December 1st

Third Time is the Charm

Oh come on, can you please stop pulling such faces?” Yunho turned to his friends when both weren't very delighted to tag along to his family visit.

“But we wanted to do that on the spur of the moment,” Heechul complained and puffed his cheeks in an attempt to pout.

“Well, except for Busan and Seoul, mind you,” Kyuhyun interjected and earned himself Heechul sticking out his tongue at him.

“I promise you can pick the next one, Heechul. I just thought it'd be a nice start for our Christmas market tour.”

 

*

 

In the early evening the small group of friends moved through the crowd of people visiting Gwangju's petite but elegant Christmas market. More than once they stopped by one of the dozen booths serving mulled wine and ate away on any warm street food crossing their way.

Munching away on a bag of roasted almonds, Yunho pointed at the huge Ferris wheel located at the center of the market. “Can we ride that?” his muffled voice resounded, tongue a little heavy from the consumed mulled wine that one could be surprised that he wasn't staggering yet.

“Not if you want me to puke on you,” Heechul rasped and held back a burp. He really should have passed on that one eggnogg.

“Party pooper,” Yunho retorted and earned a deathly glare. “What about you, Kyuhyun?” he asked instead and put another handful of almonds into his mouth.

“Not this time, Hyung. I'll look after Heechul-hyung in case he might faint but you can go along,” the younger replied and with a shrug Yunho went off to the Ferris wheel.

 

*

 

A small line had gathered in front of the wheel, most of them being couples and parents together with their children. Yunho went straight to the booth and paid for a single ride. He slipped to the end of the line right behind a couple and tried to ignore the hearts emanating from them. He just wanted to ride the Ferris wheel. Alone. No big deal.

A line had quickly gathered after him. One seemed to be engrossed in the Christmas songs and hummed along when they were played once in a while, and a young child was whining every now and then at the long wait. After a good ten minutes Yunho stood in front of the Ferris wheel and waited for his turn. 'Finally.'

“Excuse me, sir. The gondolas are all two seaters. Are you in company?”

Yunho blinked at the adapter. “Uh, no. I'm alone. If you need a second person though, go ahead.”

The adapter turned towards another person right behind him. “I beg your pardon, sir. Do you mind sharing the gondola with this gentleman?”

“Count me in,” came a cheerful reply and before Yunho even had the chance to glance at the other, he followed after a bouncing ball skipping towards their gondola.

“Hi,” the bouncing ball greeted him when he sat down and upon his returned “Hi” Yunho took his time and looked at the other.

Muffled in a huge woollen scarf Yunho wasn't able to make out much of the other's features except a few dimples around his eyes that indicated a smile. At least he hoped. Inwardly Yunho smiled back and if his eyes didn't play a trick on him, then the other hastily cast his eyes to the side.

'Interesting,' he mused and non-too obviously let his eyes wander further over the other. There wasn't much to discover really except a fluffy coat, said woollen scarf and a grey beanie covering what seemed to be chestnut brown hair. Yunho's eyes turned back towards the other's face and he found dark brown eyes staring back at him. Cocking his head aside, a smile spread over his lips with the other reciprocating the act.

 

'Beautiful eyes he's got there.'

 

'Hello there, handsome.'

 

'Wonder what he's got under his coat.'

 

'Is it just me or is it getting hot in here?'

 

Yunho gulped when his eyes darted to full lips when the scarf was pulled down an inch to reveal a glimpse of teeth suggestively gnawing on plush rosy texture.

 

'Damn, that's some nice pair of lips.'

 

'Would he mind if I jumped him? No, better not in this place.'

 

Shifting a bit in their respective seats the two lost themselves in their eyes, Yunho rubbing his bare hands in an attempt to control himself. He didn't miss the tongue darting out when the other's eyes wandered along his body.

 

'Control yourself, Jung. You can't jump him here of all places.'

 

'Oh hello, perfect fingers. Aren't you nice and long.'

 

'Ok, when the ride is over I'll make the first move.'

 

Determined to share a probably very passionate night with this hunk of a stranger, Yunho eagerly shifted in his seat when the ride was nearing its end. Pondering how to make his move smooth, he was literally beat to it.

“How do I ask him if he's hopping into bed with me?” The voice was whispery, husky and so out of context that Yunho was pretty sure that the other didn't even register saying them. Once the gondola came to a halt, Yunho immediately grabbed the other by the hand when they had climbed out and whispered suggestive things into the other's ear before they quickly vanished from the market.

 

From: YunHo

To: KyuHyun

2018/12/02 – 22:48

Met tis hot guy. Dont wiat up fo me. >)