December 26th

Third Time is the Charm

He was still here. Okay, it would have been weird if he weren't since it was his apartment in the first place. Either way, he was still here and he was watching him just the same way. They both had woken up at the same time facing one another.

“Hey,” Yunho greeted softly with a smile on his lips.

“Hey,” Jaejoong replied with a smile on his lips as well. Slowly Yunho reached over and caressed Jaejoong's cheek, leaning in to kiss him. He was stopped by a hand on his chest.

“Morning breath,” Jaejoong mumbled apologetically. Yunho wasn't going to give up however and instead chastily kissed him on his nose before he reclined.

“So,” Yunho drew in a deep breath to built up his courage, “Shall I leave now or...” Before he had the chance to continue Jaejoong interrupted him, “Please stay.” Yunho was relieved at the request. He really wasn't sure how he would have been able to leave this time. Not after this former special night they had shared. “I really don't want to leave,” he tried to explain, “It's just-”

“It's just that so far one of us left in the morning,” Jaejoong finished his sentence with a chuckle. “Maybe we should stay true to ourselves and continue just that.” With a mischievous smile and a wink he stood up, leaving Yunho on the bed alone behind.

Yunho couldn't believe his words. Why would he leave him again? They finally had found each other, this time even sober! Then why? They were in Jaejoong's apartment though so how could he leave in the first place? Then this would mean he would have to leave, Jaejoong had asked him to stay though. What was he supposed to do now? Also why was he having these thoughts again?

In the background Yunho could hear the shower being . Jaejoong's head popped in from the bathroom door. “Coming?” he asked before he turned back around.

Yunho blinked after him. 'Okay, that without doubt was an invitation to shower together. Definitely not leaving then.' Being at ease Yunho rose from the bed and followed Jaejoong with a smile. Once entering the bathroom he found Jaejoong already in the shower with his back facing him. Yunho really loved his back.

Jaejoong turned around after rinsing off the shampoo, noticing Yunho standing in the doorway. He was watching him and apparently liked what he saw. Smiling to himself Jaejoong got out of the shower and took two towels from the shelf. He draped one around his waist and towelled his hair with the other. “There's a new toothbrush for you,” he said and pointed at the sink.

“Why do you have an extra toothbrush around?” Yunho asked curiously.

“Well, Changmin needs one when he stays over night. Since he takes his used one with him and forgets to bring one at the next sleepover I tend to have a new one in store. Don't ask why he won't just leave one here. He believes it would look like we're in a relationship if he does,” Jaejoong rambled when he explained the very strange habit of his best friend.

Yunho laughed. “Maybe I should brief Kyuhyun on this.” He went over to the sink and took a look into the mirror. He ran his hand over his five o'clock shadow absentmindedly. “Do you have some shaving stuff by any chance?” he asked when he was still musing over his appearance and didn't register Jaejoong coming closer.

“I actually like this scruffiness,” he mumbled while caressing over Yunho's five o'clock shadow. He kissed Yunho's cheek before he turned around and made his way out of the bathroom, “To answer your question, you'll find some in the cabinet behind the mirror.”

Once opening the cabinet Yunho got hold of a razor and shaving stuff and couldn't help himself but asking, “Do you actually use this yourself or is it Changmin's as well? I can't seem to see that you need it.”

He received a hard slap on his with a towel. “Ouch!”

“Serves you right.” With that Jaejoong left Yunho behind in the bathroom.

 

*

 

He was engrossed in preparing their breakfast when two strong arms embraced him from behind. Yunho nuzzled his nape, his lips ghosting over his skin before he was spun around. They shared a simple and sweet good morning kiss.

“Thanks for the new underwear,” Yunho murmured against Jaejoong's lips when they broke apart. “Was that new too?” he asked, taking the mick out of Jaejoong.

“No, just freshly washed.” Jaejoong turned around and got hold of a few vegetables. “Should have given you some used ones,” he mumbled to himself whilst chopping the first.

“Maybe I would have liked to wear your used ones,” Yunho retorted when he had clearly caught Jaejoong's mumble.

Jaejoong halted for a moment. “That is kinda disgusting and erse,” he replied and shuddered at the thought alone.

“Yeah, think so too,” Yunho agreed and both started to laugh at the joke. “This reminds me, we both were pretty well-equipped for a sleepover the last few weeks,” Yunho said after a while and had Jaejoong humming in response. “That one time you forgot your bag with Changmin, remember? What did you put on the next day?” He was really curious about that.

“I went commando,” Jaejoong replied nonchalantly.

Yunho groaned disappointedly, “And I missed it!”

