December 24th

Third Time is the Charm

Wow, that's a nice complex.” Heechul whistled in awe. Kyuhyun groaned. 'Why did I bring them,' he wondered when he led his friends to the elevator. Changmin had described the way to his best friend's flat very detailed that he already felt known to the complex upon his first step inside. Unerringly he chose the third floor and swiftly moved down the corridor once the elevator arrived. Mumbling the number of his goal to himself he didn't register much of the talk behind his back.

“You'd think he's been here before by the way he's moving around,” Heechul muttered when he followed after Kyuhyun.

“When I'm not mistaken then Changmin-ssi was very specific in his sent directions,” Siwon replied and almost ran into Yunho when the latter abruptly stopped in front of the apartment Kyuhyun had announced to be their destination.

Glaring Kyuhyun turned to his friends. “You better behave or I swear to god,” he threatened and especially eyed Heechul.

“Why are you looking at me?” Heechul complained pouting. As if he were to make a fool out of Kyuhyun in front of his love interest!

Taking a deep breath Kyuhyun turned around and rang the bell. A sudden beep resounded. “Sorry,” Yunho muttered when he fished his phone out of his jacket. He didn't register the front door opening when he checked on the message he had received. A smile stole itself onto his lips when he read through the text. Musing about what to reply he didn't register much of his surroundings.

Kyuhyun beamed when a likewise beaming Changmin greeted him. “Hi,” he said pointing with his thumb back at his friends, “Sorry for bringing some attachment.”

Changmin chuckled at that, both deliberately ignoring Heechul's outcry, “We're not some attachment!” He pointed back as well, “I've got my own attachment I'm afraid.”

Jaejoong snorted when he neared the entrance, “Excuse me? I might have to reconsider cooking for you ever again.”

Changmin nervously laughed at that. Startled by a smack when Jaejoong's book hit the ground Changmin curiously turned to his friend. “You all right?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows when Jaejoong stared with widened eyes and flushed cheeks out of his door. Changmin followed his line of vision. Puzzled he eyed the male that had caught Jaejoong's attention. It obviously was a friend of Kyuhyun who seemed to be just as surprised and awestruck as Jaejoong.

Apparently Kyuhyun had registered the same. “What's gotten into you?” he asked Yunho who simply stared back at Changmin's friend with his phone clutched in his hand.

Puzzled Kyuhyun and Changmin looked at one another. “I don't know what's wrong with him, but this is Yunho and the two cuddling over there are Heechul and Siwon. Guys this is Changmin,” Kyuhyun introduced still a little flabbergasted and had Changmin awestruck for a moment.

Realisation hit Changmin when he turned to Jaejoong and pointed at Yunho, “This Yunho?” Jaejoong barely nodded when he gnawed at his bottom lip in nervousness. Groaning Changmin turned to Kyuhyun.

“What's going on over there?” Heechul wondered aloud when he followed the scene intently.

“Would love to know that as well,” Kyuhyun mumbled when he expectantly waited for Changmin's reply.

“Kyuhyun, this is Jaejoong. I believe these two had three very brief meetings,” Changmin all but sighed and a set of “Aaah”s resounded at the realisation.

It was Kyuhyun's turn to groan, “Great. I had the solution to end the misery of the past days right before my eyes.” Changmin cocked his head in question. Kyuhyun patted his shoulder, “I'll tell you when we're out of here.”

“I believe this will be interesting. Just a sec,” Changmin declared and hurriedly got dressed. With a curt goodbye to their friends the two left the scene.

Siwon smiled when he got hold of Heechul's hand. “We better leave them alone as well. Seems like they have a lot to talk about.” He dragged Heechul from the scene who had his eyes trained on Yunho and Jaejoong wordlessly staring at one another. When his line of sight shifted he frantically looked at Siwon. “No, wait! I've still got so many questions!” hollered through the corridor when Siwon unerringly dragged Heechul towards the elevator.

Left to themselves a shy smile scurried over Yunho's lips. “Hi,” he breathed waving softly with his hand holding his phone.

Jaejoong nervously tugged a strand behind his ear when he reciprocated the shy smile, “Hi.”