Looking up he realized the other to be lost in his thoughts as well. 'He kinda looks familiar,' Changmin mused with a raised eyebrow.

“Can I sit here?” The question was rather hesitant.

Changmin frowned. 'Oh no, it's that creep from last week.'

The other sighed. “Look, I'm really sorry about last time. I'm aware that I sounded kinda creepy. I didn't mean what I said about getting into your pants. Well, maybe some day but only after we got to know each other and, you know, perhaps like one another and both want this. As I already said before though, I prefer to get to know the person first before any intimate things might happen and damn now I'm rambling,” he rattled on quite flustered and took a deep breath. “Look, this is currently the only free seat in this café. I'm counting on your kindness so please, would you let me sit here?”

Changmin blinked perplexed at the other. “Do you always talk so much?” he asked astonished at the former rant.

“Not really, I just had the need to explain myself and apologize once again for last time. And here I am doing it again. , I'm messing this up.” Without any invitation he put down his tray before he pulled away the unoccupied chair and sat down. “Look, you're totally my type. Tall, as I can see well-built and, you know, all these things. Also you seem to be snarky. Maybe you can do smart conversations, too.”

Changmin raised an eyebrow. “Are you implying that I'm stupid?” Was this guy for real?

“No! Oh my god, this is really messed up. Normally I'm not like this, I swear. Damn, it's like my brain is turning into mush whenever I'm in close vicinity of you.”

“So, now you're saying that I make you stupid. I can live with that,” Changmin replied with a smirk. The other couldn't hold back a chuckle. Gosh, this guy truly was perfect.

“Let's start anew. Hello, my name is Cho Kyuhyun. I live in Seoul, am 22 years old and study psychology. And like I said before I really like to get to know someone before I have with them. First and foremost I like to know their names, unlike a friend of mine.” Kyuhyun muttered the last more to himself but Changmin was still able to catch his words.

“Oh yeah, I know what you mean. My best friend tends to forget to introduce himself as well. Since I'm nothing like him,” Changmin declared and straightened in his seat. “I'm Shim Changmin, 22 years old as well, and study law in Seoul. By the way, I saw you earlier with two other guys. I assume they are your friends? Did they ditch you?” he asked curiously.

“Yes, they wanted to explore the Christmas market. Well, to be honest, one of them just wants to get drunk because he currently can't stand the other when being sober, and the other wants to get details about his life. He's kind of living through him at the moment because his boyfriend is overseas. It's kinda sad, really,” Kyuhyun explained and sipped on his frozen matcha latte. “Are you all by yourself in Busan?”

Changmin was about to reply when his phone notified him of a new message. “Sorry,” he apologized when he unlocked his phone to read it.

 

From: JaeJoong

To: ChangMinnie

2018/12/16 – 17:38

Going to the hotel. Not in the mood to watch anymore happy couples at the market any longer.

See you tmr

 

Changmin sighed. “Well, my friend who came to Busan with me just ditched me as well. We had planned to meet later at the market, but he already left to the hotel. His mood swings are really tiring. Thank god males can't get pregnant.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “Very true,” he agreed and raised his glass.

*

He was lying on the floor of his hotel room with just his sweatpants on. The fluffy carpet was a pretty nice feeling on his skin. He sighed. Why did his life have to be so freaking complicated? He couldn't decide whether he wanted to meet the other again or just simply forget about the entire dilemma. That definitely was easier said than done though. He just simply couldn't get the other man out of his mind, especially the .

He sighed some more when he thought back to their ual encounters. He wasn't lying when he said that it had been the best of his life. It had been simply mindblowing. He got up a little to sip on his glass of red wine standing next to his head before he lay back down and sulked a bit more.

It wasn't long after that he heard noises coming from his door. He furrowed his eyebrows. It for sure couldn't be Changmin. He had a room all to himself after all. In conclusion this could only mean that someone tried to get into his room.

With a grunt he sat up. Was it so hard to find the right room? He totally wasn't in the mood to deal with some drunk stranger trying to get passed a locked door. Grumbling he marched over to the door. He was so going to tell whoever tried to open his door to off.