“I won't ever do it in winter again. It was ing cold.” Jaejoong shivered. “Perhaps if you're still around in summer,” he suggested with a wink. “Can you lend me a hand by the way?”

“Sure, what shall I do? Turn on the rice cooker perhaps? I know how to do that,” Yunho declared proudly.

Jaejoong laughed. “That's good to know. Maybe you can slice up some fruits?” he requested and handed Yunho a knife who immediately got down to business.

“So, how much should I cook for breakfast?” Jaejoong asked shortly after and had Yunho staring at him puzzled, “Did you invite anyone else?”

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows, “No.”

“Then for just the two of us is perfectly fine. Why would you even ask if you don't expect anyone else?” Yunho asked confused.

“Well, you see,” Jaejoong rubbed the nape of his neck nervously. “It's all Changmin's fault that I don't have a good grasp anymore to what extent people eat normally. He alone eats for four people,” he explained his dilemma while finishing up their breakfast.

“Is that why you don't live together? He's eating too much?” Yunho concluded when he helped Jaejoong by setting up the table.

“It's just one of the reasons. Another is that I just wanted to finally be alone,” Jaejoong explained further when he sat down. They started to eat right after when Yunho looked at him puzzled, “Huh?”

“Well, I grew up with seven sisters. The house was always full, there was never time for oneself and someone noisy was always snooping around,” he explained further. Yunho couldn't believe his ears and for a moment forgot to eat. “Enough about me though. What about you? Do you have any siblings? Also, what is your occupation?” Jaejoong took a slice of an apple.

Yunho blinked for a second. “I have a younger sister. Also this may sound a bit weird since I'm a guy but I study educational science. I would like to become a kindergarten teacher some day,” he declared and blushed slightly at his childhood dream.

Jaejoong smiled gently, “Wow, that's amazing.”

Yunho's flush deepened at Jaejoong's outburst. “What about you?”

“I major in music and in my free time I am passionate about taking photographs.”

They continued to get to know each other better over breakfast and both registered to their liking that they fit very well together. While clearing the table after they had finished eating, Yunho was giddy with impatience. Would this be the end for today or would they spend more time together?

“So, what now? I mean we finished breakfast and spent more time together than on our former encounters combined and we're just getting to know each other,” he exclaimed a bit unsure and looked nervously at Jaejoong, “What shall we do now?”

Jaejoong pursed his lips in thought. “Well, we kinda rushed into things before and skipped a few steps before having . How about we go on a real date?” he asked with a nervous smile.

This led them to be in a cinema now, looking at movie posters and being unsure what movie both wanted to watch. Yunho had been a true gentleman and had asked him out to watch a movie together. Obviously it was one of the things couples indulged in other than having fun in bed together.

“All right, I'll count to three and then we just point at the poster we want to watch. We'll see where this leads us, okay?” Yunho suggested when after a while both hadn't decided on a movie. He had been on enough dates before to know that it could end on bad terms when only one was allowed to decide. Jaejoong nodded and he started to count, “One, two, three.”

Both shot out their hands and pointed at a poster. They started to laugh when they registered that both had picked the same movie. Once the decision was settled Yunho got hold of Jaejoong's hand and led him to the ticket booth.

 

*

 

They left the cinema while holding hands and Jaejoong humming softly to himself. The hum slowly turned into a soft singing, “This is Halloween, this is Halloween. Pumpkins scream in the dead of night, this is Halloween, everybody make a scene, trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright. It's our town, everybody scream. In this town of Halloween.”

Yunho smiled lovingly at him. “I really like it when you sing or hum. Like when we first met, you were just behind me humming along Christmas songs.”

Jaejoong looked am him perplexed, “Was I?”

“Yes, I just remembered that someone was humming me and it definitely was your voice. Don't you remember?” Yunho furrowed his eyebrows in concern.

“Sorry, I was so drunk that night. I'm lucky that I actually remember some things about you.” Jaejoong laughed a little embarrassed.

“Like what?” Yunho asked curiously. So far they hadn't talked about their memories about those times.

“Well, your mole for instance,” Jaejoong replied before he stopped and turned to Yunho to kiss said feature.

“Anything else?” Yunho rasped more curious.

Jaejoong grinned at him. “Well, it wouldn't be appropriate to show you just that on the streets. I could show you at my place though.” He winked suggestively, taking Yunho's hand into his when he continued their walk. He resumed to whistle along This is Halloween.

A loving smile spread over Yunho's lips. “I probably should thank Sandy Claws for receiving you for Christmas,” he murmured and adoringly smiled at Jaejoong who smiled likewise back at him.