December 12th

Third Time is the Charm

He still couldn't believe it. What kind of person would jump into bed with someone else when they had a lover already? Well, truth be told there were enough out there who did this , but he really hated such people. Was he a bad person now as well because he had slept with a possible cheater twice even? , how could this hunk be such a person? Or maybe he was single and all of this a major misunderstanding. He had called out someone else's name though. Okay, it wasn't like he had known Jaejoong's name to call his instead.

Frustrated with himself and the entire situation Jaejoong threw himself onto the sofa, glaring into nothingness. Why did this have to be so damn complicated? He wasn't even in the mood to cook at all, and he really loved cooking. He sure as hell would be in big trouble. After all, Changmin would be on his way to get his promised lunch soon.

An idea popped in and Jaejoong quickly grabbed his phone to type a short message.

 

From: JaeJoong

To: ChangMinnie

2018/12/11 – 11:26

Not in the mood to cook. Can you bring some take-out? Pay you back later.

 

It wasn't long after that his best friend showed up at his apartment with bibimbap and a handful hamburgers.

“Hey, Hyung.” Changmin only got a chunter as a reply. He blinked at Jaejoong's back when the other trudged over to his kitchen to fetch dishes and cutlery. “Aren't you in a merry mood,” he muttered when he followed right after him once he took off his outer wear.

Jaejoong frowned at him when he handed him the bags with their lunch. “How would you feel?”

Changmin sat down, shrugging. “The same, to be honest. But then again I don't do one-night stands so I won't have the question of relationship status unanswered in the first place.”

That definitely hit a nerve. Jaejoong stayed tight-lipped after Changmin's comment. He was right, of course. He had chided himself an idiot for being too drunk and too infatuated with this stranger to even forget the basic questions.

“It's not your fault, Hyung.”

Jaejoong sighed at that, picking at his food. “It's not like I'm not at fault either.”

Silence overcame them in which Changmin gobbled down a hamburger and half a serving of bibimbap. Jaejoong had barely nibbled on a serving of rice. “Seriously though, he is the wrong doer if he's taken. It's really not your fault. Don't think too much about it.”

“Easier said than done, Changmin,” Jaejoong sighed and stuffed his mouth with a handful of bibimbap. He really didn't want to talk about this any further. Changmin patted his shoulder in understanding and thankfully changed the topic. He didn't register much about it though when he still couldn't get his thoughts to stop. Sighing deeply once again he consoled himself, 'I probably won't meet him ever again anyway.'